1.    #1  
    Do you all think there will be a difference in price between Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, or Sprint, other than the instant rebate offered at the former stores? Or will they all be $199+contract, with a rebate (whether instant or mail in, depending on the store)? I am just trying to plan on where to be on the 6th. I am leaning towards Best Buy, just because of the hours and the instant rebate (plus there may be a shorter line than WalMart or Sprint, although Radio Shack might be better), but Best Buy always wants crazy high prices for anything they sell Maybe I will use Radio Shack instead. Anyway, will they all be $199+Contract, or will some places ask more/less?
    They will all be the same. Only difference is that some of the larger chains may do the rebate instantly and take care of cashing it in themselves in order to offer a lower out-of-pocket cost and increase sales.

I plan on breaking my Best Buy quarantine to save $200 in rebates that day
  3. TMJ
    There was talk about all the discounts (like being a credit union member) does
    this apply only at a sprint store?

Thanks
    TMJ, those discounts are only off your monthly plan. NOT the cost of the phone. The 10% discount for credit union members, for example, is 10% off your monthly bill.
  5. TMJ
    ok thanks, but does that 10% work at walmart, radio shack or just at a premium sprint store. My concern is that the workers at these stores won't know what to do.

thanks.............
    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ View Post
    ok thanks, but does that 10% work at walmart, radio shack or just at a premium sprint store. My concern is that the workers at these stores won't know what to do.

thanks.............
    You can call sprint, or use the webchat at any time to have the discount to the monthly bill at any time.
    Getting the Pre in one's hot little hands will be the objective. All things can be fixed later via chat or telephone.

Swami has spoken.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ View Post

thanks.............
    I did mine through the Sprint website. They got my info to verify I worked where I said I did and then they said as soon as I upgrade off my ineligible el cheapo plan in June it will be applied.
  9. TMJ
    Another question, there was a sprint (high up) employee given his employee number for people to use for discounts, does this actually work?
  10. TMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Getting the Pre in one's hot little hands will be the objective. All things can be fixed later via chat or telephone.

Swami has spoken.
    I'm new to this but when you say by chat how does that help on discounts.
    I believe you mean indirectly, just leading you in the right direction, correct?