Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So we all have been religiously anticipating the moment we all can get this beautiful device in our hands and now that we know exactly when it'll be here, BAMMMMM!! The fiance hits me with the "we have to go to her hometown for her older brothers surprise bday party which starts at 11 am!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! WTF!!!!!!!! she KNOWS how much I'm on this site and watching every move palm makes and she isn't budging on me attending the party. Being as they have sprint stores there, albeit I'm not familiar with them (don't know which is corporate) or couldn't tell you where one is, I feel completely out of my comfort zone and she has got me pretty much by the . I am a premier customer, but the purchasing details haven't been released so far. WHAT AM I TO DO THE MORNING OF THE 6TH SINCE IT'LL TAKE ABOUT 2 HOURS TO DRIVE TO HER HOMETOWN AND SHE IS ALL ABOUT LEAVING **** A** EARLY?!?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! I AM DESPERATE!!!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Divorce!!!!! Nah just kidding. Order one online or maybe they won't run out and there will be plenty and you will be able to get one!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Maybe you need to order it online?
    The good news is that you're not married yet, so that negates the need for a divorce.

I'd say..... hm... buy it the next day? Depending on what phone you have now and what internet capabilities it has, you can spend the time that you're at that party going to pre central to read up on first reactions people have to the phone! I mean, it may be a party, but you have a girl already, no need to hit on new ones!

That's what I would do.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Leave that much earlier so you reach her hometown & drop her off where the party is supposed to be at by about 7:00am. GoogleMaps the area for the nearest Sprint, RadioShack, WalMart, BestBuy, in the area & be there by about 7:30am (depending how far it is away from the party). You should have more than enough time to get back to the location of the party. You might lose out on some sleep but at least you'll have your PRE in hand!
    11 a.m. - 2 hours = 9 a.m. departure time.

Stores open at 8 a.m. You have an hour to spare. Get in line EARLY, get your Pre, and go to the party. Everyone's happy.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Get one on the 7th -- no big deal -- after the party, or order through Telesales. So what ... you have to go without the Pre for another day. Personal relationships are worth far more than the Pre! Seriously!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Get up really early and stand in line...If you are towards the front it shouldn't take too long and considering they are "rumored" to open at 8am that morning you should have enough time.
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 05/19/2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: you're quick pilot
    Yeah order it online ASAP. It's not worth the arguments with your fiance about it - plenty of time to argue about that kind of stuff when you're married Trust me. No seriously though - you'll soon learn that being married is a game of balancing acts. But as much as people make fun of the negatives, I am blessed to have such a wonderful wife. She got me a brand new macbook because my laptop was crap and is offering to wait at another Sprint store in case the one I'm in runs out. It's stuff like that you'll soon realize how lucky you are to have her.
    Ask yourself what would Dwight Shrute do?
    I wonder how she will react to having to get out of bed extra early just so you can stand in line at a Sprint store in her home town...lol

I doubt Dwight will be the life of the party if he does get it and then attends the party....I am guessing he will charge it first and sit next to it watching the battery meter go up. What if there are little kids at the party and the find the Pre getting charged and it lands up mutilated or in the pool/toilet? It would be the first ever Pre casualty!

We need a life...seriously...this is crazy! lol
    Like the rest of the ppl, try to order early from Telesales or Online, several ppl have mentioned you can usually order through these a couple days before launch. Worse comes to worst, just go to Sprint store(they open at 8AM on launch day) and get the phone, should leave you enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If I were you, I would fake a case of gastroenteritis that night and stay home sick. Take about 10 trips to the bathroom. That way you can stay home, go get your Pre, and play with it all day by yourself and be 100% better by the end of the day. I'm not kidding.
    This idea does have some merit.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Geez, it's just a phone! Life won't end if you don't get one on Saturday.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Geez, it's just a phone! Life won't end if you don't get one on Saturday.
    YES IT WILL!!!!!

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

"Sweetheart. You know I'm looking forward to your brother's surprise birthday party, but you also know how much I've looked forward to buying this new Palm Pre that comes out on the 6th. I've read in several places that there are not going to be a lot available on the 6th, and I'd really rather not wait a couple of months for them to restock. I want your opinion on how we can fit everything in. Should I go to the Sprint store first thing in the morning here and get the phone, or would you rather get up earlier so I can go to one of the stores in your brother's city?"

Modify as necessary.

If that doesn't work, you can always fall back on the gastroenteritis.
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    WHAT AM I TO DO THE MORNING OF THE 6TH SINCE IT'LL TAKE ABOUT 2 HOURS TO DRIVE TO HER HOMETOWN AND SHE IS ALL ABOUT LEAVING **** A** EARLY?!?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! I AM DESPERATE!!!!!
    You have 2 simple choices:

1. Skip the party and buy locally like you planned
    2. Go to the party, find a Walmart that sells both the Pre and a T-Shirt that says "Just Call Me Whipped" on the front and back...

Edited After reading the other posts, I'll offer a third suggestion:

Buy a lot of the T-Shirts that say "Just Call Me Whipped", sell them on this forum, and use the profits to pay for your Pre.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You have 2 simple choices:

1. Skip the party and buy locally like you planned
    2. Go to the party, find a Walmart that sells both the Pre and a T-Shirt that says "Just Call Me Whipped" on the front and back...

Edited After reading the other posts, I'll offer a third suggestion:

Buy a lot of the T-Shirts that say "Just Call Me Whipped", sell them on this forum, and use the profits to pay for your Pre.
    haha!! great suggestions guys but this one really had me after reading #2!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    get your priorities straight. dump her and get the Pre.
    The Pre will satisfy all your needs...well after flash it will...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast