Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 649
  1. #441  
    this sucks
  2. #442  
    Whatever was going to happen is canceled now? Crazy.
  3. #443  
    Perhaps their inventory is low and fear a lack of phones on tbe 6th.
  4. #444  
    every store in my area...on the locator...special hours have been magically erased. i think theyre still gonna do something on the 5th but they weren't planning for word to get out this quickly...they dont realize how stealthy and ninja-like we are!
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    every store in my area...on the locator...special hours have been magically erased. i think theyre still gonna do something on the 5th but they weren't planning for word to get out this quickly...they dont realize how stealthy and ninja-like we are!
    This is a fair assumption.
  6. #446  
    Just spoke with a retail manager at Sprint Corporate near me. He said they were still going to close early and reopen for a launch party.
    But he also said that his manager was going to be on a conference call that started at 1PST.
    He said he'd let me know what happened if I call him at 3 PST.
    So we'll see
  7. #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    they dont realize how stealthy and ninja-like we are!
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    Just spoke with a retail manager at Sprint Corporate near me. He said they were still going to close early and reopen for a launch party.
    But he also said that his manager was going to be on a conference call that started at 1PST.
    He said he'd let me know what happened if I call him at 3 PST.
    So we'll see
    PLEASE UPDATE US "stealthy and ninja-like" FOLKS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
  8. jkaczy's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #448  
    I thought this was going to happen. It is always a few that screw it up for all of us. If they kept it quite than maybe we could have gotten them on the night of the 5th. I'm sure that there are Palm & Sprint people who are monitoring these types of sites for reactions and feedback.
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    I thought this was going to happen. It is always a few that screw it up for all of us. If they kept it quite than maybe we could have gotten them on the night of the 5th. I'm sure that there are Palm & Sprint people who are monitoring these types of sites for reactions and feedback.
    Gimme a break, no one is to blame for screwing a June 5th release up for everyone else. The world is hot for this phone and any information about it spreads like wildfire.
  10. #450  
    My guess is they all got the memo from hell saying to shut up about the parties and selling early.

    I also guess that it will all still hold true but you will NEED a printout showing the preregister for you to buy the phone.

    JUST LIKE THE INSTINCT.

    What they don't want is general confusion and pissed off people getting turned away so showing the store as closed unless you get the email is probably the best way to do it and **** off the least # of people.
  11. #451  
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I want my Pre on the 5th. I CAN'T HOLD OUT MUCH LONGER CAPTAIN!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I want my Pre on the 5th. I CAN'T HOLD OUT MUCH LONGER CAPTAIN!!!
    You know what to do, time for a bathroom break just like in "Something about Mary"
  13. #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    I thought this was going to happen. It is always a few that screw it up for all of us. If they kept it quite than maybe we could have gotten them on the night of the 5th. I'm sure that there are Palm & Sprint people who are monitoring these types of sites for reactions and feedback.
    You're kidding right? You really think Sprint, a national company decided to cancel the pre sale because they actively monitor a few measely threads made by a few members?
  14. #454  
    my guess is that PREMIER customers will be getting a "buy early on June 5" email invite in the next week or so. some select PREMIER customers have also already been invited (due to luck and proximity) to one of the few Launch Parties in the store in their major city - and it includes the "buy early on June 5" AND the cocktails/horse divers and D-Listers.

    Sprint was probably getting too many calls and emails from every Tom, ****, and Harry (many of which are here) so they decided to pull the special store hour listings for now and will repost them as we get closer to the date. SO, if you are PREMIER, watch your inbox over the next week or so. if you are not Premier, just buy the damn thing on June 6 at 8am. i have a feeling there will be plenty available for everyone that morning. as i said earlier, i bet for every 10,000 "buy early" emails they send out to Premier customers, only 1 customer will actually come in early on June 5 evening and actually buy a Pre.

    best wishes and good luck to all!
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    You're kidding right? You really think Sprint, a national company decided to cancel the pre sale because they actively monitor a few measely threads made by a few members?
    I don't know about them canceling, but one can't deny the legitimate information these forums receive
    *cough* freedom fighter *cough*
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    PLEASE UPDATE US "stealthy and ninja-like" FOLKS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
    Will do, us ninjas have to work together.
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    What they don't want is general confusion and pissed off people getting turned away so showing the store as closed unless you get the email is probably the best way to do it and **** off the least # of people.
    I think that is it exactly. Just take a look at the PreDevCamp thread to see what kind of vitriol a company can run into from just a few pissed off people. With the kind of attention that launch parties were getting here, it was getting to the point where Sprint stores would have to hire bouncers to guard the entrance of each store.
  18. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #458  
    I talked to a store rep around here this afternoon, and he said that they were doing the June 5th night sales, but to "keep it on the DL" (Notice I'm not saying what store it is - thank you random Sprint guy). I wonder if that was before or after this edict went out from Sprint - either way, I'm both pre-registered and a Premier customer, so I suspect that I'll be able to get my Pre early anyway - still sucks for those that miss out.
  19. #459  
    I am still going on Friday night to listen to Dan Hesse talk about the Pre and to purchase my new phone. From what I have heard nothing has changed. I live in KC and have many friends that work at Sprint on the corporate level as well as in the sales force.
  20. fredc1's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by latinmaxima View Post
    I have to agree with this. Not everyone who is a premier customer will want a PRE. I am sure that they will take everyone who signed up to know about the PRE will get emails to come to the event and perhaps SP customers will only be able to buy or get an additional discount. Hell I would be happy if they said as a premier customer you get an additional 25% off the touchstone charger if you buy it with your phone. I know one thing whether none SP customers get the PRE on the 5th or not I don't care as long as I can get mine with the touchstone charger.
    As a premier customer you do already get a 25% discount on any accessory you buy at a Sprint store...so I would think that includes the touchstone

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions