1.    #1  
    I need a new phone now! I am eligible for the $150 now also. Could I get a phone now and then swap it under the 30 day guarantee for a pre once it is released.

WIll I still be able to get the Pre for $199 then?

Any Speculation?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    I need a new phone now! I am eligible for the $150 now also. Could I get a phone now and then swap it under the 30 day guarantee for a pre once it is released.

Any Speculation?

Yes
    I can't see why not.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post

Any Speculation?
    i'd rather you didn't. this type of premeditated activity only drives up the prices for the rest of us. can't you just suck it up for 2.5 weeks?
    Maybe get a pre-paid or a $20 used phone off craigslist. Then you can swap the ESN and wait until June to just buy the Pre. You won't have used your subsidy yet so you can still save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'd rather you didn't. this type of premeditated activity only drives up the prices for the rest of us. can't you just suck it up for 2.5 weeks?
    Perhaps the "needing a new phone now" is due to the bustification of AZ's current phone which s/he was hoping would last another two and a half weeks...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Perhaps the "needing a new phone now" is due to the bustification of AZ's current phone which s/he was hoping would last another two and a half weeks...
    perhaps but i don't advocate shady behavior like you apparently do. there's something called karma.
    perhaps but i don't advocate shady behavior like you apparently do. there's something called karma.
    Where did I advocate shady behavior? As for karma, it's up to AZ whether or not they want to risk the consequences of gaming the system.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Where did I advocate shady behavior? As for karma, it's up to AZ whether or not they want to risk the consequences of gaming the system.
    we all pay when someone deliberately buys a phone only to return it days later. this increases carrier and manufacturer costs which are passed onto everyone else. your response of "i don't see why not" implicitly endorses such behavior.
    we all pay when someone deliberately buys a phone only to return it days later. this increases carrier and manufacturer costs which are passed onto everyone else. your response of "i don't see why not" implicitly endorses such behavior.
    Implicitly endorses? "I don't see why not" is an acknowledgement of whether or not that's going to work or not, not an endorsement of such actions.

And I am well aware of how the system works with returns. These things are already built into the pricing structure of everything from retail pricing to service plans. We're already paying for it, we've been paying for it since the concept of returns was first put into action.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  12.    #12  
    Wow.... Thanks for the replies!

My current phone has died, My 700wx lasted for a while..... But.........
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am in the same predicament. My iPhone died 3 days ago an it's been a ##### living without a cell phone. I visited a Sprint store today, explained I wanted to switch from AT&T to the Pre, but needed a new (and cheap) phone to hold me over for a few weeks.

WTH is shady about this?

Anyway, the guy was helpful and showed me the Rant. But he said I would have to pay a restocking fee when I switched to the Pre. Not a big deal but I thought Sprint was dying for people to switch to them from other carriers. Not so much...
    Woah woah settle down in here people do this kind of stuff all the time, there is nothing wrong with it...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    I am in the same predicament. My iPhone died 3 days ago an it's been a ##### living without a cell phone. I visited a Sprint store today, explained I wanted to switch from AT&T to the Pre, but needed a new (and cheap) phone to hold me over for a few weeks.

WTH is shady about this?

Anyway, the guy was helpful and showed me the Rant. But he said I would have to pay a restocking fee when I switched to the Pre. Not a big deal but I thought Sprint was dying for people to switch to them from other carriers. Not so much...
    There is nothing shady about that. However, I think what Geko was referring to are those that go in, and pretend to be buying a phone that they know they're not going to keep.

The 30 day return policy really is to accomodate those that are genuinely displeased with a phone that didn't meet their expectations; not as a free "borrow a phone" service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Woah woah settle down in here people do this kind of stuff all the time, there is nothing wrong with it...
    Are you talking about shoplifting? I mean, people do that all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Are you talking about shoplifting? I mean, people do that all the time...
    Nah... that is fine! I plan on getting to the Sprint store on the 4th so I can rob the UPS guy
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.