Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I feel let down by Sprint/Palm! I was expecting alot more info about the phone, a new commerical, expected apps that we didn't know about and alot more of anything. Alot of the info has been known on here for awhile other then the price. Sprint we would like lot more info on the Palmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Its not over yet.. I'm still sure there will be some new announcements made that we haven't heard of yet. I know there will be some new apps..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    The day is not over.
    Follow Me On

I have to admit I was expecting more, but just having a release date is good enough for me. Now sprint employees can stop playing dumb, and there's finally a date to look forward to instead of "first half of 2009"
  5.    #5  
    You think that adovocates can now start talking and showing pics of the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The day is not over.
    That's not the point. The point of impact was when the announcement dropped - which was 7AM. That is when everyone's attention was on the device, and both Sprint and Palm's websites should have added new content, along with a couple of finished reviews from sites who had the device and had their review embargoes lifted.

That's how you sustain buzz throughout the day and until release day. This...announcement...just confirms what most people already suspected.
    I think we're going to see the flood gates open and a lot more info out as well as pics and app announcements too.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I think we're going to see the flood gates open and a lot more info out as well as pics and app announcements too.
    Ok! that should have been done this with the announcement. People have been waiting since Jan for more info regarding this phone. They should have had a real review of the phone ready for todays release announcement. I woke early for nothing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's how you sustain buzz throughout the day and until release day. This...announcement...just confirms what most people already suspected.
    You and this board does not equate most people to Sprint. "Most people" does not even know about the Pre let alone when its supposed to come out, so to most people, this is a big news.

I just don't understand this mentality that how one person feels or a group equals the cellphone market and that most people are gadget nerds clamoring for every bit of the cellphone news. Most people don't even get new phones whenever a new model comes out, they wait til their 2 year contract is over and THEN go to stores and shop around.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Ok! that should have been done this with the announcement. People have been waiting since Jan for more info regarding this phone. They should have had a real review of the phone ready for todays release announcement. I woke early for nothing!!!
    I agree, don't get me wrong.... I'm still hoping that there will be some big announcements very soon to help with that.. I hope...

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    No big news? Now we know about the price AND the release date. I thought these were the two biggest questions since January?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    You and this board does not equate most people to Sprint. "Most people" does not even know about the Pre let alone when its supposed to come out, so to most people, this is a big news.
    What does the public know about this phone now other then the price? Nothing!!!
    This should've been the event to kick things off. It wasn't. Palm/Sprint answered the two biggest questions they've had for months with a simple lame wire release.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This should've been the event to kick things off. It wasn't. Palm/Sprint answered the two biggest questions they've had for months with a simple lame wire release.
    Exactly my point. Don't get me wrong I will still get the phone, touchstone, phone holster and screen protector on day one thanks to the Palm Palm hitting the $12.00 mark after buying in at $1.35.
    Um, who do you think is covering this press release from Sprint today? Mostly the very same sites that were already following the phone and boards like this one.

Mainstream sites (e.g. USA Today.com, MSNBC.com) do have a blurb about the Pre release date in their tech section today. But on MSNBC, there's a big article about how iPhone apps can be a lifesaver for when you're traveling with toddlers in the back. That is the feature. The Pre release date is just another link, as it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    What does the public know about this phone now other then the price? Nothing!!!
    No, you're forgetting one big thing, that it exists and its another option!!!
    Is this for real? We all were hoping they'd finally announce the date/price and now that they have you're let down?

Ok then.
    I just don't understand this mentality that how one person feels or a group equals the cellphone market and that most people are gadget nerds clamoring for every bit of the cellphone news. Most people don't even get new phones whenever a new model comes out, they wait til their 2 year contract is over and THEN go to stores and shop around.
    Stop building up strawmen. That wasn't my point at all. Sprint and Palm built up a LOT of buzz and anticipation by being so secretive for so long. It's like inflating a balloon. And it draws people's eyes and attention to what will happen when the balloon "pops", so to speak. A press release over the wires that confirms details that already widely bandied about is a fizzle. It's not a pop. It's even close to one.

Sprint and Palm can't simply wait for contracts to come up and hope somebody will mosey into a Sprint store and maybe take a peek at a Pre. They have to compel people to want one NOW. This is a poor way to do it.
    I just hope sling player is will be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Is this for real? We all were hoping they'd finally announce the date/price and now that they have you're let down?

Ok then.
    Gah...again, that's not the point. Yes, I'm glad they nailed down a price and release date. That's great for ME, the gadget nerd who has followed this phone since inception. But not capitalizing on this announcement with some massive followup is not great for PALM and SPRINT, two companies that need to sustain buzz and reach out to people not already in awe of this device.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast