That wasn't a review. Just a lot of whining about Sprint and Everything plans.

But it does sound like noone really can do a decent review til Palm turns the app store and anything else needed ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That wasn't a review. Just a lot of whining about Sprint and Everything plans.

But it does sound like noone really can do a decent review til Palm turns the app store and anything else needed ON.
    Indeed, that definitely wasn't a REAL review, nor a FULL review. I call bluff on that one. It sounds like an opinion piece based on information gathered from all the "hands-on" video reviews we've been watching since January.

I could have written the exact same thing and I haven't touched the Pre.

A full review will have information about Synergy and how it works (the profiles), screen captures of the interface (as investigated by the reviewer), sample pictures from the Pre's camera, etc. None of that was in this so-called "review".

I imagine we won't see any REAL reviews until the Pre is released on June 6th.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Chris Price writes like the biggest douchbag in the world.
    that was BS based on info from the web
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    It sounded more personal than anything.
    Chris Price = hatoncat???

lol... that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    It sounded more personal than anything.
    I have never seen a review thats not based on personal opinion.
    Yeah, I love how these sites are all claiming to have reviews, in order to get more traffic, when the article is just impressions from using one for less than an hour, or even worse, just impressions from CES or MWC.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Worst "Review" ever. No mention of call quality, battery life, synergy, etc. Probably just had a 30 minute hands on with the device from a Sprint advocate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Chris Price = hatoncat???

lol... that guy.
    Thats him!

You must be an old school Sprint user. I remember his first site, I used to go there to find Sprint phone numbers back in the day.
    I've never trusted anything reported by that site. The news they've posted on the Pre has always been late or completely unconfirmed by anyone else.
    He was just crying about losing his SERO Plan.
    Well all his complaints were/are very legitimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Indeed, that definitely wasn't a REAL review, nor a FULL review. I call bluff on that one. It sounds like an opinion piece based on information gathered from all the "hands-on" video reviews we've been watching since January.

I could have written the exact same thing and I haven't touched the Pre.
    Really? Care to comment on the Facebook App functionality for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Really? Care to comment on the Facebook App functionality for me?
    If PhoneNews had said anything meaningful, you wouldn't have to ask me, would you? That's the point I was making. I could tell you all about the Facebook app (if I wanted to pull stuff out of my ****). Anyone can speak in vague context about limited functionality. Tell us what needs to be done to link the Facebook profile through Synergy or what happens to the data on your Pre that you linked when someone deletes information from Facebook. That would be useful infomation and the kind of info that would be included in a full review.

I'm not going to argue over the quality of the "review". Before saying that a review is a first full review (as PhoneNews claims), be sure that the information qualifies as such, or put in a disclaimer if there is an NDA or some other reason that a true full review's information can't be disclosed. Otherwise, I consider the article to be just like all the other psuedo reviews: Glorified headline (to attract readers) and weak content.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    If PhoneNews had said anything meaningful, you wouldn't have to ask me, would you? That's the point I was making. I could tell you all about the Facebook app (if I wanted to pull stuff out of my ****). Anyone can speak in vague context about limited functionality. Tell us what needs to be done to link the Facebook profile through Synergy or what happens to the data on your Pre that you linked when someone deletes information from Facebook. That would be useful infomation and the kind of info that would be included in a full review.
    Not being able to send facebook messages from the Pre app would be a significant and puzzling limitiation IMHO. I though synergy was supposed to include seamless messaging across multiple systems.