1.    #1  
    I'm wondering when they'll have demo units of the Pre in stores. Do they wait to have demo units in the stores until the phone is actually released or do they have them a week or so ahead of time so people can try them out?

I'm guessing in the case of the Pre, that would be insanity and probably cause a riot, but a guy can hope.

Anyways, could anyone here shed some light on the subject? I ask because I'll be ordering online, but my wife wants to try it out before we decide to buy her one and I'd really like to be able to try it out ahead of time so I can order as soon as possible since I'll have to wait for shipping.

Okay......go!
    I seriously doubt that demo units will show up until they can actually sell a Pre. Knowing the Sprint stores around me, they probably won't even have demo units or a decent display. The most they will probably have is a dummy unit (non-functional).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I seriously doubt that demo units will show up until they can actually sell a Pre. Knowing the Sprint stores around me, they probably won't even have demo units or a decent display. The most they will probably have is a dummy unit (non-functional).
    Booooo.

(But thanks for the info )
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Booooo.

(But thanks for the info )
    Don't mean to be a downer. Just going by past experience with Sprint stores. Of course, I could be totally wrong about their handling of the Pre. Maybe, just maybe, the corporate types rolled down some thunder and told the stores to "treat this baby right".

One can always hope.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Don't mean to be a downer. Just going by past experience with Sprint stores. Of course, I could be totally wrong about their handling of the Pre. Maybe, just maybe, the corporate types rolled down some thunder and told the stores to "treat this baby right".

One can always hope.
    Oh no, you definitely weren't, I appreciate the info (and kind of figured that's how it would work out).

But like you said, who knows? We'll see in about a week.