View Poll Results: What's the First Thing You're Going to Test When You Get the Pre?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • How many cards I can have open till it freezes

31 23.31%
  • Try to activate with my SERO because I Believe!

6 4.51%
  • Try Web to see if it's better then iPhone

49 36.84%
  • Flash!

2 1.50%
  • Email

15 11.28%
  • Seeing if I can tether this to my lappy

3 2.26%
  • Test nav till I drive my car in a lake

6 4.51%
  • I'm just going to call to everyone and rub it in that I got a Pre!

21 15.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'm going to try my companies website. None of the smart phones will render it properly. Android is very close, but not sufficiently so. I'm hoping the Pre will do better. All of the desktop browsers render it fine. If it works I bet Palm will sell about 6000 of them to my fellow co-workers.
    I was gonna pick run it over with a 1 ton dually to see if it would still work like my treo 700p did. That's how you know a phone is well constructed.. sure the screen cracked but it still made phone calls.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Figure out how to explain to my wife I just bought a Pre and paid an early termination fee on the iPhone. She already rolled her eyes when I waited in line for the iPhone. Now she'll really give me a hard time in less than 12 months.
    My husband has given up on this . This will be my 4th phone and 4th carrier in the past year. And, I waited in the lines for all of them. The worst being the Storm I was first in line and the first to return it. I'm hoping the Pre will be the final phone I buy.
    I think i will also be trying Synergy first.
    camera
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm going to surf the web to see if it really is a MILLION times faster than the iPhone
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I would sit and stare at it. Waiting for it to make the first move. Good way to release all the tension from waiting.
    Maybe see how loud the ringtones will get...
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I will run two active websites or apps side-by-side on the screen. Just stare for a minute of the miracle that they are both clearly live and living happily together on the screen.
    man finally seeing this phone is going to be crazy i think as soon as i open the box im just going to pass out or something
    If pandora isn't pre loaded (no pun intended), then I will be 1st visiting the app store and downloading it... I will install it, and enjoy multi-tasking as I learn SYNERGY

/edit oh, and whoever thought that sprint was rolling out there WiMax on the Pre was silly... You guys were the worst to argue with.

I'm gonna say it. I told you so. :P
    Last edited by zionixi; 05/21/2009 at 01:21 AM.
    I love lolcats
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Power on. Then - hear me out - make a call!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Me too - it's a phone, after all. I'm sure hoping call quality is good!
    ^ That's always my Biggest Concern.

Call Quality and Reception.
    Just call me Berd.
    i think one of the first things im going to do is check out the keyboard i use my phone mostly to text
    I'll probably open up the webbrowser and see if Logmein works. If it does and its reasonably ok, I'm gonna be in heaven.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    im gunna touch it to an iphone and hope they spawn a baby, the "iPre" once its born im gunna take "mr blurry cam" pictures and post them on every tech blog and forum
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ^ That's always my Biggest Concern.

Call Quality and Reception.
    Your going to use your Pre to make calls??????
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Figure out how to explain to my wife I just bought a Pre and paid an early termination fee on the iPhone. She already rolled her eyes when I waited in line for the iPhone. Now she'll really give me a hard time in less than 12 months.
    Don't pay for the ETF from apple for cancelling your service with them - Tell ATT that you are moving to an area where their service doesn't reach and complain that it's unfair that you be forced to pay a cancellation fee when you wont be able to use their phone in an area where their service doesn't exist - works every time (worked for me, and worked for all of my friends who I coached through it). PM me if you want more tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Your going to use your Pre to make calls??????
    I didn't even know it could make calls.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Research Palm's migration tools and import anything I can over to the Pre, which may only be contacts.
    And see how well bluetooth works with my 1st edition Jawbone compared to the crappy 700P bluetooth (i.e. will it stay connected).
    Configure it to connect to my home WiFi.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/21/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123