Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    on sprint website you can check which stores are closing at 4pm on june 5th and reopening at 8am next day
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    on sprint website you can check which stores are closing at 4pm on june 5th and reopening at 8am next day
    Where on the Sprint website did you find that?
    store locator? enter your zip code and it will pop up
    we need to be patient. i bet ALL Premier customers will be seeing special "buy early on June 5" email invites by end of next week. if not, i'm going to be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we need to be patient. i bet ALL Premier customers will be seeing special "buy early on June 5" email invites by end of next week. if not, i'm going to be pissed.
    I agree. Given the rate that Sprint has been hemorrhaging customers and the fact that they can't afford, or are not doing, a lot of Pre advertising, us PreFanatics are a great resource for them. Besides, how may Premier customers who want a Pre on day one can there really be?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I agree. Given the rate that Sprint has been hemorrhaging customers and the fact that they can't afford, or are not doing, a lot of Pre advertising, us PreFanatics are a great resource for them. Besides, how may Premier customers who want a Pre on day one can there really be?
    I have to agree with this. Not everyone who is a premier customer will want a PRE. I am sure that they will take everyone who signed up to know about the PRE will get emails to come to the event and perhaps SP customers will only be able to buy or get an additional discount. Hell I would be happy if they said as a premier customer you get an additional 25% off the touchstone charger if you buy it with your phone. I know one thing whether none SP customers get the PRE on the 5th or not I don't care as long as I can get mine with the touchstone charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    exactly. i bet for every 10,000 emails they send out to Premier customers, they'll get maybe 1 early Pre sale that night on June 5. maybe less.
    and the reason i'm optimistic that the Premier invites are going out is because i've gotten NOTHING yet. if i'd simply gotten "it's here June 6" email, i'd be concerned. but i imagine they'll do one email and it will be "it's here - come and get it early."
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So I have to laugh because your mention of stuffing food reminds me of trading places with Dan Aykroyd. When he was dressed as Santa and stuffing food into his beard.
    I'm expecting the email will go out around May 26-27. That's when the sweepstakes notifies winners, and the announcements so far have paired up (May 18 deadline to enter, announcement of release date on the 19th).
    There are several members of this forum that despise anyone that doesn't pay full price for anything. They look down on you because you aren't an impulse eye level shopper like they are.
    I just called my closest Sprint corporate store and asked about a June 5 "Pre" sale.
    He said, he can't say anything but if I did register, that I might get some info by e-mail as we get closer to that day.
    He said to keep calling and he'll let me know when he can give me info.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has received the coveted email from sprint. I talked to a rep at my local sprint store and she said that they were being strict about the email requirement. I signed up on multiple email accounts and I am hoping the email comes soon.
    Yes the emails went out. everyone who got the invite to the party is going to get a Pre at the "party" stores.
    The other emails will be notification for the June 5 after 6pm sales. you will not need to bring in that email, that will be an open cattle call.

Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    My local sprint store said they are closing at 4pm and reopening at 6 on Friday to sell the Pre's to anyone.
    Exactly what my guy said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Just because we got lucky and took advantage of that killer deal doesn't mean we should be shortchanged or mistreated by Sprint just because this is a high profile launch. Two-year contracts should work both ways, and I got Sprint to sign another two-year contract back with the Touch Pro at a Best Buy.
    You are confusing not getting lucky again with being "shortchanged or mistreated". They are honoring their contract with you, are they not? If they require a different contract for this phone, that is not mistreatment or shortchanging. It just means that they are not giving you the killer deal you got before.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/22/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There are several members of this forum that despise anyone that doesn't pay full price for anything. They look down on you because you aren't an impulse eye level shopper like they are.
    Yeah, we're all just willy nilly crazy shopaholics. My fridge is full of pre-packaged food and my closet is full of designer clothes with the labels still on them.

Seriously man, many of us *are* bargain shoppers and that's why we use Sprint over other carriers who charge another $20-50 per month for the same services. It just gets annoying reading thread after thread about people whinging and complaining because the special deal they had for so long is expiring. I don't "despise" anyone but the sense of entitlement gets old. Sprint is trying to become profitable again and one way to do that is to offer incentives like flagship devices to encourage people to move up to a current plan. Nobody is forcing upgrades. It's a premium you have to pay to be an early adopter.

Not trying to be a **** but it gets really old.
    Best Buy Will Offer the Palm Pre at $200 without Mail-in Rebate Best Buy Will Offer the Palm Pre at $200 without Mail-in Rebate
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
    I just called a sprint store in my local area, Arizona. The one on Stapley isn't open on the 5th, and the one on Mcclintock and southern, isn't either. Spoke to both advocates.

They said they just got a corporate email sent out that they are cancelling the whole pre-sale on the 5th.

So from them, Officially it will be first sold on the 6th, 8am...

Just FYI!

Post if you've heard this or otherwise...

I was able to find stores just a little bit ago on teh sprint store locater that had information about special hours for pre sales. Now they're gone.
  19. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yep mine are gone too.

I just got back from visiting one of the stores that "was" listed on the sprint site as closing early and the manger said they are no longer closing early or staying late Friday.

They can't sell the phone until Sat.

There are only 10 stores that will be doing a pre launch on the 5th now.
    They even had to take down the sign they had put up about closing early.

Sprint.....they are REALLY starting to bug me.
    Had a feeling this was going to happen...