1.    #1  
    Im fed up with all these apple fanboys and Verizon/ATT customers dissing the PRE. They keep having lame excuses on why the dont want the PRE. First its the Network(Sprint), then its the Customer Service, then its the plastic PRE is made of. I dont understand how they can seriously turn their heads at this device. Its far superior in every way (except maybe storage).

Is anyone as frustrated as i am?
    So just buy your Pre, and feel superior. Like the rest of us.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    You can't really make an statement saying that an unreleased product is better than anything. Arguments like this shouldn't happen until several months after the compared products are released.

BTW. I'm all prepped up to be a Pre owner but there are a TON of questions that I won't have answered until I've actually used it. Battery usage, ease of use, keyboard response, learning curve (for the wife), durability, availability, over-reliance on the "cloud", syncing etc. It definitely seems to be more than just another "hype" product but that doesn't mean it can't fall short of customer expectation.
  4.    #4  
    yes i should. but the iphone/storm/bb users can always come back and say "well there are 45945949 iphones/storms/bb on the market".

sigh....i need to convince EVERYONE lol.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    You will just be sounding like an Apple fanboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    yes i should. but the iphone/storm/bb users can always come back and say "well there are 45945949 iphones/storms/bb on the market".

sigh....i need to convince EVERYONE lol.
    So whats the difference between you and all the fanboys out there? You think the device you have/will have is superior.

Just buy what works for you. Thank god everyone doesn't think alike. Would you want every single person you see with a Pre, wearing the same clothes, talking the same talk? Jesus christ... And no, the Pre ISN'T superior, its only superior to those that think it is like every single thing out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You can't really make an statement saying that an unreleased product is better than anything. Arguments like this shouldn't happen until several months after the compared products are released.
    Very true. Also it's just silly fanboy behavior. Nothing new in geek circles or online in general.

People like to pride themselves on having the best thing. It shows they know what they are talking about. When folks take that too seriously, they get weird about it...like to the point where they want other devices to fail just so they can keep on having the most popular thing.

There are things the Pre obviously does better than an iPhone or a Storm or a Touch Pro or a G1 or whatever but I can guarantee that there are other things that it will not do as well as some of its competitors.

The trick is to figure out what features you need the most, how much you are willing to pay, and then pick your device. The more of these high-end phones that are released, the more choices we have as consumers.

If people feel the need to turn it into some kind of ****-waving contest then let them. Getting the best device for your needs and budget should be reward enough.
    It's all relative and extremely subjective.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    People with inferiority complexes always are.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    nokia n97 launching june 2nd looks pretty sweet too. 32gb internal AND microsd slot
    I am sure the Walt Mossbergs and David Pogues will make the comparisons. But no matter the outcome, people will still defend their $200+ purchase because they are obviously invested in it and we all like different things. The Pre wont appeal to everyone, but it only matters if its the best device for you!

Go buy it and let others decide for themselves (just bring a hanky for the fingerprints and drool they will leave on your Pre)!
    I like Blue myself. I think everyone else should be using Blue. I have Blue shirt on as type this. My slacks are black, but that's really a "non-color" so it doesn't count. Don't ask about my underwear, it's NOYB.

The main reason I keep coming to this forum is because the primary color trim is Blue. If it were some other color, like green, I'd have just cause to complain...

What? Huh, the border color?? Hey, I never noticed that!! What's up with that?
    I'll hold off on answering this until I actually see the Pre.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Not to argue the iPhone side, but we don't even know what the Jun9 iPhone will be like so your superiority complex is based on an '09 Pre vs an '07 iPhone. Palm may be in the same position as the Zune in that it is a good product but it is constantly 1 generation behind the leader.

Also, you have to consider the app store. That is a major part of what makes the iPhone so great but it took over a year for them to make it worthwhile. If we have to wait 6-12months for decent Pre apps then we'll be missing out on some cool stuff. (For me, I'm dying for the Pre-MLB app but it probably won't happen until next year)
    Im fed up with all these apple fanboys and Verizon/ATT customers dissing the PRE. They keep having lame excuses on why the dont want the PRE. First its the Network(Sprint), then its the Customer Service, then its the plastic PRE is made of. I dont understand how they can seriously turn their heads at this device. Its far superior in every way (except maybe storage).

Mate, lets face it. Whilst the iPhone is a sparkly attractive bit of engineering, it is also largely a superficial device, for superficial people.
    If ya haven't figured out by know that superficial people are hard (if not impossible) to argue with, perhaps you never will. :-)
    Once they run out of logic, Apple fanbois just resort to "throwing tables and chairs" or anything else in the room that they can pick up. This makes it kinda hard to have an intelligent discussion with them. So I wouldn't bother to waste my time.

By superficial, I mean that it has a whole lot of bells and whistles, that are not particularly useful in our day to day life.

......End Rant

Typed on a Macbook Pro, in a house FULL of Apple product---just no iPhones.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro running Windows 7. I love the hardware, don't like OS X. So, there's all sorts.

Let 'em rant. I'll simply continuing buying what works for me, and enjoy my life.

Caveat: I _am_ a little concerned, at the same time, that the Pre gets a fair shake in the press. I want it to be successful (on the merits, of course) so that on-going developer and accessory support will be there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    its funny, i went out and i told my buddy im getting one (as he played with his BB Storm) and hes like, didnt that just come out on AT&T?