Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Don't forget the second any email goes out about being able to buy the Pre on the 5th it will be posted on every blog and tech site. So it would defeat the purpose of a semi secrete early launch to help with lines on the 6th if everyone knew they could go the 5th and 6pm.

So don't expect to hear anything until we get very close.
    Lets hope this isn't true....

I'm not sure if it is because I'm so hyped about this phone, or what... but all of this back and forth non-sense is driving me nuts.

Why not just say, its going to be released on the 5th after hours to premiere customers with the invite email...

Then again on the 6th to the general public. Our inventory levels will be able to accommodate this...blah blah....

That would make plenty of people happy, and I'm sure they would sell just enough.

I know a lot of people, in my area, that if they cannot get the pre on launch day, they are going to iphone or vzw for the storm...

I'm waiting for the pre, and am confident Ill get one on the 5-6th.. but still, what a way to plan this out... geez!
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Lets hope this isn't true....

I'm not sure if it is because I'm so hyped about this phone, or what... but all of this back and forth non-sense is driving me nuts.

Why not just say, its going to be released on the 5th after hours to premiere customers with the invite email...

Then again on the 6th to the general public. Our inventory levels will be able to accommodate this...blah blah....

That would make plenty of people happy, and I'm sure they would sell just enough.

I know a lot of people, in my area, that if they cannot get the pre on launch day, they are going to iphone or vzw for the storm...

I'm waiting for the pre, and am confident Ill get one on the 5-6th.. but still, what a way to plan this out... geez!
    This is all things people are digging up. It's not like Sprint announced the 5th, then cancelled it, then announced it. Apparently, they were laying down the groundwork, people discovered it and now Sprint is trying to cover it up again. This would make sense if the "sign up" notifications are really to "tell me when it's out" and it would go with Sprint's "now" marketing campaign to email people on the 5th and say it's out "NOW!" That may be a surprise Sprint wanted to keep, and it's all over the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon;1613184[B
    ]Don't forget the second any email goes out about being able to buy the Pre on the 5th it will be posted on every blog and tech site. [/B] So it would defeat the purpose of a semi secrete early launch to help with lines on the 6th if everyone knew they could go the 5th and 6pm.

So don't expect to hear anything until we get very close.
    Didn't they do this with the Instinct anyway?

Also, if the email has a barcode then it would prevent the spreading to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    This is all things people are digging up. It's not like Sprint announced the 5th, then cancelled it, then announced it. Apparently, they were laying down the groundwork, people discovered it and now Sprint is trying to cover it up again. This would make sense if the "sign up" notifications are really to "tell me when it's out" and it would go with Sprint's "now" marketing campaign to email people on the 5th and say it's out "NOW!" That may be a surprise Sprint wanted to keep, and it's all over the net.
    One can only hope.

My biggest fear is I wont get the email. You know how some are getting it and some haven't... I'm assuming the one saying come early on the 5th.

I haven't received anything from sprint/palm via email with the exception of the release date and price email.

MUST HAVE PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some people probably won't get the email. Get ready for that possibility because it is a real one.

Also get ready to not get the Pre on launch day because that is a real possibility.

It is a phone, not your wife or kids life so no reason for people to be so caught up into a phone that will be obsolete in 6 months. I want it, you want it but in the end it is a phone and if I don't' get it at launch it will be shortly after.

There is a very strong chance that many members here will NOT get the Pre at release. Start preparing for reality and take your prosaic / double your dosage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Some people probably won't get the email. Get ready for that possibility because it is a real one.

Also get ready to not get the Pre on launch day because that is a real possibility.

It is a phone, not your wife or kids life so no reason for people to be so caught up into a phone that will be obsolete in 6 months. I want it, you want it but in the end it is a phone and if I don't' get it at launch it will be shortly after.

There is a very strong chance that many members here will NOT get the Pre at release. Start preparing for reality and take your prosaic / double your dosage.
    suicidal thoughts...

haha I've been guaranteed one on hold...

Just the wait is killing me... damn christmas even as a child...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    It is a phone, not your wife or kids life so no reason for people to be so caught up into a phone that will be obsolete in 6 months.
    Please, don't be so daft. It's completely natural for people to be genuinely excited about something they've been waiting since at least 5 months (give or take).

haha I've been guaranteed one on hold...
    Sure you have... We ALL have.
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    I am still going on Friday night to listen to Dan Hesse talk about the Pre and to purchase my new phone. From what I have heard nothing has changed. I live in KC and have many friends that work at Sprint on the corporate level as well as in the sales force.
    I tend to think nothing at all has changed.

What we are seeing is atoning down of the information.

My own prediction is that the select stores doing events will still be doing an invitation only event. This will include a guaranteed Pre and perhaps raffle of accessory or two.

I think they will send an email to all other premier customers who registered at sprint/pre inviting them to buy on the evening of 5th via telesales or a visit to the other sprint store. I bet dollars to donuts that is first come first serve since they were unable to enforce early invites for the Instinct either. I think there is a strong possibility they will sell out completely on the evening of the fifth.

I think any information to the contrary is coming from people contacting sprint about failure to get a special invite to a launch party, and is damage control, but represents zero change in actual plans
    I note that the recently leaked internal documents say there will be:

Sprint Retail Launch Events -6/5 (PM)
    -10 Flagship Stores
    -Premier Customers/Business Customers
    -VIP Event/Celebrity Presence/Invitation Only

So at least as of the time of this document, our information seems correct that stores would be open on the 5th for Premier and Invited Customers. Now the question is if they have REALLY changed that (I doubt it) or if they are just trying to stop the uncontrolled spread of the info (my opinion)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    According to the "leaked" internal document only 10 flagship stores around the country will be have the special June 5th event which will include sales of the device. Here's a related story on Engadget:

Palm Pre available at a single store in NYC on launch day? Unlikely.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ok, I am a rookie with Sprint but here goes:

I am currently am on ATT and am planning on switching me and my wife.

A friend currently on Sprint put me in touch with a rep in California. I pressed her and she said she was in charge of retentions but was calling me (She called me) because she heard I was interested in switching.

She said she was going to put me on her 'list' and that come June 4th , she would call me, get my credit card info, and ship them to me overnight. She said that she would waive the activation fees because of some credit union deal that I guess my friend spoke to her about. And, she said she would waive the overnight shipping. I pressed her on these dates and she said she was aware of the official launch on the 6th, some stores selling it on the 5th, and that she was getting them on the 4th to ship overnight for delivery prior to the weekend.

She really sounded like she knew what she was talking about for a while. She told me she had just gotten a few emails about the Pre today with info. I asked her to forward them to me but she said she couldnt. I asked her about video recording and she said she didnt know. She then started reading from the emails and went on about compatabilities and apps to download. Everything was looking good when she mentioned being able to download X-box games????? Huh? I told her that was impossible and that she better not be talking about the Treo Pro or any other phone ()!! She assured me she was reading from the email on the Pre.

In any case, aside from that, she really seemed like she knew what she was talking about. She said next week, the reps were going to enter 'real' training so she would have a lot more information.

Something worth noting is that she said that "something like 98%" of people calling about the Pre are current Sprint customers. She also acknowledged she might be biased given that she only deals with current customers when I pointed that out. When I asked about numbers for people switching, she wasnt sure.

Well, if she is right, I will have a Pre on June 5th, delivered. How about that? Anyone else hear the same?
    They might put in the order on June 4th, but odds are it won't ship until 6/5 and you'd receive it 6/6.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    *Sigh*.... Just brace yourself for disappointment on the 5th....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    If you read the insidesprintnow.com website, this seems like correct info.. She/he stated that online/telesales would be available the Thursday before launch so you could have it overnight before the weekend.. This is the route I am going to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    If you read the insidesprintnow.com website, this seems like correct info.. She/he stated that online/telesales would be available the Thursday before launch so you could have it overnight before the weekend.. This is the route I am going to take.
    this would be good if i could order it Thurs and have it overnighted to me to have Fri morning. then i'll walk right over to the sprint store and jam it so far up the retail employees @$$es.
    I just called a sprint store in my local area, Arizona. The one on Stapley isn't open on the 5th, and the one on Mcclintock and southern, isn't either. Spoke to both advocates.

They said they just got a corporate email sent out that they are cancelling the whole pre-sale on the 5th.
    You all have had better luck then me, I called a SF store and after asking to speak to the advocate for the store someone took the phone from the girl speaking to me and yelled at me, "You cannot call up this store and ask to speak to advocates!" (later found out his name was Washani sp?). This guy got so mad he said he was going to put his manager on the phone with me, but after waiting 5min he put the girl back on the phone. Totally miffed I asked to speak to the manager, he first denied that there was such a thing as "Advocates" and then played a game of which advocate I was looking for? Before I could finish saying "Pre" he interrupted with, "We can't say anything about the Pre, you need to go to the website!" I told him I already know everything about the Pre, it's very public now and I was only trying to find out his store hours on the 5th. He claimed to have normal hours on that day and confirmed it's store policy to not allow customers to talk to advocates.

The manager's name is Daniel and this is the store:
    Yerba Buena
    843 Mission St. F
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    (415) 371-1334
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yep. There is no Saturday delivery for Sprint (she told me) so she said it would go out on Thursday. She told me I needed to be available by phone on the 4th before 1pm pacific time otherwise it would be too late!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdezarra View Post
    Yep. There is no Saturday delivery for Sprint (she told me) so she said it would go out on Thursday. She told me I needed to be available by phone on the 4th before 1pm pacific time otherwise it would be too late!
    hmmmmn.....that means order before 4pm EST to get overnighted? sounds like not a whole lot of margin for error. and you know Murphy's Law will be in full effect for this CLUSTERLAUNCH.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdezarra View Post
    There is no Saturday delivery for Sprint (she told me)....
    Um you have a very uniformed sprint CSR there. IN any case business customers pre-order starting next week according to the latest documents. So there will be preorders two weeks before sales start for some people