Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I never wondered about release date and price..can check my prior posts if you want. In fact i thought it pretty silly that this was such DESIRED information because we knew it'd be Juneish and we knew it'd be in the 199 range.

So although i'm fine personally, i thought it simply a wasted opportunity for Sprint/Palm because they had info that many (for some weird reason) really really wanted to know.

It didn't have to be an ad or tv spot, but something "special" to release the much anticipated news. It's all about marketing. They could've done something showy like Apple does revealing unseen apps in a short presentation or whatever. Stuff like this creates buzz. They haven't pushed media at all but could've taken the time to show how easy it will be to manage.

Doesn't matter because they didn't do anything. Just a generic press release that gave away their draw card to any such event that would only showcase both Palm & Sprint.
    PALM/ SPRINT marketing is doing worst job (IMHO).
    I had earlier posted a thread about how many people you met knew about Pre before you talked about it.
    Long story short , only 1 out of the 10 folks I talked knew about it.
    This is plain incompetent marketing.
    APPLE needed little marketing for iPhone because they were a iconic brand thanks to iPod, but PALM , except for old timers , need a SPLASH.

So far , the FAT MIDDLE didn't get the message.
  2.    #62  
    Now there talking about Pre shortage! Is that there marketing strategy scare everyone to believe there is a shortage so everyone can go out and buy one first day!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I don't get why anybody's surprised or dissapointed. The only sensible reason Palm would release the Pre right before WWDC is to drown out the iPhone hype with Pre hype. And if that's the goal, wouldn't making a big marketing splash now take away from that? I'll be surprised if its still quiet right before release but I don't expect much before then.
    Here's a good reason to advertise NOW, they actually want to sell phones on the 6th?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I agree, don't get me wrong.... I'm still hoping that there will be some big announcements very soon to help with that.. I hope...
    Roger has been strangely quiet for months now! Who told him to button his lip?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Here's a good reason to advertise NOW, they actually want to sell phones on the 6th?
    I am fine if they don't sell any so that we can all get one They can advertise after we all get ours .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I agree, don't get me wrong.... I'm still hoping that there will be some big announcements very soon to help with that.. I hope...
    Roger has been strangely quiet for months now! Who told him to button his lip?
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    I feel let down by Sprint/Palm! I was expecting alot more info about the phone, a new commerical, expected apps that we didn't know about and alot more of anything. Alot of the info has been known on here for awhile other then the price. Sprint we would like lot more info on the Palmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    agreed! it was VERY ANTICLIMACTIC!

i'm actually worried for Palm and Sprint now. they needed fireworks to go off and it was like a little sparkler. i heard nothing on any major media (TV, Radio, etc.) about the Pre today.
    Initially Sprint doesn't plan to spend much on advertising because of pent-up demand and Hesse said he even expects supply shortages to develop. "We won't be able to keep up with demand for the device in the early period of time," he said.
    MarketWatch.com Story

Not sure I agree with that, but if they think the initial run will sell out, it might make sense.
    I'm with the let down crowd. I expected more than just a confirmation of basically everything that was already out.

Why not come out and say June 1 for the phone? That would have been something.

And if this highly anticipated 'Announcement' from Palm is such a let down to me, that has carried over to the phone for me. So where I might have been eagerly looking forward to the phone, some of the luster has been taken off. If this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is such a non-event, then the Palm Pre really probably isn't such a big deal.

Palm has effed up so many things before, now, I don't expect different. All of you early adopters will go out, buy up this first batch, and within 30 days, start reporting problems. I know the slider keyboard is iffy and will start to wear, go off line, break.

The screen is plastic, and we know that scratches more than the glass version on the iphone.

The frame will crack like the Pro or the 800w.
    ^ That is what TEP is for!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234