Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello Pre fans!

I think I will be calling retentions and seeing what offer I can get for a couple of reasons.

1. My plan will be about the same cost but I will lose nights/weekends at 6 pm
    2. I will go from 2000 minutes to 1500 minutes on my plan
    3. I need one for me and one for my wife and I don't want to wait for $200 in rebates.
    4. My company is on AT&T and could get me an Iphone. But I have been with Sprint for 13 years and am out of contract.

I'm hoping for no rebates (they did that 2 years ago for my blackberry), nights and weekends at 6pm and an extra 500 minutes.

I'm not sure what I'll get.

What are you hoping for? What do you think is reasonable? And in a week or two; what were you able to get?
    1. Wouldn't it just be 7PM?
    2. Shame, that.
    3. Best Buy?
    4. I think retentions hears this one about 7,437 times a day. Even if it's true, don't expect that to get you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Hello Pre fans!

I think I will be calling retentions and seeing what offer I can get for a couple of reasons.

1. My plan will be about the same cost but I will lose nights/weekends at 6 pm
    2. I will go from 2000 minutes to 1500 minutes on my plan
    3. I need one for me and one for my wife and I don't want to wait for $200 in rebates.
    4. My company is on AT&T and could get me an Iphone. But I have been with Sprint for 13 years and am out of contract.

I'm hoping for no rebates (they did that 2 years ago for my blackberry), nights and weekends at 6pm and an extra 500 minutes.

I'm not sure what I'll get.

What are you hoping for? What do you think is reasonable? And in a week or two; what were you able to get?
    well a few months ago my wifes phone broke and she wanted the instinct. so i called retentions and got this:
    everything data with 2100 minutes for 3 lines for $112 a month
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    well a few months ago my wifes phone broke and she wanted the instinct. so i called retentions and got this:
    everything data with 2100 minutes for 3 lines for $112 a month
    oooo. That sounds pretty good to me. I wonder if it is better to work on the plan now or wait and work on the plan and Pre's at the same time? They might be less willing to work with me if there is a rush on them due to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    oooo. That sounds pretty good to me. I wonder if it is better to work on the plan now or wait and work on the plan and Pre's at the same time? They might be less willing to work with me if there is a rush on them due to the Pre.
    no you should definitly work now!
    Just out of curiosity, how does one get an Everything Data 2100 when no such plan exists? And for $112/month? That number doesn't even sound right. Even if they gave you the 1500 with a free extra line, it'd be $129.
    they added 200 minutes per line because the 1500 didnt have enough minutes and that is also with my business discount
    People, there is no retentions department anymore in Sprint. They may still refer to it as retentions but internally they got rid of that department. They no longer have the ability to offer better deals then the reps. It saddens me to tell you this because I was hoping to leverage this like I have in the past.
    Honestly, I'd be happy if I can just get Sprint to give me account credit instead of a mail-in rebate if I renew my contract (which I've been out of since September.)

I'd so much rather just pay $200 straight-up than have to deal with the rebate.

As for my plan, I just got Sprint to add pick 5, and I have a 25% discount on the Everything Data 450 plan, so I'm good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    People, there is no retentions department anymore in Sprint. They may still refer to it as retentions but internally they got rid of that department. They no longer have the ability to offer better deals then the reps. It saddens me to tell you this because I was hoping to leverage this like I have in the past.
    no thats not true they recently helped me get a better deal (see earlier post)
    no thats not true they recently helped me get a better deal (see earlier post)
    I believe they gave you a better deal but it's still a deal that any rep in Sprint could give you based on how long you've been a customer and your monthly rate. Not all reps at Sprint know how to offer everyone the best deal so it really has to do with knowledge and experience. I'm telling you this because I was pissed at Sprint about this moving to a new plan to get the Pre after I've been with them for 12 years and felt it was BS. I did eventually talk with an executive with Sprint and he gave me the lowdown about the retentions department. Sprint decommissioned the retentions department and stopped all the awesome deals that they could offer because they're bleeding money right now.

This is good news to everyone else because if you were able to get it then other people who qualify like you should be able to get the same deal.
    o thats a good point
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Sprint decommissioned the retentions department and stopped all the awesome deals that they could offer because they're bleeding money right now.
    Last I checked, Sprint is bleeding money right now because of their continued loss of customers. Maybe cutting those retention positions help streamline things, but Sprint needs to do something to keep people there and if they aren't giving customers reason to stay (ie: letting them keep their unlimited data plans without upgrading to some other plan), or other perks, then they will just continue to loose customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregms View Post
    Last I checked, Sprint is bleeding money right now because of their continued loss of customers. Maybe cutting those retention positions help streamline things, but Sprint needs to do something to keep people there and if they aren't giving customers reason to stay (ie: letting them keep their unlimited data plans without upgrading to some other plan), or other perks, then they will just continue to loose customers.
    You're essentially saying to stop losing customers they should just keep doing what they were doing, which makes no sense. Clearly, their "haggling at a bazaar" plan pricing w/ Retentions and SERO offers of the past have not helped much to staunch the bleeding. Their only areas of growth are Boost Mobile and data ARPU (average revenue per user). So they'd be wise to concentrate on those along with bringing in more hot phones.
    Before the iPhone theses companies really competed with two things, coverage and plans. I think Sprint saw the impact that one really good phone could have on their business and they're treating the Pre like their own iPhone. AT&T made a bigger impact by launching the iPhone then Sprint ever did by whoring out plans with freebies through retentions. It makes sense they'd want to make a special deal with Palm for exclusivity which is now likely 2 years and stop giving out the barn for free.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-2-years.html
    i called up the sprint premier upgrade number since i wasnt supposed to be upgraded til july. she made a notation in my account saying they would upgrade me starting June.
    so does anyone know how this works? Can i go to best buy and get the discount there or is it only at sprint corporate stores?
    i called up the sprint premier upgrade number since i wasnt supposed to be upgraded til july. she made a notation in my account saying they would upgrade me starting June.
    so does anyone know how this works? Can i go to best buy and get the discount there or is it only at sprint corporate stores?
    Good question.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You're essentially saying to stop losing customers they should just keep doing what they were doing, which makes no sense. Clearly, their "haggling at a bazaar" plan pricing w/ Retentions and SERO offers of the past have not helped much to staunch the bleeding. Their only areas of growth are Boost Mobile and data ARPU (average revenue per user). So they'd be wise to concentrate on those along with bringing in more hot phones.
    What will help is to have as many customers as possible. Continue making your current customers happy so they will say good things about Sprint and make the Palm Pre available to as many current customers as possible (even if Sprint doesn't make as much on a certain group of customers) because the more people out there with Pre devices, the better for Sprint and Palm. You can't buy that kind of advertising and marketing because they will be excited Sprint customers instead of bitter customers which hurt you as a company.

It's like if I buy a car from a used car lot and I get money off by haggling. I leave a much happier customer than I would have if there was no wiggle room. Perception is everything!
  19.    #19  
    So if there is no "retentions" department anymore I guess my best bet is to call S|P Upgrades since I am a S|P?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregms View Post
    What will help is to have as many customers as possible. Continue making your current customers happy so they will say good things about Sprint and make the Palm Pre available to as many current customers as possible (even if Sprint doesn't make as much on a certain group of customers) because the more people out there with Pre devices, the better for Sprint and Palm. You can't buy that kind of advertising and marketing because they will be excited Sprint customers instead of bitter customers which hurt you as a company.

It's like if I buy a car from a used car lot and I get money off by haggling. I leave a much happier customer than I would have if there was no wiggle room. Perception is everything!
    And Sprint has a perception not unlike some old used car lot for this very reason.

Time to class up the joint, buddy. I'm fine with $30-40 SERO/F&F users jumping ship and being replaced by $50 Boost ones. More money for Sprint and less whining here and elsewhere. Let's see what deals you find at other carriers that match Sprint's current plans, and then see how serious you are about saving money.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast