Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    What happened to Walt Mossberg and the WSJ?

Since it is indeed T-18 days, when would we expect real reviews to start appearing. Would this happen immediately? Would Palm/Sprint wait for reviews to be published at launch? Perhaps stealing a significant portion of Apple's thunder if the actually favored the Pre?
    I'd hate to do a full review on something that isn't ready to go. App store is offline, maybe some other things.
    I really do think having some great reviews in large publications would do the Pre a huge favor. Maybe palm is counting on killer reviews, and that is why they picked the June 6th, so that the phone is a lot more noticeable. If they tried launching after apple did their announcement, the phone may have a hard time getting any attention.
    App store won't go online until June 6th. How can you do a full review without one of the most important features?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    When the first iPhone was coming out, were the hands on reviews--including App store, synching, iTunes, etc--done prior to phone release or after?

Cheers
    Apple didn't have an app store. Pretty easy to review actually since it didn't have much period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    When the first iPhone was coming out, were the hands on reviews--including App store, synching, iTunes, etc--done prior to phone release or after?

Cheers
    There was no App Store then, but even so...I remember Engadget and Gizmodo didn't get their reviews up until almost 2 weeks after launch day in 2007.