Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of ordering online too, but if it's true that Best Buy will give the $100 MIR to you right away, I'll try there first. My 22 months are up less than 2 weeks after the launch, I'm hoping there will be one left for me.
    Thanks scizzy, hope you use your Pre more than your taser on the beat!
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Haven't used it yet...

I use my verbal judo on a daily basis...
    Haha, good. I think that there should be a crime-themed Now Network page just for you. Imagine all the widgets.
    Last edited by Graham Cracker; 05/20/2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: link
  2.    #62  
    Haha, good. I think that there should be a crime-themed Now Network page just for you. Imagine all the widgets.
    haha, I have "trapster" on my blackberry curve...

I'm not sure why since I know where all the redlight cameras and speed traps are...

hmmmm....

I'm going to pose another question:

When I bring my curve down to purchase the pre, will they be able to transfer my contacts over like every other phone... or not...?

When I bring my curve down to purchase the pre, will they be able to transfer my contacts over like every other phone... or not...?
    I'm 99% sure this is something that the Sprint corporate stores can do. They have their own system with different interfaces to talk to different phone models or they may just use the bluetooth interface to copy all your contacts from your Curve over to the Pre (not sure). I'm thinking this is one of the trainings they should have received prior to this phone's release
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Scizzy, I just ported my number from T-Mobile to Sprint. I had a Razr2 and the salesperson took my phone in the back and transferred all of my contacts over. I think they can do it with most any phone.
    Already ordered my ghost armor full body for the pre, hopefully it doesn't orange peel and make the screen and gesture area more "sticky" or "tacky" when it comes to swiping and the like...
    Have you heard of the Invisibe Shield? I've used it for my wife's iPod, my iPod Touch, HTC Touch and the screen protector for all my Treos.

Note they have both a full body shield (the best) or if you prefer, just the screen protector. It should be obvious but the full body shield ALSO protects the screen.
    scizzy, the stash is unstoppable! haha

I had a pearl and they saved all my contacts in their system for me, for free. so im sure they can do it for you too.

@carioca

how does the invisible shield work? Is there a picture of on that is not already on a phone? its it REALLY that invisible?
    Last edited by supervillain; 05/20/2009 at 08:42 AM.
    ...I use my verbal judo on a daily basis...
    You must of had the same course I had on how to be assertive. It was a required course for me, before I could be on a boarding party. It's an interesting course. You quickly learn that if you come on to an individual aggressively, you get an aggressive response. If you come on to a person assertively, it a different ballgame and they listen.

I use to be a Federal Boating Officer in the United States Coast Guard. You can get into some pretty scary situation when you're running night operations and boarding foreign vessels. Then if you find the "stash", your adrenalin starts to pump so fast, because you have no idea what these people are going to do. A Coast Guardsman put together a pretty cool video on the Coast Guard: Feel the Coast Guard - MySpace - Truveo Video Search

I hope you get your Pre from Best Buy!
    Last edited by palandri; 05/20/2009 at 11:20 AM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I sincerely doubt that a few minutes during "down" times here & there is going to adversely affect a police officers performance. At any number of places I've worked, there are people checking things out on the "net" on company time & they get their work done too.

Everyone needs a break. I know I read somewhere that it's actually detrimental to moral on the job, to limit internet access & eventually leads to less productivity. This is particularly true for professions where people don't work JUST 8-5 & often have work bleed over into personal time & if that doesn't describe a police officer I don't know what does.

**Sorry, I know that's late to the thread, but wanted to say it anyway**
    Last edited by cjbritton; 05/20/2009 at 11:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    scizzy, the stash is unstoppable! haha

I had a pearl and they saved all my contacts in their system for me, for free. so im sure they can do it for you too.

@carioca

how does the invisible shield work? Is there a picture of on that is not already on a phone? its it REALLY that invisible?
    Check out the zagg site. They have videos putting the thing on, testing its strength and everything. pretty cool
    Ha ha, sooooo. In a little late, but I had a question I wanted to throw out there anyway. I'm guessing that most stores are going to run out of the Pre. I hope I'm wrong, but call it a hunch. What do you all think the restocking situation is going to be like if that's the case? Would we have adequate Pre's within a few days? Weeks?
    Well thanks for pulling this thread off-topic. A page of random useless Pre-speak later, do you have anything to say for yourself? We were heatedly discussing whether scizzy was wasting tax payer dollars, why some dude has a crazy mustache in his avatar pic and a few people felt compelled to complain about the government/police force.

Thanks, thanks a lot for ruining the important discussion...

To keep this off-topic: I really hope there aren't shortages (crosses fingers) because I won't be able to pick this up day one at a store since I'll be ordering service and the phones online through Everything Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Well thanks for pulling this thread off-topic. A page of random useless Pre-speak later, do you have anything to say for yourself?
    Useless? I had never heard of "trapster" before, and will be complaining loudly that I want a version for the Pre.

Hardly "useless"...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Useless? I had never heard of "trapster" before, and will be complaining loudly that I want a version for the Pre.

Hardly "useless"...
    trapster is good as long as the people that update it try to be honest about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    @carioca

It's almost invisible (as the name implies), it's adhesive but it's not harmful to your phone. Instead of me trying to explain how it works, as someone suggested, their site has tons of videos -how-to videos with installation tips (it's a bit of a pain to install, but very worth it) as well as videos showing how resistant the shield is.

After learning about the invisible shield, I would never go back to those bulky and ugly cases. What's the point of protecting your phone if you can't see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Well thanks for pulling this thread off-topic. A page of random useless Pre-speak later, do you have anything to say for yourself? We were heatedly discussing whether scizzy was wasting tax payer dollars, why some dude has a crazy mustache in his avatar pic and a few people felt compelled to complain about the government/police force.

Thanks, thanks a lot for ruining the important discussion...

To keep this off-topic: I really hope there aren't shortages (crosses fingers) because I won't be able to pick this up day one at a store since I'll be ordering service and the phones online through Everything Plus.
    My "Question" is why did Dan Hesse allow the shortage from Palm. Is this really because Palm has no cash in the bank? They knew that this phone would sell well, why not an adequate stock of the phone? ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    My "Question" is why did Dan Hesse allow the shortage from Palm. Is this really because Palm has no cash in the bank? They knew that this phone would sell well, why not an adequate stock of the phone? ???
    Isn't that what Apple did with the IPhone?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    New plan:

1)Infiltrate the highest levels of the shipping company they'll use.

2)Get information on routes.

3)Hijack the trucks delivering the units to Sprint.

4)Profit.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hopefully there are enough units, but if not I suppose the reason is because Palm would rather have less units out there and maybe have less bugs and problems with the phone. If you release a phone and it's buggy, the phone could be a failure. If they have a short supply of phones but have a phone that is solid, demand might go through the roof.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234