Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay, just had my own chat with a Sprint rep, and here's what I was told:

Her: "Your line will be eligible to upgrade for the discounted price on
    2/1/2010. If you upgrade before that time the phone will be $474.99
    with a $100.00 mail in rebate.

Me: "So, $474.99 - $100 rebate = $374.99 final price?"

Her: "Correct."

Edit: Incidentally, I asked her to make a note in my account to that effect. If it works out that way, I'll be tickled pink. $375 seems like a good price for the Pre in my situation, and given the $200 or so I'll get on eBay for my Touch Pro, it's even better.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2660 View Post
    ok, I just called Sprint, and spoke to a woman who said that I will be eligible for the 199.00 price, but not until 9/09. When I told her the website said that my contract has another 15 months and I wont be eligible until 9/10, she said HER system is telling her otherwise.

arg.
    If you're a Premiere customer, then that makes sense. S | P customers get the non-contract price a year early.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well, if we are to assume that the maximum discounts and rebates total:
    $150 upgrade price + $100 mail-in rebate = $250
    and the from price for the Pre being $199,
    I would say that the retail price is $449 (because $449 - $250 = $199).
    But that's just a guess.
    I think this does not include instant savings which are $50 to $250.

there are sprint phones that have had list price of $600 and final discounted price at $100, for a total discounts and rebates of $500. A total of $400 in discounts is not uncommon either.

I would guess list will be $600 to $650. this satisfies Palm's pricing status needs. Sprint could care less what the list price is, the higher the better. It has zero to do with how much they buy from palm for, that is already set by a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, just had my own chat with a Sprint rep, and here's what I was told:

Her: "Your line will be eligible to upgrade for the discounted price on
    2/1/2010. If you upgrade before that time the phone will be $474.99
    with a $100.00 mail in rebate.

Me: "So, $474.99 - $100 rebate = $374.99 final price?"

Her: "Correct."

Edit: Incidentally, I asked her to make a note in my account to that effect. If it works out that way, I'll be tickled pink. $375 seems like a good price for the Pre in my situation, and given the $200 or so I'll get on eBay for my Touch Pro, it's even better.
    Ebay prices will settle at about $350 maximum as soon as new supply surpasses demand at Sprint. You can buy at best buy for $300 and cancel your sprint contract the next day losing $150 ETF.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    My phone is eligible for $150 equipment upgrade credit...
    Does that mean I can walk out with my pre for $49.99?

Sound real good to me!
    If you can twist the right arms/sweet talk the right sales reps, then sure, it could happen (I was able to do that with my 755p). But don't count on it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12