1.    #1  
    Anyone know if Good will be supportable on the Pre? Maybe through the classic app?
    Not yet. Active Sync will be the only way to connect with Ms Exchange initially.
  3.    #3  
    it wont even support EasySync from IBM? Bummer. Thanks for the answer!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am interested in this as well. I am hoping Good Messaging will work in the Classic emulator. I can live with that until they build a WebOS solution. It would be a big mistake if it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jugg10 View Post
    I am interested in this as well. I am hoping Good Messaging will work in the Classic emulator. I can live with that until they build a WebOS solution. It would be a big mistake if it didn't.
    Although this (Goodlink on the Pre...) was front page news a few days/weeks ago, we now have additional (fairly confident...) statements from Good regarding their level of committment for the Pre...

We are working on the support of Palm Pre with Good. It is currently being tested with our software.
    We are actively working with Palm and Sprint with the intetion of adding support for the new webOS platform in 2009.
    and (detailed to boot...)

Hi, from a more technical perspective, we have already tried the emulator, and it does not work. The reasons are many:

a) the emulator is designed for self-contained applications. GMM integrates with many portions of the device.

b) the emulator has limitations and does not return to us via PalmOS api calls information necessary for provisioning and operating GMM (because of a) above).

c) changes to the emulator and to GMM to correct a) and b) above would take as long, and not return as good an experience, as developing a native application from scratch.

I cannot go into further details due to NDA, but suffice to say it has been tried and will not work without extensive changes to the emulator and to PalmOS GMM.
    for more info, here is the forum link on Good.com...

https://www.good.com/begood/thread/3...rt=45&tstart=0

-Jason
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    "the emulator is designed for self-contained applications."

Thats interesting since MotionApps has stated it contains all of the API's needed and that 3rd party email programs should have no problems. I wonder if they are just blowing smoke, but this makes the emulator useless for me. I hope Good speeds up the process.

I think they are just releasing their iPhone solution now, so i don't really feel like waiting 2 years, and i don't think Sprint can afford to with their Business customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jugg10 View Post
    "the emulator is designed for self-contained applications."

Thats interesting since MotionApps has stated it contains all of the API's needed and that 3rd party email programs should have no problems. I wonder if they are just blowing smoke, but this makes the emulator useless for me. I hope Good speeds up the process.

I think they are just releasing their iPhone solution now, so i don't really feel like waiting 2 years, and i don't think Sprint can afford to with their Business customers.
    The real issue with the emulator for GM may be the version of PalmOS it is using. It's older than the version used on the PalmOS Treos and Centros since the 650. The current GM version is probably not compatible with older PalmOS versions.
    Thanks for the info on this. For me, I can't give up my BB until the Pre has much better corporate email support. That seems to mean GMM for now. So, come on Good, get er done!