Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Has anyone found anything regarding forthcoming Pre ads? I would imagine they kick off the television blitz today, but I haven't seen any discussion.

Where is my giant facebook page?!
    As I said elsewhere, I am REALLY disappointed in Palm and Sprint for futzing a golden opportunity today.

Not just the lack of TV and print ads, but also a distinct lack of effort in announcing the price and release date. I mean, a wire release? Really?

Sprint.com has no new Pre info. Palm doesn't either. The one "review" that has appeared is non-informative and anti-Sprint.

Who is running this PRPRPR $campaign$?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    aren't there anough ads out there already. I block as many as I can. Boo on ads
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As I said elsewhere, I am REALLY disappointed in Palm and Sprint for futzing a golden opportunity today.

Not just the lack of TV and print ads, but also a distinct lack of effort in announcing the price and release date. I mean, a wire release? Really?

Sprint.com has no new Pre info. Palm doesn't either. The one "review" that has appeared is non-informative and anti-Sprint.

Who is running this PRPRPR $campaign$?
    Did it ever make it into the Wall Street Journal, or no?
    The better start right now (they should have started weeks ago). Most people still don't know what a Pre is. Who is making these decisions at Palm?
    18 days til release just enough time to start.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
    aren't there anough ads out there already. I block as many as I can. Boo on ads
    I don't think so. There are plenty of Sprint ads, but nothing Pre specific aside from the cameo appearance.

I think they should flood tv and print with Pre specific ads now that the date is out. Considering there are less than three weeks to launch, they need to be aggressive.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    I don't think so. There are plenty of Sprint ads, but nothing Pre specific aside from the cameo appearance.

I think they should flood tv and print with Pre specific ads now that the date is out. Considering there are less than three weeks to launch, they need to be aggressive.
    Why, because you like watching ads instead of what you were trying to see in the first place? I hate ads, the less the better.
    Where are the sprint emails?

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/plm/index_plm2.asp

Enter your information below.
    We'll let you know as soon as the PalmŪ Pre™ is available.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
    Why, because you like watching ads instead of what you were trying to see in the first place? I hate ads, the less the better.
    I get what you're saying. Of course I would prefer television was commercial free; I read Adbusters. I just want the Pre to get the attention it deserves and, unfortunately, that means running a lot of ads. Most people are currently unaware of the Pre, so Sprint has some work to do in getting the word out.

If I have to watch ads (i.e., when I'm not watching DVR), I'd prefer to see Pre ads as opposed to the incessant iPhone ads. That's all I'm saying.
    Dan Hesse just said that there won't be a big ad campaign at first.

Sprint CEO: Sees Pre Shortages For A While
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post

Wow . . . that makes absolutely no sense. Even if supply is low, hype the device and sell out your stock. I don't understand this approach at all.
    While I can understand him not wanting to overstimulate demand (especially if you don't have supply to meet it), it seems senseless to me not to bring the phone (and its popularity) to the attention of mainstream customers anyway.

That is the third - and most important link - in Sprint's image rehab. Without it, the first two - we have the best value plans and we have the Now Network - seem like wasted money. People won't care to switch to Sprint without the devices. Now you get one, and you're hiding because it's in demand?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post

That makes absolutely no sense. You have what appears to be a fabulous product so you're NOT going to let people know about it?! If you polled 100 people I'm guessing 90-95 would have no idea what the Pre is. They need to let people know about this product now.

Even if the stock of Pres will be thin at release, Sprint should let everyone know about it and sell out what they have. How is not telling the public about your great new product a marketing plan?

I guess if Hesse wants the Pre to be the G1 (in terms of sales) he should keep on doing exactly what he has done to date.