Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Ya!
    The Pre gets released on my birth-day!
    Too bad its going to arrive much later here to Israel...
    Hate to tell you but I'm on the phone right now & guess what ? The Pre is coming out Today!!!
    Today is the 19th!
    So you better get on the phone & confirm, if you only knew how many hours I've spent on the phone w/ Sprint
    you had to post 3 times for 3 sentences?

and you're just ordering today? I'm playing with mine already!
    Ok, any word on full price, guys? As in people who aren't new customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    As usual, Sprint is not even ready for this on their own site -the "Meet the Pre" page has no new info, still says "Tell me when it's out"!
    When I hit their site this morning, the banner had the release date. I suspect that they haven't cleaned up all of the various banners yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Ok, any word on full price, guys? As in people who aren't new customers?
    Don't know about the full price, but I imagine that if you're a current customer and willing to extend your contract you can get the "new customer" price.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I just called my local sprint store in which I'm on the wait list for the Pre because I just wanted to confirm my name on the list. The employees there weren't even aware of the June 6th release date, I guess I broke the news to them.

Do you guys think they're playing dumb, or is spring/palm really keeping all their employees so uninformed for one of the biggest phones in sprint history?
    The latter. Guaranteed.
    this is a quote from Sprint's Twitter page:
    "The Pre requires an Everything Data plan - SERO plans will need upgrade to Everything Plus plan or other Everything Data (450/900/S.E.)."
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I just called my local sprint store in which I'm on the wait list for the Pre because I just wanted to confirm my name on the list. The employees there weren't even aware of the June 6th release date, I guess I broke the news to them.

Do you guys think they're playing dumb, or is spring/palm really keeping all their employees so uninformed for one of the biggest phones in sprint history?
    Sprint employees are idoits! Not all of them but alot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawhoops View Post
    this is a quote from Sprint's Twitter page:
    "The Pre requires an Everything Data plan - SERO plans will need upgrade to Everything Plus plan or other Everything Data (450/900/S.E.)."
    This directly contradicts the press release. Who to believe.....
    What Sprint should have done is offered an incentive to customers buying accessories. Something like, 'buy the Pre and the touchstone plus bluetooth or case and we give you an instant rebate.'

My reasoning is in this economy even though you get the money back it's difficult for people to pay:

$299+tax: Phone
    $69+tax: Touchstone
    $29+tax: Case
    And then whatever else

That adds up to almost $400. Many people might decide to hold off on the other items. If they gave you an instant rebate upon purchase of those things Sprint would still be getting the $300 at point of sale, but they'd be moving more merchandise and wouldn't be obligated to pay the customer in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    What Sprint should have done is offered an incentive to customers buying accessories. Something like, 'buy the Pre and the touchstone plus bluetooth or case and we give you an instant rebate.'

My reasoning is in this economy even though you get the money back it's difficult for people to pay:

$299+tax: Phone
    $69+tax: Touchstone
    $29+tax: Case
    And then whatever else

That adds up to almost $400. Many people might decide to hold off on the other items. If they gave you an instant rebate upon purchase of those things Sprint would still be getting the $300 at point of sale, but they'd be moving more merchandise and wouldn't be obligated to pay the customer in a few months.
    The people that care enough are the people that will be smart enough to go to Best Buy and get discounts on accessories and an instant rebate anyway.
    I think it's hilarious that people are relying on these "waiting lists". Unless the Sprint rep is willing to risk his/her job, trust me, these lists will be useless on launch date -they are not sanctioned by Sprint and the regional managers have been pretty clear that lists as forbidden.

My opinion, best bet is telesales/online (I don't want to waste my Saturday dealing with lines and driving around town looking for the Pre, as much as I want one).
    im wondering about Walmart. I wonder if they will be cheaper or the same price as BB.
    Yipppeeee! i just talked to sprint through the premier upgrade program since i wasnt eligible to upgrade to july, she immediatly said she could change it since the palm was going to be released in the begining of June. shes now contacting telesales for me so they can reserve me one!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I've been on my $16.99 3rd party retailer plan with the $20 data plan for ages now. I'll be bumping up to Everything Data most likely with the 450 minutes. It'll be a drop in anytime minutse for me (750 to 450) but an increase in nights and weekends (750 to unlimited). I'll also now have unlimited text instead of 50 texts per month. Will be an increase in cost but frankly I find the Pre well worth it and I'm willing to pay more, especially considering even with Everything Data being more expensive then what I'm lucky enough to be paying now its its still a good deal cheaper than the "average" cell phone deal on another company.

Pre here I come.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I guess they all somehow missed reading about it in the Wall Street Journal before they drove in to their $8.50/hour jobs.
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast