Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I just saying for 2 companies being on there last legs I was expecting alot more then what we got! We already knew the phone was coming out before before June 30th, we already knew the phone would be around the same price as the iphone. Where was the big buzz?
  2.    #22  
    The final Palm video was a let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excoriar View Post
    No big news? Now we know about the price AND the release date. I thought these were the two biggest questions since January?
    I know right??? Everybody was complaining that they wanted to know a release date and that they finally got one now they're complaining that they didn't receive any big news...You can't ever make these people happy..
    Yea I got to give it to you the release date this morning was a great one but I expected something bigger like more info on the phone and what apps it would be coming with straight out the box maybe if adobe would be supported on day one what about visual voice mail that should have been said. Just something more than what they have already given us I mean there are more things that we do not know about the phone that needs to be said. I am still getting the phone but I still expected a big bang containing more info on the phone that they have been so secretive of. But I still have high hopes the day is no where near over so here's to hoping they give us more news through out the day
    Maybe there is no big news! Maybe we already know all about it, and there is not going to be any big surprise. The only think I wan't info on, is the app's but maybe that is the only info left to share with us.
    Everyone thinks they are holding something back, but maybe they already told us all the features, and that is that.
    The internet is never happy.

Tis true.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think some people are being a little too optimistic. There have really been no upside surprises since the intial announcement of the device. Even the Classic emulator is a 3rd party app which will have to be purchased (not included). The Touchstone isn't cheap. The release date is at the later end of what was expected.

People who are expecting something amazing and delightful from Palm over the next few weeks will probably be disappointed. I wonder if the app market or whatever will even be open in three weeks.
    You know, you have to be one of the most negative people on this board.

Not insulting you, but rarely is it like talking good about Palm or the Pre...but more of every mistake you think they are making.

Just an observation.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    I know right??? Everybody was complaining that they wanted to know a release date and that they finally got one now they're complaining that they didn't receive any big news...You can't ever make these people happy..

What ever!!! It like being set up a hot a date and when you see her it's like looking at your mom what a let down.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    You know, you have to be one of the most negative people on this board.

Not insulting you, but rarely is it like talking good about Palm or the Pre...but more of every mistake you think they are making.

Just an observation.
    It's my observation that the annoucement suck!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Maybe there is no big news! Maybe we already know all about it, and there is not going to be any big surprise. The only think I wan't info on, is the app's but maybe that is the only info left to share with us.
    Everyone thinks they are holding something back, but maybe they already told us all the features, and that is that.
    Go watch a movie Pee-Wee!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    For the love of christ. Really?

Some of you people mystify me.

A month back when we had a major news day where new videos were going up and we got to see all kinds of new applications and got to see first hand how well connected the entire workings of WebOS is (with the fandango app connecting to the calender and GPS) along with the Sprint starting to pimp its network we had people going "Well that's all good and fine and all, but its disappointing and not enough. Its not a release date and a price so without that we don't care, they failed".

So now, we this time they release a release date and price and we have people going "Well yeah, its a release date and a price, but where are the commercials and the videos and the new programs".

You all have no one to be disappointed in except for yourself and your ludicrously built up expectations every step of the way on this. For a month all people have been saying is "release and price, release and price" and now we have "release and price" and you go ".....eh, that's not big. We need more or we're disappointed".

I swear, they could GIVE you a freaking Pre today and somehow you'd come up with a way to go "Yeah, I mean, they gave me the Pre for free but I mean, where's my touch stone. They didn't give me one. I'm disappointed".
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    I just saying for 2 companies being on there last legs I was expecting alot more then what we got! We already knew the phone was coming out before before June 30th, we already knew the phone would be around the same price as the iphone. Where was the big buzz?
    Thats funny, because for a month when people were *****ing about not having a release date if you'd go "It'll be out within the first half of the year so expect some time in June" they'd scream at you and go "That's not a release date, I want something definite!".

Now they have something definite and they're going "Well, who cares about that, we knew it was going to come before June 30th".

I swear some of you make me want to put my head through a wall.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Thats funny, because for a month when people were *****ing about not having a release date if you'd go "It'll be out within the first half of the year so expect some time in June" they'd scream at you and go "That's not a release date, I want something definite!".

Now they have something definite and they're going "Well, who cares about that, we knew it was going to come before June 30th".

I swear some of you make me want to put my head through a wall.
    I am intitled to my own opinion! If you want to put you head your head thru a wall I have a brick wall for you.

I'm glad they announce a date and a price but from a marketing stand point they dropped the ball with 2 and halfs weeks to go!
    Wow.. I do all my movie watching at home now thank you very much!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes you're free to have an opinoin. I'm free to have an opinion about your opinion. Yay for freeness of opinion
    I almost started this thread at 7AM this morning. I was one of the ones that did not necessarily care about an exact date - I always assumed it would be late May/early June. I also defended Sprint & Palm for their marketing messages for the past 2-3 months (or lack of) - small leaks here and there and a bunch of Twitter chatter. Cool. When I heard about today's "announcement", I fully expected a full page ad in the WSJ. I went out the door this morning to pick it up in my driveway, carried it in and looked through all 4 sections TWICE looking for anything from Sprint or Palm. Nothing, nada, zero, goose eggs, etc. The press release was online at WSJ. Don't care what happens this afternoon or tomorrow or even next week - I personally feel they needed to at least "splash" a little more this morning as the release date and price was going to be every where by mid-day on the web. Oh well, maybe they really don't know what they are doing.
  17.    #37  
    Yes you're free to have an opinoin. I'm free to have an opinion about your opinion. Yay for freeness of opinion
    As a investor and future Pre phone owner you like people to buy shares of Palm stock so you grow as a company this anouncement as of today did not do it.
  18.    #38  
    Yes you do only if you knew what you was talking about!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I almost started this thread at 7AM this morning. I was one of the ones that did not necessarily care about an exact date - I always assumed it would be late May/early June. I also defended Sprint & Palm for their marketing messages for the past 2-3 months (or lack of) - small leaks here and there and a bunch of Twitter chatter. Cool. When I heard about today's "announcement", I fully expected a full page ad in the WSJ. I went out the door this morning to pick it up in my driveway, carried it in and looked through all 4 sections TWICE looking for anything from Sprint or Palm. Nothing, nada, zero, goose eggs, etc. The press release was online at WSJ. Don't care what happens this afternoon or tomorrow or even next week - I personally feel they needed to at least "splash" a little more this morning as the release date and price was going to be every where by mid-day on the web. Oh well, maybe they really don't know what they are doing.
    That's where I'm at, too.

Zyphlin, I'm not complaining because I am personally disappointed. Again, I knew the date was between June 5-7 already, and the price would only be $20 over/under $199 if not that exact amount. This I knew some weeks back. Not hard to figure out given recent rumors.

I was excited today for SPRINT and PALM to make a big splash to capitalize on this announcement. They failed. And so I am disappointed FOR THEM. I wanna see both companies do well. I think treating The Pre like it's a big deal helps them. But simply making this announcement with a wire written press release makes it seem like it isn't a big deal. It's the very antithesis of all of the secrecy and buildup. That's not good...for them.

I'm buying one regardless, so the only thing that will disappoint me is the device not living up to expectations when it's in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    As a investor and future Pre phone owner you like people to buy shares of Palm stock so you grow as a company this anouncement as of today did not do it.
    Typically when an announcement of this variety is made (i.e. availability), there's a sell-off as investors cash-in. This isn't market disappointment - the only time you should expect a huge rally after an announcement is if that announcement was something huge. Like when the Pre was unveiled.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast