Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlscott View Post
    Just received my confirmation to the Launch Party across from the Sprint Center in Kansas City. See below:

Registration Confirmation

You have successfully registered for the Sprint Palm Pre Launch Event in Kansas City that will be held on Friday, June 5, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. - Midnight.

SprintStudio
    161 East 14th Street
    Kansas City, MO 64106

Please Print a copy of this confirmation email and bring it with you to the event.

Should you have questions or need any additional information, please contact XXX XXX, Event Manager, at

See you on June 5!!!
    When did you RSVP? I RSVPed the same day and haven't heard back (for the Dallas one).
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    I rsvp'd the day the invite came out. Got the confirmation today....lucky I checked the spam filter or might have missed it.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Didn't think that this deserved its own thread....yet. Sprint my lose the MIR for an instant rebate. Just rumor right now.

Sprint Might Be Doing Away With The Mail-In Rebate for Palm Pre | Palm Goon
    Last edited by dtokarz; 05/28/2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Just noticed that there IS a thread on this. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlscott View Post
    Just received my confirmation to the Launch Party across from the Sprint Center in Kansas City. See below
    Congrats you lucky *******!

Just to clarify, this is for Premier status only, right?
    Whoa Nelly! Of the many useless threads out there (D7 demo guy's hand?? WTF was that thread for?) this news certainly deserves its own thread AND front page status.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Didn't think that this deserved its own thread....yet. Sprint my lose the MIR for an instant rebate. Just rumor right now.

Sprint Might Be Doing Away With The Mail-In Rebate for Palm Pre | Palm Goon
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I talked to a Sprint friend today and the launch party seems to be in flux. They were expecting some clarity by Sunday.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    When did you RSVP? I RSVPed the same day and haven't heard back (for the Dallas one).
    yeah for the dallas (technically plano) party i got my confirmation email on monday the 25th...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monaco1931 View Post
    yeah for the dallas (technically plano) party i got my confirmation email on monday the 25th...
    Now I am worried. I haven't heard back at all but I did the RSVP the same day (I think within a few hours) of when I got the email.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Now I am worried. I haven't heard back at all but I did the RSVP the same day (I think within a few hours) of when I got the email.
    heres the email - came from the address that said please email her if theres any questions at the end of the registration process (i would email her if you hadnt received this yet to double check to get your reregistration):

Dear **********,

You have successfully registered for the Sprint Palm Pre Launch Event in Dallas that will be held on Friday, June 5, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. - Midnight.

Sprint Store
    Plano, TX *************

Please Print a copy of this confirmation email and bring it with you to the event.

Should you have questions or need any additional information, please contact *******.

See you on June 5!!!

For your reference, key event information follows:

Add to Outlook Add to Outlook
    Event Name: Palm Pre Launch Event - Dallas
    Event Date: Friday 06/05/2009
    Dallas
    NY, United States
    Your Itinerary:
    Dallas

Friday June 5, 2009
    6:00 PM - 11:55 PM Sprint Palm Pre Launch Event
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    heres the email - came from the address that said please email her if theres any questions at the end of the registration process (i would email her if you hadnt received this yet to double check to get your reregistration):

Dear **********,

You have successfully registered for the Sprint Palm Pre Launch Event in Dallas that will be held on Friday, June 5, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. - Midnight.

Sprint Store
    Plano, TX *************

Should you have questions or need any additional information, please contact *******.

See you on June 5!!!

Dallas
    NY, United States
    Your Itinerary:
    Dallas

Friday June 5, 2009
    I emailed her and she emailed right back that she was checking it and then sent me the confirmation!
  11. faz

Dear **********,

Sprint Store
    Plano, TX *************

See you on June 5!!!

Dallas
    NY, United States
    Your Itinerary:
    Dallas

Friday June 5, 2009

Hi - I live in Dallas & I am also a Sprint Premier Customer but I have not receive any Invitation can you please fwd me what ever invite you got from Sprint and I will try to Register it too through that Link and might able to get it what ever newsletter invite you have receive if you fwd me that I might able to work around with it . I will really really appreciate that

my email is faisalali [at] gmail.com

thanks
    Faisal
    After I received my confirmation to the June 5 Launch Party across from the Sprint Center in Kansas City, I sent a return email to the event coordinator asking how many Pre units I could buy and take home on June 5. I have six (6) personal lines on two Sprint accounts. I received a reply email stating that I could buy up to five (5) Pre units, which by coincidence (or is it?) is the number of lines I have on my largest personal account. That one account is probably why I am considered by Sprint to be a Premier customer, and probably why I got invited to the launch event in the first place.
    i just stopped by the Sprint store on LaSalle in Chicago and the first gal i spoke with was clueless - then a mgr came over and when asked about the party had this grin but said he didn't know 'anything'. we chatted for a bit and while denying he knew anything finally said if i didn't get an email by now i wasn't going to!
    I emailed her and she emailed right back that she was checking it and then sent me the confirmation!
    SWEET! glad to hear that somewhere in this whole thing theres some good customer service going on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    Hi - I live in Dallas & I am also a Sprint Premier Customer but I have not receive any Invitation can you please fwd me what ever invite you got from Sprint and I will try to Register it too through that Link and might able to get it what ever newsletter invite you have receive if you fwd me that I might able to work around with it . I will really really appreciate that

my email is faisalali [at] gmail.com

thanks
    Faisal

As much as I would want to send that to you heres why that wont work for two reasons:

1)its based off the email address they sent it to... if you attempt to logon and register with the email address they did not use to contact it wont let you... you have to be in their system of people they notified to do so. I learned this from trying other email address since I had multiple email addresses registered in to "learn when the pre is available" (but really i think these invites went out to the email sprint has on file for you - not anything to do with whether you signed up or not to learn about the pre)

2)i went back to try to relogon 2 days after i registered b.c i was wondering when I would get my confirmation email and by doing so it said thank you but this event has been filled if you signed up for teh wait list you will be notified if a spot opened up. So 48 hours after the went out all the spots to the party were taking already... sorry..
  16. faz
    As much as I would want to send that to you heres why that wont work for two reasons:

1)its based off the email address they sent it to... if you attempt to logon and register with the email address they did not use to contact it wont let you... you have to be in their system of people they notified to do so. I learned this from trying other email address since I had multiple email addresses registered in to "learn when the pre is available" (but really i think these invites went out to the email sprint has on file for you - not anything to do with whether you signed up or not to learn about the pre)

2)i went back to try to relogon 2 days after i registered b.c i was wondering when I would get my confirmation email and by doing so it said thank you but this event has been filled if you signed up for teh wait list you will be notified if a spot opened up. So 48 hours after the went out all the spots to the party were taking already... sorry..

Still Can you send me just wana give a Shot may b something I can with that email ... let me know please.

thanks
    F
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Anybody notice that the Pre launches on the 65th aniversary of D-Day.

Interesting uh?
    Should be the day when Pre begins to free Smartphone Land from boredom.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I've been planning to get up way early on June 6 to drive 45 minutes to my closest Sprint corporate store because I thought only corporate stores would be selling the Pre that day.
    But for laughs, I decided to call the intown third party Sprint store (the ones that are listed on the Sprint store finder as Sprint store by xxxxx, as in relation to just Sprint store for the corporates) and ask if they were getting the Pres.
    Well, I'm laughing, because the woman told me they would be selling the Pre on June 6. I asked her when they were opening, she said 8 a.m.
    Wow!
    I may be able to save some sleep, gas and time if this is true.
    I'm going to stop by on Monday and get more info.
    Anyone else know of non-corporate Sprint stores that say they are selling the Pre on June 6?
    I've heard that McDonald's will be selling Pre if you buy a 12 pack of double cheeseburgers.