Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    My local Pre advocate says his store was told yesterday that they will not be selling any Pre's on June 5. Nevertheless, he told me that could change so I should try back. I also will try to buy with telesales on June 5, but I am not holding my breath.

The Sprint store is refusing to make a waiting list. They don't have their Pre inventory yet, but the advocate expects it to be small ... way less than the number of people who've asked to be on a waiting list. The advocate is telling everyone that the only way to get a Pre in June may be to be in the front of the line when the store opens on Saturday. I don't know if that's true, or just a publicity gimmick. But I don't think I'm going to take a chance.
    I am definitely with you on that one Bubba! Play it by ear til the 5th and then if we don't get one on the 5th, we will camp out that night lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Looks Like I'm golden as well...................

10:41:29 AM System System
    Connected to sprint-ap1.cnxchat.com
    10:41:29 AM System System
    Session ID: 6183195
    10:41:34 AM System System
    Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    10:41:39 AM System System
    Hi! Thanks for waiting. Because we take your security and privacy very serious, please be prepared to provide your account PIN or password or security answer.
    10:41:54 AM System System
    Thanks for your patience. We look forward to chatting with you.
    While you wait, did you know you can check usage information or review your account balance at your convenience at sprint.com? It's fast, easy and available 24 hours 7 days a week.
    Curt J has joined this session!
    Connected with Curt J
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Curt J. How may I assist you today?
    10:42:10 AM Customer me
    Hello Curt
    10:42:21 AM Customer me
    I hope you can help me out, my question is kinda odd...
    10:42:27 AM Customer me
    I am a premier customer
    10:42:35 AM Customer me
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    10:42:58 AM Customer me
    I'm looking to upgrade to the pre on the 5th... i've heard all premier customers get to do this... can you verify that
    10:44:20 AM Agent Curt J
    Yes, I'm told that premier customers will be receiving email notifications in regards to purchasing Palm Pres. Pretty giving them first dibs.
    10:44:43 AM Customer me
    sweet...
    10:45:04 AM Customer me
    do you know when these will be going out... .and if so, could you please let me know which email account I have with you guys to be receiving it...
    10:45:15 AM Customer me
    otherwise i could give you "2" that would work best...
    10:46:09 AM Customer me
    also I have one more question when your ready!?
    10:46:45 AM Agent Curt J
    Sure thing, shoot.
    10:47:10 AM Customer me
    first off, can you help me out with the email thing... email@gmail.com and/or email@sprint.blackberry.net
    10:47:26 AM Customer me
    those go directly to my phone...
    10:48:00 AM Customer me
    while your working on that, if you can, since Ill be receiving something in the mail to get it on the 5th... if I give you my location, could you let me know which location would be best....to go to...
    10:48:22 AM Customer me
    because I've called the one that I usually go to and they said no we're not opening late on the 5th to let the premier customers in
    10:48:35 AM Agent Curt J
    Also please provide your ZIP code and mobile number.
    10:48:58 AM Customer me
    xxxxxxxxxx and xxxxx
    10:50:42 AM Customer me
    that was the one on (stapley)
    10:52:00 AM Agent Curt J
    Thank you. Since your already a premier customer you should automatically receive the email updates but I went ahead and signed you up again any ways to be sure that you get them. And yes I will locate the nearest store for you in no time. One moment please.
    10:52:27 AM Customer me
    thanks for the help so far
    10:53:24 AM Customer me
    I just want to make sure all the stores near me will be "opening late" on the 6th for premiers... because the one i usually go to on "stapley dr" said they wont be opening late....
    10:54:55 AM Agent Curt J
    Please provide you full address for reference.
    10:55:14 AM Customer me
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gilbert az
    10:56:05 AM Agent Curt J
    Thank you, One moment please.
    10:58:02 AM Agent Curt J
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hours Mon-Fri 9 AM -8 PM.
    10:58:25 AM Customer me
    ok thats right down the street...
    10:58:31 AM Agent Curt J
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hours same 9 AM- 8 PM.
    10:58:51 AM Agent Curt J
    There's an extra one for you as well.
    10:58:59 AM Customer me
    ya thats the one i usually go to...
    10:59:18 AM Customer me
    can you tell if both of these stores are selling early... or is there a specific one that will be in the email...?!?
    10:59:18 AM Agent Curt J
    Oh I see. then scratch that.
    11:00:01 AM Agent Curt J
    It doesn't say, And I think It's specific in the email and I think also specific to each customer as well.
    11:00:33 AM Customer me
    ok sweetness... thanks for the help, i'm assuming it will be emailed out like the week of... so in 7 days or so..
    11:00:42 AM Agent Curt J

It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved all of your issues today?
    11:01:10 AM Customer me
    haha as long as I get my email and my pre early... ill be a happy camper.. thx for the help
    Type your comments in the box below and click send.
    Send
    You are on a secure connection with a Sprint Chat Agent
    Copy Print Exit
    Scizzy we're getting Preezies on the fifthzyyy LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Scizzy we're getting Preezies on the fifthzyyy LOL
    Hey, now we can take pics of eachother, send them via gtalk...

then upload them to precentral and win the "first with a pre" forum post...

Then I have alllllllllllllll weekend to figure out how to use it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Hey, now we can take pics of eachother, send them via gtalk...

then upload them to precentral and win the "first with a pre" forum post...

Then I have alllllllllllllll weekend to figure out how to use it!!!!
    I hope we all get ours on the 5th. That would be AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    I hope we all get ours on the 5th. That would be AWESOME!
    Ya, so I'm not tired from camping... then I get it and I'm like...........

epic debate....

Go to sleep, Or play...

and Ive already made that choice...
    I just called 3 sprint store and spoke to 2 reps online. 2 sprint stores said they will NOT open early. 1 said they were not sure yet but they dont think they will be able to sell pres on the 5th. ! rep told me ALL sprint store and online/telesals will be taking pre orders for premiere customers on the 5th. the other told me the complete opposite...she said ALL premier customers will have to wait till the 6th just like every1 else. WTF!!!!

who do we believe, they are so Fkin inconsistent!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I just called 3 sprint store and spoke to 2 reps online. 2 sprint stores said they will NOT open early. 1 said they were not sure yet but they dont think they will be able to sell pres on the 5th. ! rep told me ALL sprint store and online/telesals will be taking pre orders for premiere customers on the 5th. the other told me the complete opposite...she said ALL premier customers will have to wait till the 6th just like every1 else. WTF!!!!

That is so lame...

I wonder if they will do telesales early so we get them on the 5th perhaps!?
    I too was just told by my Sprint store that they have canceled the 5th early release, by corporate.

Still will not surprise me if emails go out Thursday night announcing it for invite only.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post

Cmon you are the villain! you're supposed to get it before any of us legally or illegally lol
    I've been doing a lot of research and talking with various people I know, and I'm pretty convinced about this.

The "One Big Thing" that Palm/Sprint was going to do was sales of Pres on the 5th from 6 PM to midnight. This was going to be for everyone who signed up for notifications on the Palm or Sprint website (email in hand), and Premier customers.

However, because news leaked a while ago about this, corporate canceled it. This was something decided high-up in the food chain and not left up to managers of individual stores. I have (sadly) confirmed that this is the case.

Perhaps they're just trying to pull a fast one on us and will actually do it, I still have hope. I for one intend to show up at the store around that time and see what's going on and whether they'll be selling Pres. At this point I really need one since the D-Pad buttons on my HTC Touch Pro ironically stopped working completely this morning. Very frustrating as I cannot start or end calls with those buttons.
    did this require a whole brand new friggin thread??? could you not have put it under one of the other 25 related june 5 rumor threads?
    I heard that from a corporate store on saturday as well. I am going to wait a few days and talk to them again but I was told that friday launch was something that they were planning on doing but it has been cancelled.
    They are lying my friends. Trying to slow down the hype for launch
    There is no spoon
    Until you get the email you won't know. If it doesn't come by Friday then you know to go line up if you want a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Until you get the email you won't know. If it doesn't come by Friday then you know to go line up if you want a phone.
    This!!!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    What happens to those of us that already received an email? I doubt they are going to turn people away at the door that have received and printed the email invitation without having problems.
    I can't even get Sprint Chat on this holiday. Customer service was nice but clueless. She said that the launch date was a Palm date and she was unaware if individual sprint stores were violating it. She was clueless about the Launch Parties, so I was prepared to be disappointed.

She did say demand was crazy and advised being in line at Sprint and on the phone with telesales at the same time. Telesales opens earlier (I'm in CA), but I'm going to try to wait for the store. No camping for me though. She said they sold out of the HTC Touch on day one.
    Forgot to mention that the My.Sprint page for Premees has a premee-specific phone number for upgrades. It forwarded me to the main number today, but hopefully that's only because of the holiday. Will try back tomorrow.
    Launch party and open to registerers and premees is definitely different.

They will hold the launch parties at the specific locations, but I think the registerers are out of luck.

If I were them (I'm not), I'd check the registrations and the premees who've expressed interest. If that number would deplete my reserves, I wouldn't do it. Especially if many of us premees get the phone at $199.

I hope they are not evil bastards such as myself and let us premees in at closing time on the 5th. Hell, we might bump in to the campers and then things will get real interesting.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    They had pre launch parties for the Foleo and look what happened to that. Its rumored there are 10 cities having parties would anyone know if one of the pre launch parties are in the Washington DC area and where. I went to a Foleo presentation when it was at central station in DC and they couldn't even get the internet to work on Foleos.