Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Is that the confirmation of the date or the mushrooms???

FWIW, the store that arguably started all of this on PreCentral and originally told me they would be open until midnight on the 5th to sell the Pre told me today that they have gotten several conflicting emails and NOW they have no idea what their hours are going to be on the 5th or the 6th. Guy kind of threw his hands in the air and rolled his eyes as he said it, obviously they are very confused and getting conflicting instructions.

Having dealt with Sprint for many years in the regulatory area I can say that many in the organization still have the old regulated-monopoly mindset where they control everything from the top down and where you take-what-they-give-you and are grateful for it, and I can see how the way this whole thing of the release of the information about the sales on the 5th before they made any official announcement would really have ticked them off -- and the addition of people from the land of Apple I'm sure only fuels such attitudes.

I do believe that the original plan was to surprise premier customers and, perhaps, those that signed up for notification about getting the Pre before the official date the evening of the 5th. Would have been a nice treat. But Sprint would want (actually from their mindset would NEED) to control that information. I can just see how nuts some of these guys must have gotten when the word leaked out.

Still I would not be surprised if the early sales on the 5th for invited folks does resurface once they have "killed" the rumor to their satisfaction. Always thought that Nixon whitehouse aides would have fit in will with Sprint managment.

But, more importantly, I got a second strong confirmation that they would hold back a Pre for me to pick up when I get back in town on the 11th!!
    Good points. I do work in the telecom field and you are right.
    Why not allow Premier Customers the opportunity to order via telesales several days prior to the 6th, with a guaranteed delivery on the 6th so that they can avoid the lines in the stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I was told they that they were contacted by their regional managers today who told them the rumor is absolutely false about ANY sales on Friday to anyone, period. They said they will open two hours early on Saturday, with only "Premiere" accounts eligible to come in during those two hours to buy. As to pre-launch events on Friday, there will only be ten nationally- at that is from a senior executive at Sprint who told me that- it was not secondhand.
    Told by who? No offense but a couple of days ago you were trying to find answers to sprint questioning sprint forums and now you have a "senior executive." please.
    If you are going to say a sprint rep on a forum those people are much more in the dark than the average person here.
    This was personally confirmed to me by a senior executive of Sprint in Kansas.
    BS total BS.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    You can find out for yourself- go to the public relations group at Sprint in Overland Park and contact any of the senior directors in marketing and publications. I emailed the Director and posed the specific issue to them and got back the very specific answer I was given. I did it this morning because I am considering move all of my company accounts there. This was a senior person who told me- not a flunky.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    BS total BS.
    Go here and contact and find out the right person and go to the trouble I did.

Sprint | Media List
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Sprint | Media List

The link is above.
    Sprint | Media List

The link is above.
    lol, and they gave you an entire confidential briefing on the most complex and changing product launch in Sprint history. sure.

Please dont even try.
    I went to a corporate store today on my lunch break and talked with the ast manager. He said he was told that if you signed up on sprint.com you would get an email you could bring night of the 5th to get a pre early. He said he had not heard anything about it being for premier customers only or that there would be any kind of random drawing for the emails - he even asked two other employees there and they said the same thing.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    lol, and they gave you an entire confidential briefing on the most complex and changing product launch in Sprint history. sure.

Please dont even try.
    It wasn't confidential- the public relations official told me. All you have to do is ask.
    It wasn't confidential- the public relations official told me. All you have to do is ask.
    and you think the in house flacks are high level execs

And of course it is highly confidential and privileged information my friend. It is the most sensitive information Sprint has ever had to maintain in its existence (besides spectrum bid strategy). They'd be fired and fired again and sued by Sprint for just giving out prints plans over the phone. I promise.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am sorry you don't believe me. All I asked were the two simple questions noted earlier-not sme strategy call like you're making it. All I know is what they said. Maybe they lied, maybe it is disinformation or maybe it is true- who knows? I am just relating what I was told. I don't lie. Maybe they did, but I am not so you take it for what is worth. Being a Director of Marketing and Public Relations I would think they would know what not to say.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Aero, I appreciate your skepticism. I will part on what I hope are good terms and just choose to disagree on this one. Best regards. I am too ld to stay up any later.
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    As much as I would love a discounted plan, it does seem fair to me that I know other people are paying roughly the same as I am. I work for what I want, and as much as I love to get added benefits, it is fair for Sprint to have the same plan for everyone (including work discounts and what-not)
    Fair enough, that said there's no reason why everyone shouldn't try and get signed up on EPRP for $60/month Everything with 500 minutes instead of the full $99 or so.

It just makes our upgrade path uncertain, and I know that the reps are going to be confused and or uncertain about what to do initially, and the last thing I want is to lose my number like I did the last time this happened.
    The $99 plan is for unlimited minutes. The EPRP plans are simply $10 less than the standard SE plans.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The $99 plan is for unlimited minutes. The EPRP plans are simply $10 less than the standard SE plans.
    ::shrug:: It's still $10 dollars. I still rarely ever use anywhere near 350 minutes on my TP, much less 500. It's all about unlimited texts and data (14,000+ and nearly 1.2 GB each time).

It's going to be hard to give up tethering though. I don't know, I'm really split on this one. I might brave the launch frenzy, but then again maybe not.
    I was just pointing out there were other options besides the $99 Unlimited SE plan without going the Employee Referral route.

I have zero desire to get involved with the launch frenzy. Mine will show up on my doorstep during the first week. That's fine by me. My time is worth more than sitting and waiting at a store for a phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  18. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well, I went to my local Sprint store & the rep I had spoke to acted as if he knew NOTHING about the Pre's availability & knew nothing about an early release,etc....
    So, I went on over to BestBuy & to my surprise, they were taking reservations & I was the 3RD person to make one! So even if there is a limit to 4 per store, I'm glad I had a chance to reserve mine....June 6th R.I.P. BlackBerry Curve & HELLO PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Telesales: 6-8 Weeks for $100 rebate at Sprint

or

Best Buy: 6-8 Weeks for Palm Pre to be in stock

Inventory can really be the way Palm botches this launch because for many people then if they can't buy a Pre on Jun 6 then they'll buy a new iPhone on June 8.
    If you are referring to the iphone 3.0 , it won't be available june 8th, but rather be "unveiled" with its specs, price and availability...giving Palm a chance to "dominate" the market for a little bit, if the supply can meet demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Mine will show up on my doorstep during the first week. That's fine by me. My time is worth more than sitting and waiting at a store for a phone.
    Same here, but I don't know how you figure on it showing up on your doorstep during the first week. Are you saying you ordered through the shady-looking STS website?

Either way, I'm out of the country for a month, starting June 6th (yeah, amazing timing) so I have to sit this one out.