Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, I know this much. Sprint's screwing their sales people out of a comission, cause I'll be buying at best buy. That is, once I can get conformation of what the price will be at BB and if they'll have any in stock here.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    So I guess to you paying $20 more per month for a plan equivalent to Sprint's $69.99 is worth not playing the phone price game. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that it's not worth it. Notice how $340 for the first year (includes the $100 more you would spend on the iPhone 32GB) is another iPhone or Palm Pre.
    I'm just speaking for me. Others probably do think it's worth the hassle.

There are also other reasons for me to stay on AT&T. But at one time I had contracts with 2 different carriers. I was considering doing that again for the Pre, but I'm not sure it's worth it as much now. $300 plus tax for an 8GB phone, then a hassle rebate, dampened my enthusiasm a bit.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What advertised price did they not offer?
    What I was trying to say was, when I see a low price, then see the fine print of "with rebate", that puts me off. That means jump through hoops to get the advertised price.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I am a little bit annoyed with the hassle of MIRs, so that is why I plan on going to Radio Shack where the price the customer sees is the price they get.
    That's exactly what I prefer!

PhoneDiva, have you considered buying the Pre at Radio Shack or Best Buy? They both have straight forward pricing.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    The p*ssing and moaning about "all the work" it takes to send in a rebate.. By the way, rebate programs are for one thing and one thing only....to develop and/or build a database.
    nice.. very positive first post, looking forward to the next -- BTW - if a forum poster were to become (or is already) a Sprint customer, they will have that person in their "database".. and their social security number as well.. they can pretty much tell by the credit score if the forum poster can afford an everything plan.

Maybe they require a really high priced service plan for really really negative people.
    Maybe I'll indeed look at Best Buy. If I can avoid the rebate hassle, I'm all for it!

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    It's not only about the inconvenience of rebates. In LA we got our sales tax raised to 9.75% and Chicago has been 10.25% for a while. So that's an extra $10 for no real reason.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Sprint rebates work now but I know with other products the stores like it because when you cut up that box for the UPC then you can't return your defective/broken/cruddy product anymore. It's a real pain that ruins that "customer experience" that Apple fans like to brag about.
    this is what im reading:

wah wah wah.

blah blah blah

wah wah wah

dont buy it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It was asked earlier and it wasn't answered, so I'll join in and ask:

Where did you see that BB/WM/RS would sell the Pre for $199, no rebates needed?
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 05/19/2009 at 09:53 PM.
    I am glad that I live in Australia and don't have to deal with all this stuff.

We have two options:
    Pre-Paid/Outright Price
    $X per month on Y month contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It was asked earlier and it wasn't answered, so I'll join in and ask:

Where did you see that BB/WM/RS would sell the Pre for $199, no rebates needed?
    see.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    I am glad that I live in Australia and don't have to deal with all this stuff.

We have two options:
    Pre-Paid/Outright Price
    $X per month on Y month contract
    That makes sense to me !
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    It's a ridiculous thing to be angry about. Normally, I hate when people argue in FAVOR of a company at all (apple, google, microsoft, etc.) as though a company which may have a 'nice and friendly' image is ever attempting to do anything in the long haul but sustain itself financially.

This, however, can easily be seen as a company offering the same phone at two different price points. Sprint mail in rebates are incredibly fool-proof (unlike many others I have seen working retail), and no one who is likely to skimp out on a solid $100 cash rebate is likely to miss it anyway. These arnt old ladies that are being scammed.

It's like seeing a movie matinee and only paying 6 dollars for a ticket instead of 11.
    How do we get the rebate if we order from Sprint online? Will it be an option on checkout? Since they already have all your info and it's in their system, wouldn't they just apply it to the price as an instant rebate instead of sending a check?
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    How do we get the rebate if we order from Sprint online? Will it be an option on checkout? Since they already have all your info and it's in their system, wouldn't they just apply it to the price as an instant rebate instead of sending a check?
    I think they include it in the box...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I think they include it in the box...
    For my Touch Diamond I had to go online and pull down a .PDF form, print it out, fill it in, and mail it. There was no mention of the rebate or how to apply for it in the box.

By the way, the rebate on it was supposed to be for $100, but I only got a check for $80. I hate mail-in rebates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Thanks, but that's just for Best Buy. How about Radio Shack, Walmart?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What advertised price did they not offer?
    $199.

C'mon guys, once again, it isn't the point of the rebate hassle. It's the phone costing you $300 ON THE DAY YOU BUY IT, not when you get the rebate of $100 in September.

You guys are something. I'm sure all of you are going to spend that $100 check on something Pre related, and then claim, "my Pre only cost $199", as if you got a great deal.

Sprint KNOWS the phone should be $199, no questions asked, everywhere. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Thanks, but that's just for Best Buy. How about Radio Shack, Walmart?
    In a different thread yesterday, somebody said they confirmed it with Radio Shack, but it wasn't a printed article, so who knows for sure. Then a guy who works for Walmart said that Walmart doesn't get involved in gimmicks and the instant rebate thing would probably be considered a gimmick.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast