1.    #1  
    Certainly I do not need the keyboard open to make a call on the Pre. AND, since taking the Pre off the Touchstone will automatically answer the phone, that means I will be talking on the phone with the keyboard hidden.

So what's the big deal with the curved shape? I mean, I like it, but the more I got to thinking about it the more I thought "wait a minute, when I'm talking, the keyboard will not be out anyway, so that comfortable feeling they talk about kind of confuses me. What am I missing?
    If you like the shape, open it when on a call. I know I will.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    If you like the shape, open it when on a call. I know I will.
    Yeah, but why? The microphone is obviously on the lower portion of the screen area (I would assume), so why open the keyboard? I guess just to make it "feel" better I suppose.
    because to many people it feels more natural and easier to hold with the keys slide out than closed. Its personal preference, not everyone will like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Certainly I do not need the keyboard open to make a call on the Pre. AND, since taking the Pre off the Touchstone will automatically answer the phone, that means I will be talking on the phone with the keyboard hidden.

So what's the big deal with the curved shape? I mean, I like it, but the more I got to thinking about it the more I thought "wait a minute, when I'm talking, the keyboard will not be out anyway, so that comfortable feeling they talk about kind of confuses me. What am I missing?
    You're thinking too much into it. Why not make it curve shaped? So they did. Just a bit more natural, even when typing.
    Yeah its arched more to your view when you are typing. Either that or they didn't want to be called out for copying the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Yeah its arched more to your view when you are typing. Either that or they didn't want to be called out for copying the iPhone.
    Well, I think their goal was to improve on the iPhone and other devices. iPhone in particular is not ergonomic at all. It's a thin, flat slice of glass and plastic. Nice to look at but not as nice in the hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Yeah, but why? The microphone is obviously on the lower portion of the screen area (I would assume), so why open the keyboard? I guess just to make it "feel" better I suppose.
    I think it will feel better open (and so does aero after holding one) and I think that the curve of the keyboard will help shield the microphone from outside noise.