Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
  1. #21  
    So you say. The only happy Sprint customers I have EVER met, are online. No one in real life. Coverage sucks, cust. service sucks, or used to if it's improved...which is why many millions of customers are leaving. Yes, the Pre might slow the loss, but Sprint is no AT&T or VZW. I agree that their pricing is the best, but note that that just confirms that they're not the market leaders. Quality gets a better price. Low price is what you use to try and hold business when you can't give the best service.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That appiles to the US only right? Because they need to get that international GSM Pre out way before 2 years!
    Not sure since he quickly cut off all conversation about this topic when I caught him. My opinion based on what I've read and know is that an international GSM version of the Pre isn't going to cut too much into Sprint's sales and may be a bargaining chip for having a longer domestic exclusivity.

    Also keep in mind we've been hearing a lot of rumors about Canada having a Pre very soon I would think the news about 2-year exclusivity wont disrupt those agreements which would be good news for international GSM hopes.

    UPDATE
    Here's some good news for you:
    Palm Pre UK partner already chosen? (perhaps Vodafone or Orange)? | Palm webOS Blog
    Last edited by deesugar; 05/19/2009 at 04:05 PM.
  3. #23  
    If it is a 2 Year agreement would only be for the Pre and in the US. People AT&T have the Palm Eos coming out at the end of the year on WebOS, Plam will have a whole family of devices.

    AT&T was not Market leader - they bought Cingular Wirless and they got exscluive on the iPhone to make them a power house.
  4. #24  
    It is NOT a 2 yr agreement!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    It is NOT a 2 yr agreement!
    Do you work for Sprint?
  6. #26  
    There was a thread yesterday about European monopolization laws. France and Belgium were mentioned, but I am sure other European countries follow it. Although Palm can setup a main distributor for the Pre, an unlocked version also has to be available to prevent the monopolization of a product by one company.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Do you work for Sprint?
    No, I am closer to the other company involved in the Pre. :-)
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    No, I am closer to the other company involved in the Pre. :-)
    So you think it's 6 months?

    Do you work on the tech side or executive side of the "other company involved in the Pre"? Because it's difficult for people on this forum to believe anything from a user who just joined a day ago and on his 3rd post exclaims using caps he knows something confidential. I'm also assuming that this is information obtained recently? The information from my source came from a meeting with Hesse last week.

    My source could still be wrong due to many factors but sometimes there is more then one correct answer. Like the original release date for the Pre was supposed to be this month but they changed it to June. Although some people claimed my source was wrong for a June release date. But in fact we were both technically right since they were both internal release dates, the June date was just the newly updated date.
    Last edited by deesugar; 05/19/2009 at 05:20 PM.
  9. #29  
    If it is 2 years it's probably just going to be for the Pre/Pre2.

    I would hope that Palm becomes the next RIM in terms of devices on all of the major US carriers and sales.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So you think it's 6 months?

    Do work on the tech side or executive side of the "other company involved in the Pre"? Because it's difficult for people on this forum to believe anything from a user who just joined a day ago and on his 3rd post exclaims using caps he knows something confidential. I'm also assuming that this is information obtained recently?
    See this page: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - June 7 it is?

    I am new to this forum, but not to the other. You'll notice etherealremnant also quoting 6 months for the exclusive period. I find that actually short for a "superphone", but completely reasonable given Sprint's 3rd tier status. No one is going to give Sprint a 2 year exclusive no matter how much they pay you for it, not that Sprint has a ton of cash available either.

    Sprint should be doing everything it can to push Pre's during this window of exclusivity. Towards the end I predict you'll see discounts and more plan flexibility.
  11. #31  
    Exactly! Thanks, Mike, for confirming that there are still some smart people around.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    See this page: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - June 7 it is?

    I am new to this forum, but not to the other. You'll notice etherealremnant also quoting 6 months for the exclusive period.
    So I guess I'm confused if you are saying it must be 6 months because it's posted on another forum or if you have some personal knowledge, which you haven't elaborated on yet?
  13. #33  
    Geez, why can't you just let it go? If he's legit, he can't say so. If he's not, we'll know soon enough. Patience.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Take it for what's it's worth, a contact inside of Sprint told me they had a 2-year exclusivity agreement for the Pre. I was not able to get any other information about this from him.
    i doubt it. my guess is after 1-1-10 you have vzw and att on board.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    So you say. The only happy Sprint customers I have EVER met, are online. No one in real life. Coverage sucks, cust. service sucks, or used to if it's improved...which is why many millions of customers are leaving. Yes, the Pre might slow the loss, but Sprint is no AT&T or VZW. I agree that their pricing is the best, but note that that just confirms that they're not the market leaders. Quality gets a better price. Low price is what you use to try and hold business when you can't give the best service.
    Exact opposite opinon I have.

    I also happen to live in NYC and not the boonies.


    AT&T is garbage here.
  16.    #36  
    I guess my source was right:
    http://www.precentral.net/sprint-ceo...length-unknown

    I hope the other stuff he said isn't true because man, you guys are not gonna like it!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I guess my source was right:
    http://www.precentral.net/sprint-ceo...length-unknown

    I hope the other stuff he said isn't true because man, you guys are not gonna like it!
    What's the other stuff?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I guess my source was right:
    http://www.precentral.net/sprint-ceo...length-unknown

    I hope the other stuff he said isn't true because man, you guys are not gonna like it!
    I assure you it's not. He's trying to mitigate the damage from a short exclusivity period. It goes through the end of 2009, which is why technically it's not 6 months. It would have been 7 months if it launched in May as the original plan called for.
  19. #39  
    If Palm was smart they wouldn't get locked down for 2 years unless they're getting fed a lot of money to stay exclusive with Sprint.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  20. #40  
    palm will make up from not selling to at&t and verizon by selling it overseas. let verizon stay in bed with rimm and at&t with apple. Didnt palm offer the treo pro to verizon and at&t and they both declined it, now all of sudden they wanna talk business again when The worlds sees the pre. They thought palm was dead now they want in. In my book loyalty wins.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions