• 10 AM or later

4 5.63%
  • From the store but not the first day

8 11.27%
  • Not buying it at a store

10 14.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What time will you guys be arriving since the stores are opening early at 8?
    7:59:59

Sorry, I had to.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Probably a few hours ahead....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    7:59:59

Sorry, I had to.

poll added...sorry that option isn't included....
    Depends what my buddy working at Sprint tells me on June 5th.
    Just spoke with the retail manager at Sprint, he was really excited about the phone and asked me how I knew the Pre was going to be out on the 6th (news didn't travel that fast us for official release announcement).
    Anywho, I asked about lines and expected sales, but he said he didnt have "any idea" which is disappointing, and even worse, he said they didn't have a waitlist for the phone.
  7.    #7  
    for those who picked 5 am or earlier, first, really? and second, how much earlier
    I might go early before going to church
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    I am waiting a few days for some 1st impressions. I dont need to hurry to spend $200.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am waiting a few days for some 1st impressions. I dont need to hurry to spend $200.
    You mean $300
    The closest Sprint store (which is pretty close indeed) is right next door to a Panera Bread store. Since Panera opens early (6:00am) and has free WiFi, I'll go there and hang out, checking for a line every now and then. Once a line starts, I'll join it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    You mean $300
    Not at retail stores
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    If I posted what time I was going to be there, then people would show up before me and get my Pre.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    As a Sprint Premier Customer I received an email invitation to a Palm Pre Launch Party on June 5. The invitation states that I would be able to purchase the Pre at the event before it hits the streets the next day. I had to RSVP for the party which kicks off @ 6pm at a Sprint Store in Los Angeles, CA. Celebs would show up between 7-9pm. Party ends at midnight. I hope I can make it!
    Not sure. I was planning on going to Best Buy but since they are opening earlier I may had to the Sprint store. I just hate the idea of dealing with the rebate. I may just call the BB the day before to verify stock and opening time. I'll wait the extra 2 hours until 10am if it means not dealing with rebates. If I somehow miss out, I will cross the street to the Sprint store and hope I'm not too late.
    Gonna be at the store early.. and on the phone with telesales.....see which one I get first.....much better chance.....either walk out with the Pre...or delivered on the next tuesday.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bondocpre View Post
    As a Sprint Premier Customer I received an email invitation to a Palm Pre Launch Party on June 5. The invitation states that I would be able to purchase the Pre at the event before it hits the streets the next day. I had to RSVP for the party which kicks off @ 6pm at a Sprint Store in Los Angeles, CA. Celebs would show up between 7-9pm. Party ends at midnight. I hope I can make it!
    If you don't mind, what city do you live in? I'm in Agoura Hills, and so far no email. I'm wondering if they just filtered for certain zips within X miles of downtown LA.

When you registered, what location did they give you?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If i get it from bestbuy i can get it for $199 out the door with no mail in rebate?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    If i get it from bestbuy i can get it for $199 out the door with no mail in rebate?
    typically they cover the mail in rebates so yes
    I'm getting mine at Radio Shack to avoid the hassle of the mail-in-rebate. It opens at 10am, so I plan on arriving around that time.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast