Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep in CALI (I will not say where) and he confirmed that the conference call they had was for the release date and launch party.
    Sprint WILL NOT be having a launch party for customers accept at select "Flagship" locations (he said Palo Alto, although unsure, for California) on June 5th.
    There will be no lists or holds and as far as he knows, at this point, hours will not be changing.
    He also said he was unsure if the 8am opening was still in effect for June 6th.
    Edit:
    He was also unaware of shipment size for his branch.
    And their branch was not given reasons for the change in plans for June 5th
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep in CALI (I will not say where) and he confirmed that the conference call they had was for the release date and launch party.
    Sprint WILL NOT be having a launch party for customers accept at select "Flagship" locations (he said Palo Alto, although unsure, for California) on June 5th.
    There will be no lists or holds and as far as he knows, at this point, hours will not be changing.
    "Launch Party with Horse Divers" is different than "Premier Customers Come and Get it Early".

maybe -

Early Buy Horse Divers Party will be at Flagships Only - June 5 6pm
    Premier Come and Get it Early at All Stores - June 5 6pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "Launch Party with Horse Divers" is different than "Premier Customers Come and Get it Early".

maybe -

Early Buy Horse Divers Party will be at Flagships Only - June 5 6pm
    Premier Come and Get it Early at All Stores - June 5 6pm
    One can hope. This was just information given. That there will be no sales for the Pre until the 6th
    Quote Originally Posted by fdezarra View Post
    ...Everything was looking good when she mentioned being able to download X-box games????? Huh?
    Yeah, right there, she lost all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    If you read the insidesprintnow.com website, this seems like correct info.. She/he stated that online/telesales would be available the Thursday before launch so you could have it overnight before the weekend.. This is the route I am going to take.
    I took a quick glance at that blog and couldn't find this info. Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I note that the recently leaked internal documents say there will be:

Sprint Retail Launch Events -6/5 (PM)
    -10 Flagship Stores
    -Premier Customers/Business Customers
    -VIP Event/Celebrity Presence/Invitation Only

So at least as of the time of this document, our information seems correct that stores would be open on the 5th for Premier and Invited Customers. Now the question is if they have REALLY changed that (I doubt it) or if they are just trying to stop the uncontrolled spread of the info (my opinion)
    Nope. That is a page heading and section on "Events" So that is the criteria for the 10 event stores. It is no less likely from that document that sales at other stores will commence on July 5 after 6 pm

Also the same document says Busines pre-order for business will commence next week, ie in a few days from now
    One can hope. This was just information given. That there will be no sales for the Pre until the 6th
    And the information in writing is that pre orders will commence next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    And the information in writing is that pre orders will commence next week.
    Isn't it pre-orders for businesses?
    UPDATE:
    I bet a nickel this turns out incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I bet a nickel this turns out incorrect.
    I want it to be incorrect. The information I was given wasn't something I wanted to hear, but as far as my rep was concerned, he was giving me the information for what he knew.
    If he's lying, he's lying. In the end, it won't stop me from showing up on the 6th (or sooner if it's incorrect) to get myself a Pre
    I want it to be incorrect. The information I was given wasn't something I wanted to hear, but as far as my rep was concerned, he was giving me the information for what he knew.
    If he's lying, he's lying. In the end, it won't stop me from showing up on the 6th (or sooner if it's incorrect) to get myself a Pre
    who cares about a party at a flagship? as long as there is early buys at all stores.
    I just got off the phone with the assistant manager of my local CORPORATE sprint store, and of course she said yeah, they won't be doing june 5th releasing at all

I did ask about a wait list, and they said they wouldn't be doing on persay, They did say that the emails that sprint premier customers are getting if printed and brought in will be like a priority list they day of the the release.

She also mentioned that if you don't get one in your e-mail, they're also sending them snail-mail. So look for those
    I love lolcats
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    who cares about a party at a flagship? as long as there is early buys at all stores.
    I wouldn't mind the early buys either, but like he said, there wouldn't be anything available until the 6th
    Reference the Instinct's release...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I was told they that they were contacted by their regional managers today who told them the rumor is absolutely false about ANY sales on Friday to anyone, period. They said they will open two hours early on Saturday, with only "Premiere" accounts eligible to come in during those two hours to buy. As to pre-launch events on Friday, there will only be ten nationally- at that is from a senior executive at Sprint who told me that- it was not secondhand.
    i dont believe any sprint retail employees know what's going on for sure yet. sprint treats them like mushrooms - and maybe rightfully so.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    This was personally confirmed to me by a senior executive of Sprint in Kansas.
    As much as I would love a discounted plan, it does seem fair to me that I know other people are paying roughly the same as I am. I work for what I want, and as much as I love to get added benefits, it is fair for Sprint to have the same plan for everyone (including work discounts and what-not)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    This was personally confirmed to me by a senior executive of Sprint in Kansas.
    Is that the confirmation of the date or the mushrooms???

FWIW, the store that arguably started all of this on PreCentral and originally told me they would be open until midnight on the 5th to sell the Pre told me today that they have gotten several conflicting emails and NOW they have no idea what their hours are going to be on the 5th or the 6th. Guy kind of threw his hands in the air and rolled his eyes as he said it, obviously they are very confused and getting conflicting instructions.

Having dealt with Sprint for many years in the regulatory area I can say that many in the organization still have the old regulated-monopoly mindset where they control everything from the top down and where you take-what-they-give-you and are grateful for it, and I can see how the way this whole thing of the release of the information about the sales on the 5th before they made any official announcement would really have ticked them off -- and the addition of people from the land of Apple I'm sure only fuels such attitudes.

I do believe that the original plan was to surprise premier customers and, perhaps, those that signed up for notification about getting the Pre before the official date the evening of the 5th. Would have been a nice treat. But Sprint would want (actually from their mindset would NEED) to control that information. I can just see how nuts some of these guys must have gotten when the word leaked out.

Still I would not be surprised if the early sales on the 5th for invited folks does resurface once they have "killed" the rumor to their satisfaction. Always thought that Nixon whitehouse aides would have fit in will with Sprint managment.

But, more importantly, I got a second strong confirmation that they would hold back a Pre for me to pick up when I get back in town on the 11th!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I don't know what to think about all this speculation about early releases, pre shortages, etc.

The way everyone is talking is that all the premier customers come first, and with supposed shortages, people having pre's held for them, there's not going to be any left on the 6th

I just can't imagine sprint turning down new customers coming in on the 6th to sign up because of the pre.