Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Since I'm out of contract, and eligible for the $150 off, I'll pay $150 out the door, then $50 after rebates, right?
    Also, since I'm on SERO, I'll have to move to the ERP, so I'll have to order with Telesales, right?
    I can't believe it's almost here.
    The $299 out the door price is the upgrade/new line price, that already includes your "$150 off."
    what about visual voice mail? I cannot believe that did not release more details along with the launch date! also, what about eh app store at launch? come on Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Totally agree
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Totally agree
    For fun, I went to the Sprint Pre/NowNetwork page (Welcome to the Now Network.) and typed in "Palm Pre" and "iPhone" in the "Internet Buzz Now" widget...results are sad, but expected based on Palm's and Sprint's media "blitz" this morning.
    So now that we have an official launch date, CAN WE PLEASE GET DEMO UNITS IN ALL STORES *ON DISPLAY PLEASE* !!! Sorry .....

People have to be able to get to know the Pre hands on for themselves.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    I bet apple saw all of our rumors about the WSJ - and decided to smack us in the face with that one.

Also - I'd like to point out we should all take a crap on BGR (boy genious report) for INSISTING that something was coming out in the WSJ about the Pre - his date for the announcement was right now - but way to go with misleading us - maybe he works for Apple and wanted us all drooling-Pre-fanatics to see a huge ad about the iPhone.
    There IS something on WSJ, it is just online. But I was expecting a big one page ad. I have been a defender of Sprint and Palm so far on the marketing - but I really expected something of a splash today, it it is nothing more than Palm's webpage and a press release. Sprint's site is down - and their "Meet the Pre" page was unchanged about 15 minutes ago. Unchanged? WUWT?
    Finally!!!

Bye Bye BB Storm!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    The $299 out the door price is the upgrade/new line price, that already includes your "$150 off."
    So, after rebates, I'm paying $199?
    What is the point of having the $150 off for renewing if it doesn't mean anything?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    this happens every time when a new phone comes out, it did with the Instinct, also. You get $150 off RETAIL - you are not going to get better than what a new customer gets, unless you go thru retentions. $199 is a competitive price, if you want it cheaper, wait, it will get cheaper.
    Use of select unlimited data bundle plans will be required.
    Guess this means no SERO...
    Last edited by CJDynasty; 05/19/2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Mis-type
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    There IS something on WSJ, it is just online. But I was expecting a big one page ad. I have been a defender of Sprint and Palm so far on the marketing - but I really expected something of a splash today, it it is nothing more than Palm's webpage and a press release. Sprint's site is down - and their "Meet the Pre" page was unchanged about 15 minutes ago. Unchanged? WUWT?
    From the WSJ.com

By KERRY E. GRACE
    Sprint Nextel Corp. said Tuesday the eagerly awaited Palm Inc. Pre smartphone would be available nationwide June 6.

The announcement comes as analysts and investors were waiting to see whether Palm would be able to meet its own deadline for the release of the smartphone, which is seen as a competitor to Apple Inc.'s iPhone. The company had said it would have the phone on the market by the end of June.

The phone will cost $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate. Collins Stewart analyst Ashok Kumar said earlier this month the Pre could be a huge flop if Sprint wasn't able to match or price below the $199 tag on the iPhone.

Sprint said Tuesday the phone would be sold at Best Buy Co., RadioShack Corp. and some Wal-Mart Stores Inc. stores. It will also be available through Sprint's Web site.

Wall Street has estimated sales of about 6 million Pre units in 2010, although Mr. Kumar said in a note earlier this month he thinks that number is unrealistic based on Sprint's current subscriber base.

Sprint is hoping the phone will help it pick up some of the iPhone's market share and, in doing so, reverse its trend of subscriber losses. The company has lost more than 6 million subscribers in the last six quarters.
    In case supplies really are limited, what is my best option for making sure that I get a phone?

1. Stand in line at Sprint
    2. Stand in line at Best Buy
    3. Order it over the phone via Sprint and have it shipped
    4. Buy it online

Is there some way to pre-order it?

I know this has been discussed before, maybe it needs its own thread.
    Last edited by Sprockethead; 05/19/2009 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Guess this means no SERO...
    I saw that on Palm's site. But Sprint's press release replaces that sentence with:
    Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended; additional data charges may apply.
    I'm going to wait to hear if anyone is successful in keeping SERO before I buy the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    So, after rebates, I'm paying $199?
    What is the point of having the $150 off for renewing if it doesn't mean anything?
    It means a hell of a lot.

To understand the Pre's pricing, go look at the Touch Diamond or the Treo Pro on Sprint's site.

For new customers, the price is $199, after $100 mail-in rebate. Sound familiar?

They both sport "instant rebates" of $250, bring the total non-contract price to $549. This is eerily familiar to what we all predicted the Pre to cost without a contract.

Do the math and you'll find that your $150 discount will knock the price down to $399 followed by a mail-in rebate to knock in to $299. This is precisely the price I had to pay when I purchased my Mogul last year.

Now, some people on these forums seem to be able to convince telesales/retentions to offer a new phone at the new customer price, but I'm not exactly sure on how that works-- The $150 discount for upgrading is clearly insufficient to the "$250 instant discount" Sprint's top phones get to lure new customers.

Thoughts?
    woohooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    In case supplies really are limited, what is my best option for making sure that I get a phone?

1. Stand in line at Sprint
    2. Stand in line at Best Buy
    3. Order it over the phone via Sprint and have it shipped
    4. Buy it online

Is there some way to pre-order it?

I know this has been discussed before, maybe it needs its own thread.
    "Supposedly", if you are a Sprint Premier customer, you will be able to pre-order. This has been said in other threads when forum members have talked to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I'm going to wait to hear if anyone is successful in keeping SERO before I buy the Pre.
    This makes 2 of us. I'm tempted to just switch over to the ERP and buy it online on opening day, but I'll really hate myself if I find out it works with SERO afterwards. I'm going to do the intelligent thing and not buy on opening day. This means that I need to have no access to my car (drive to sprint store), my cell phone (call telesales), or the internet (order online) for the entire weekend of June 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I saw that on Palm's site. But Sprint's press release replaces that sentence with:

You do realize just because someone is successful, doesn't mean you'd be. If you want to know the answer, try to purchase it and keep SERO.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    This makes 2 of us. I'm tempted to just switch over to the ERP and buy it online on opening day, but I'll really hate myself if I find out it works with SERO afterwards. I'm going to do the intelligent thing and not buy on opening day. This means that I need to have no access to my car (drive to sprint store), my cell phone (call telesales), or the internet (order online) for the entire weekend of June 6th.
    Add a third. Im going to sweat it out and see if it will be possible under SERO. If not, I will not be buying, sadly...
    Ok question. can you get the $199 price if you do not have any rebates with sprint as of now. Purchased a Touch Pro in October . my year isnt up until next october BUT if I sign a new 2 year agreemetn will I also get the $199 upgrade price??

Thanks!
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast