Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Wasn't the Pro (finally) released just a months ago? At Palm.com's shop, not only can you buy the GSM unlocked version already, but apparently it's been marked down $150!

This is still $200 more than the under contract price but I'd go for that if I could! (I live in Europe, but wouldn't mind having it NOW.)

Does anyone know how long after a carrier release one can expect a GSM-unlocked version?

I know the Pre is on exclusivity to Sprint which is a CDMA, but I know the GSM version exists!!! Why can't they just sell 'em?
    Because they have a contract for exclusive release for the first 6-12 months with Sprint (for the US anyway).
    The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been available for much longer than the Sprint version. It launched last year. There is no contract price available in the US because the Treo Pro is not offered by either GSM carrier here.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Does the $100 rebate mean the "real" price for an later GSM unlocked will be not $550 as previously calculated, but $650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Does the $100 rebate mean the "real" price for an later GSM unlocked will be not $550 as previously calculated, but $650?
    Actually, I heard it might be $500 (more on that later).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Actually, I heard it might be $500 (more on that later).
    Ooh please spill the beans now! Since most of today's announcement was confirmation of the most predominant rumors (except for the rebate thing), any news on an non-subsidized and/or GSM unlocked phone would be just the thing I need right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Ooh please spill the beans now! Since most of today's announcement was confirmation of the most predominant rumors (except for the rebate thing), any news on an non-subsidized and/or GSM unlocked phone would be just the thing I need right now.
    There is no news on an unlocked GSM Pre currently.