Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 649
  1. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    Yipppeeee! i just talked to sprint through the premier upgrade program since i wasnt eligible to upgrade to july, she immediatly said she could change it since the palm was going to be released in the begining of June. shes now contacting telesales for me so they can reserve me one!!!!!!!!!!
    Interesting. Please post your outcome, as I was on the phone with Sprint this morning (I'm a Premier customer), and the most I got was that the telesales rep would call me on 6/6 to place an order.

    I was also told by one rep that I would need to upgrade my $10 unlimited data and $8 unlimited text to the unlimited pro plan (can't remember exact name) for an additional $12 a month ($30 total for data/text). A second rep told me I would have to switch to the everything plan.

    I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Sprint for close to a year, nice to see that their customer service is improving
  2. #142  
    Why do people think lower level retail workers know the ins and outs of their company?

    Ask a manager if anything.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Why do people think lower level retail workers know the ins and outs of their company?

    Ask a manager if anything.
    Exactly. Not only that but most of them just dont even care to learn the ins and outs.


    If you go through life relying on front line retail workers to provide you with your information you will go through life grossly uninformed.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Exactly. Not only that but most of them just dont even care to learn the ins and outs.


    If you go through life relying on front line retail workers to provide you with your information you will go through life grossly uninformed.


    I think you're missing the point that I was trying to get at. I know the employees are usually clueless, and I don't expect anything less, but you would think with a phone launch like this, Sprint would at least their own employees know. This is more of a jab at sprint than the actual employees. Sure it would be nice if they had the drive like us to seek out info on the pre, but I feel that if Sprint wants this launch to be as successful as possible, the employees should be more informed.
  5. #145  
    I asked about a waiting list at my local Sprint store and was told they dont do that.

    Its first come, first served.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    Interesting. Please post your outcome, as I was on the phone with Sprint this morning (I'm a Premier customer), and the most I got was that the telesales rep would call me on 6/6 to place an order.

    I was also told by one rep that I would need to upgrade my $10 unlimited data and $8 unlimited text to the unlimited pro plan (can't remember exact name) for an additional $12 a month ($30 total for data/text). A second rep told me I would have to switch to the everything plan.

    I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Sprint for close to a year, nice to see that their customer service is improving
    she said to call back later because nobody there even knew the release date yet. i had to tell it to the premier upgrade lady too and she was surprised.

    she did give me the notation though. does anyone know anything about this. like with the notation can i get it at best buy or radio shack? also if i go to a corporate store will i have any trouble?
    thanks
  7. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #147  
    Is the $100 rebate after my $150 Premier discount?
  8. #148  
    Don't expect any Sprint stores to honor waiting lists
  9. tarpon6's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #149  
    I called Tellesales through the Premier Upgrade number and was promised that they would call me as soon as it's available. They said I would be among the first to purchase the phone.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwas View Post
    Don't expect any Sprint stores to honor waiting lists
    Very true. I say just line up. It's a Saturday after all. Most people are off.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  11. #151  
    Sprint customer service is still unaware. I called and they told me that it hasn't been announced yet, 1st half of 2009, sign up to be notified.
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Very true. I say just line up. It's a Saturday after all. Most people are off.

    I'm scared of this too, so I think I'll call my sprint store the day before just to make sure everything is good (because they'll definitely have the shipments in by then). If not lining up isn't a big deal for me because I'll do anything for the phone.

    I also called our biggest corporate store here in Columbus, Ohio (not the one I'm on the wait list on) to see if they were doing a wait list and they said they havne't discussed it yet and to call back later. They were also unaware that the release date was announced.
  13. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Is the $100 rebate after my $150 Premier discount?
    To answer my own question: I spoke to Sprint telesales (who were quite knowledgeable and helpful) after calling through the Premier number. I was told that $199.99 is the lowest price I will get on the phone.

    I hate rebates. I think the last time I tried to get a rebate from Sprint, it took me nearly 3 months to get my money back.
    Last edited by Xyg; 05/19/2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION LOLOL
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    I'm no prophet, although some might think of me as one. But please no more flattery!

    I do know a thing or 2 about supply chain. For those of you that MUST have a Pre on June 6th is to go to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart will either have supply equal to local surrounding Sprint stores or even more. And I say this with out doubt, because it's Wal-Mart.

    The difference is, no one knows Wal-Mart will carry it on first day, no one as in non of the average consumers, so they will all flock to Sprint stores to kill inventroy there.

    Take my advice and you will get a Pre on June 6th.
    This isn't a Jesus phone, there will be plenty to go around. If you're telling people to go to WM, at least be accurate and announce its only at select WMs, not all. A prophet would've seen that one.
  15. #155  
    I'll be going here:

    Palm - Google Maps

    I hope they have enough too.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  16. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    To answer my own question: I spoke to Sprint telesales (who were quite knowledgeable and helpful) after calling through the Premier number. I was told that $199.99 is the lowest price I will get on the phone.

    I hate rebates. I think the last time I tried to get a rebate from Sprint, it took me nearly 3 months to get my money back.
    This so frustrating, as I was told today by Sprint telesales that I would have to submit the mail-in rebate, so the phone would be $299 after my $150 upgrade credit ($199 after the mail-in rebate).
  17. #157  
    I've only been in a few walmarts that carry sprint. None around me do.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I think it's hilarious that people are relying on these "waiting lists". Unless the Sprint rep is willing to risk his/her job, trust me, these lists will be useless on launch date -they are not sanctioned by Sprint and the regional managers have been pretty clear that lists as forbidden.

    My opinion, best bet is telesales/online (I don't want to waste my Saturday dealing with lines and driving around town looking for the Pre, as much as I want one).
    I agree, I was told over the phone that they dont do waiting lists.
  19. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    This so frustrating, as I was told today by Sprint telesales that I would have to submit the mail-in rebate, so the phone would be $299 after my $150 upgrade credit ($199 after the mail-in rebate).
    From my conversation with Telesales today, your $150 upgrade credit isnt applied - just the $100 mail in rebate.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    As usual, Sprint is not even ready for this on their own site -the "Meet the Pre" page has no new info, still says "Tell me when it's out"!
    Go figure, right? And I haven't yet recieved an email announcement from them after filling out the "tell me when it's out" form a few weeks ago. But the announcement from Palm just arrived in my inbox.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions