1.    #1  
    so the wal-mart by my house is open 24hr does that mean i could get the pre at midnight??
    Is it just me, but Wal-Mart is the last place I would go to buy the Pre.
    I was surprised that it's going to be available at select Walmart, BestBuy, and Radio Shack stores on June 6th.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Is there any way to find out which Wal-Marts are 24 hour? Maybe I could go over to Seacaucus...
  5.    #5  
    who cares where u get it its the same product .... but then i can get it earlier any ideas if it is possible??
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    so the wal-mart by my house is open 24hr does that mean i could get the pre at midnight??
    With the popularity of this phone, the Sprint stores may be open at midnight.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    who cares where u get it its the same product .... but then i can get it earlier any ideas if it is possible??
    I was just saying its not the first place that I think of when buying a new smartphone. Now maybe if they lowered the price in Wal-Mart it would be different.
    The only thing you are going to find is frustration as you try and argue with the stock person to find the tote with the Pre's that are supposed to be released today but probably won't make it on the shelf for a few days.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    At my local 24Hr wal-mart, the electronics department closes at about 10 or 11.
  10.    #10  
    i hope a sprint store or anywhere sells it at midnight the earlier the better i say
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I think in most of the 24 hr stores if not all the cellular portion closes at 10 or 11pm at the latest. I am not sure how early they re-open though.

Another thought about Wally World (aka Wal Mart)...they price match almost anyone that has an ad. Best Buy does not do the rebates on the phones. The after rebate price is the price they sell if for before taxes. I learned this with the Instinct last summer. I wonder if Wally World will price match the phone at $199 before or without the rebate?
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I was just saying its not the first place that I think of when buying a new smartphone. Now maybe if they lowered the price in Wal-Mart it would be different.
    its will probably by 199.97 after all the rebates b4 tax ...

over the next weeks we should start seeing Sprint presence in which ever Wally Worlds will carry the Pre....
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    With the popularity of this phone, the Sprint stores may be open at midnight.
    No offense, but of the three people I talked to about this today (2 techies, one non-techie) I got one "cool" (that was my girlfriend who only knows about it because I told her I was getting one for her), one "what?", and one "I read Palm was having serious business trouble. I'll be getting an iPhone". He had never heard of it either.

Unless they get some decent advertising going it's not gonna be a big deal. No generic flashy "Xxtreeme!" stuff. No black-and-white Dan Hesse stuff. No sleepy-time demos like in the Palm.com ads.

They need to elegantly show what it can do in a way that is unique and stands out. They need to show off at least one killer feature. They need to compare prices (maybe in a separate ad campaign).

They are already doing this a little with their "Now Network" ads but I would hope to see more than a bunch of giant phones at a stock car race.

They need to make this a "must-have" device to counter all of the public sentiment against Sprint and Palm as has-beens. In this market, it seems that the bandwagon appeal is very strong. I have heard so many people say they won't switch to Sprint because they are losing customers like crazy. So what if they are? It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Get good devices and the customer loss will stop.
    I work for Walmart. Not all Walmarts have Sprint products. May want to verify with your local Walmart before you start making plans.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Is it just me, but Wal-Mart is the last place I would go to buy the Pre.
    Isn't just you. I share your sentiment.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    i hope a sprint store or anywhere sells it at midnight the earlier the better i say
    There may be one somewhere, but this is from prethinking.com

PreThinking - Your Source for all things Pre - Sprint to Close Early on June 5th in Anticipation of Pre Launch

Basically shows Sprint closing early on the 5th--at 4PM-- & opening early--8AM--on the 6th.

Cheers