1.    #1  
    I got a call from my Sprint contact 7am today and among the things we talked about he told me an interesting required registration process which is stated on the Palm site:

Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account set-up and activation. A data plan is also required. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply.
    Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

He told me if you don't follow this registration process correctly the Pre will not activate and display a message to return it to the store where you purchased it. I forgot to ask if that was permanent or if you could redo the registration process, I'd guess it would let you do it again until you entered everything correctly but I found this information interesting.
    That is pretty ridiculous if true. So if you order online & then don't activate it properly, you have to ship it back & wait even longer? Wow...
    Follow Me On

No. This activation is for the creation of your Palm account, which will be used for the store, updates, backup, and remote wipe purposes. While it's true, that you need to activate this profile in order to use the device, it's not something Sprint-related or that they have to do. In other words, they're saying if you don't feel comfortable making a Palm profile, return the device for a refund.

(Paraphrasing from the InsideSprintNow FAQ page.)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No. This activation is for the creation of your Palm account, which will be used for the store, updates, backup, and remote wipe purposes. While it's true, that you need to activate this profile in order to use the device, it's not something Sprint-related or that they have to do. In other words, they're saying if you don't feel comfortable making a Palm profile, return the device for a refund.

(Paraphrasing from the InsideSprintNow FAQ page.)
    Well that makes sense.