Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i feel ya bro, i am gonna be at E3 that week and i was planning on stayin in LA until saturday...i had to rebook my flight for friday so i can comeback and camp!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i feel ya bro, i am gonna be at E3 that week and i was planning on stayin in LA until saturday...i had to rebook my flight for friday so i can comeback and camp!
    Weren't you guys working on a new Postal game?
    Yeah, get the priorities right - but do not say them. She is the boss. She is the boss. She can and will make life hell for you if you forget she is the boss.
    Drive up the night before and stay in a hotel conveniently located near a Sprint or Best Buy. Visit the store the night before to raise your comfort level. Get up early the next day to buy the phone. You could even wait in line all night while your wife sleeps in the hotel.

During the party, you will now have a conversation starter in case you need it.

P.S. If you want to be remembered forever, buy 2 and give the second one to your future brother-in-law as a gift.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    By the way, on some matters you need to stand your ground. However, when it's a question of family vs gadget, go with the family. You may someday have children, and there will be other conflicts like having to drive the kid to a birthday party or attend a talent show or a meeting with the teacher--those should take priority over getting a new toy^H^H^Hproductivity tool for yourself.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Whatever you wind up doing, just count yourself lucky that you have a woman that is cool with the concept of you spending hours in an online forum that discusses anything, least of all a cell phone. I don't mean that as an insult because I'm right here with you and am drooling over this new gadget as well. But I keep it to myself and don't tell my g-friend. I'd probably just secretly be pissed if I were in your situation. So it sounds like you have a pretty open and honest relationship. So that should be some comfort.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    The fiance hits me with the "we have to go to her hometown for her older brothers surprise bday party which starts at 11 am!! she KNOWS how much I'm on this site and watching every move palm makes and she isn't budging on me attending the party.
    So, it starts. She's showing you who's the boss. You want something bad, she is going to show you that she's more important than your wants. However she can.

Hang on for the ride!

(Or maybe she's going to surprise you with one).

Maybe that's why I'm SINGLE!!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This thread is scary. I can't believe so many guys devalue themselves so much just because they think there is only one woman in the whole world who will ever love them. Society has done a job on us men with this scarcity mentality.

I feel sorry for the women. They want a man who doesn't compromise his virtues, who doesn't back down when something is non-negotiable, who stands up for himself when something is important to him, who will stand up for her, who she can count on to make the tough decisions. It's clear that there are many women out there who are not getting what they want: a man they can respect and depend on.

If you hold your ground when something is non-negotiable, she will respect you even if she doesn't like it. If you cave over every little issue out of an irrational fear that you will lose her, then she has all the power... and she doesn't want it. She will resent you for it.

There is a way to cooperate without sacrificing what is really important to you. Treowalt has the right idea.

Two books that every man should read:
    The Way of the Superior Man
    Hold on to Your N.U.T.s
    I won't get into the male/female thing. It's too complicated, LOL!

But maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Honestly, I would like to see some reviews or user feedback before throwing down $300 plus tax.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12