Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    did this require a whole brand new friggin thread??? could you not have put it under one of the other 25 related june 5 rumor threads?
    I think so, if it had been added to one of the longer threads I never would have seen it. After a certain point I stop reading them a they probably have nothing new to say and most likely have veered off to something unrelated.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint Press Release
    First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    This still annoys me if they cancel. Another broken Sprint promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    I think so, if it had been added to one of the longer threads I never would have seen it. After a certain point I stop reading them a they probably have nothing new to say and most likely have veered off to something unrelated.
    As it has done numerous times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    did this require a whole brand new friggin thread??? could you not have put it under one of the other 25 related june 5 rumor threads?
    Primarily because most of those threads are either way too long or fall off into completely irrelevant and off-topic discussions. Speaking of which...

This has nothing to do with the launch parties, those are obviously still going on. This has everything to do with corporate stores that aren't having launch parties but were going to have 6 PM - midnight sales. I'm still going to show up, but it sounds like this really has been canceled because of people like us who broke news about it way before we were supposed to find out. Honestly, I can't blame them.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    This still annoys me if they cancel. Another broken Sprint promise.
    What Sprint says "kinda" looks like a promise, but when you use the words, "such as", it does seem just like an example. I guess its really wording in their benefit!
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Primarily because most of those threads are either way too long or fall off into completely irrelevant and off-topic discussions. Speaking of which...

This has nothing to do with the launch parties, those are obviously still going on. This has everything to do with corporate stores that aren't having launch parties but were going to have 6 PM - midnight sales. I'm still going to show up, but it sounds like this really has been canceled because of people like us who broke news about it way before we were supposed to find out. Honestly, I can't blame them.
    Really??? You can't blame them? They can't keep their plans under wraps and now we have to get our Premier privileges stripped? I am not one to claim they are "owed" anything, but I've spoken to several stores who told me I could come in Friday night to purchase the Pre in advance because I was a Premier customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    What Sprint says "kinda" looks like a promise, but when you use the words, "such as", it does seem just like an example. I guess its really wording in their benefit!
    You are arguing semantics; we know what they were planning because we found out; it's bad business.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    Its rumored there are 10 cities having parties would anyone know if one of the pre launch parties are in the Washington DC area and where.
    I think I saw signs about the special hours last week at a store in downtown DC--Connecticut Ave near 18th St. This was after the store had closed for the day, though, and I haven't been back that way. As someone who hasn't been on Sprint before, I don't expect to go to a launch party.

I went to a Foleo presentation when it was at central station in DC and they couldn't even get the internet to work on Foleos.
    Sounds like you mean Union Station. (I went both times they had Foleo events there.) And yes, there were Internet (WiFi) issues, though AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $some$ $of$ $that$ $was$ $due$ $to$ $structural$ $issues$ $in$ $the$ $building$. $They$ $ended$ $up$ $using$ $tethered$ $Internet$ $with$ $the$ $available$ $Treos$ $and$ $had$ $limited$ $signal$ $on$ $them$.

That said, I'm sure Jon Rubinstein has emphasized the importance of having this launch go smoothly--probably conferred with Dan Hesse and had him send something down the pike to all the store managers.
    I heard you can phone order them on th 5th. Anybody else hear that?

I really don't want to stand in line on the 6th, but will do it if I have to.
    Is the Pre launching on the 5th or the 6th? Why does everyone keep talking about stores selling to anyone on the 5th? Sprint has said June 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    Is the Pre launching on the 5th or the 6th? Why does everyone keep talking about stores selling to anyone on the 5th? Sprint has said June 6th.
    There were rumors of Sprint stores opening back up at 6pm -12am on the 5th but that is not happening. It is still 8am on the 6th.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    You know, I'm amazed at human nature. I'm not saying this is the way things happened, but think of this:

A company determines they can have a limited availability special release of a product. They figure they can handle, oh say 10 - 20 folks per store. So, they send out information about it. Some of those 20 folks per store posts the information on the internet, so now some stores are looking at the possibility of 200 or more at their store, where they still only have the ability to take care of 20 or so.

Cancellation time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    I think I saw signs about the special hours last week at a store in downtown DC--Connecticut Ave near 18th St. This was after the store had closed for the day, though, and I haven't been back that way. As someone who hasn't been on Sprint before, I don't expect to go to a launch party.

Sounds like you mean Union Station. (I went both times they had Foleo events there.) And yes, there were Internet (WiFi) issues, though AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $some$ $of$ $that$ $was$ $due$ $to$ $structural$ $issues$ $in$ $the$ $building$. $They$ $ended$ $up$ $using$ $tethered$ $Internet$ $with$ $the$ $available$ $Treos$ $and$ $had$ $limited$ $signal$ $on$ $them$.

That said, I'm sure Jon Rubinstein has emphasized the importance of having this launch go smoothly--probably conferred with Dan Hesse and had him send something down the pike to all the store managers.
    As a Sprint Premier customer, you and your guest are exclusively invited to the hottest wireless launch party of the year. At this event you can be among the first to purchase the Pre before it hits the street. Mix and mingle with celebs and enjoy hors d'oeuvres, wine and music while taking your new Palm Pre for a spin on America's most dependable 3G network. Celebrity Appearances will be from 7:00-9:00 PM.

When: Friday, June 5, 2009
    6:00 pm - Midnight

Where: Sprint Retail Store
    1208 18th Street NW
    Washington DC 20036
    (Complimentary valet parking available at store front)
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    As a Sprint Premier customer, you and your guest are exclusively invited to the hottest wireless launch party of the year. At this event you can be among the first to purchase the Pre before it hits the street. Mix and mingle with celebs and enjoy hors d'oeuvres, wine and music while taking your new Palm Pre for a spin on America's most dependable 3G network. Celebrity Appearances will be from 7:00-9:00 PM.

When: Friday, June 5, 2009
    6:00 pm - Midnight

Where: Sprint Retail Store
    1208 18th Street NW
    Washington DC 20036
    (Complimentary valet parking available at store front)

Can I be your guest? haha
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm gonna get mine on the 5th from the husband of an employee of a relative.

We will meet in a dark alley. I will bring a bag of unmarked bills. I will be wearing my tin foil hat, so I will be safe from the mind probers.

It will be filmed for the next sequel to the Bourne adventures - the Bourne Pre Ultimatum

So don't even ask ...
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm gonna get mine on the 5th from the husband of an employee of a relative.

We will meet in a dark alley. I will bring a bag of unmarked bills. I will be wearing my tin foil hat, so I will be safe from the mind probers.

It will be filmed for the next sequel to the Bourne adventures - the Bourne Pre Ultimatum

So don't even ask ...
    I was told a silver briefcase and not a bag...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was told from a Sprint store that Sprint would be sending out an email for the premier customers that had signed up on their website. That I would have to bring that email with me on the 5th between 6pm and 12am. They would have a limited amount of product to sell at that time.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Anybody notice that the Pre launches on the 65th aniversary of D-Day.

Interesting uh?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Anybody notice that the Pre launches on the 65th aniversary of D-Day.

Interesting uh?
    haha, except the launch will be full of joy and happiness. except for the people that didn't get one...
    Just received my confirmation to the Launch Party across from the Sprint Center in Kansas City. See below:

Registration Confirmation

You have successfully registered for the Sprint Palm Pre Launch Event in Kansas City that will be held on Friday, June 5, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. - Midnight.

SprintStudio
    161 East 14th Street
    Kansas City, MO 64106

Please Print a copy of this confirmation email and bring it with you to the event.

Should you have questions or need any additional information, please contact XXX XXX, Event Manager, at

See you on June 5!!!