Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The whole Premier thing is nonsense in my opinion.
    it sucks when youve stuck around for a long time and then youre given a label that Sprint doesn't even really care about and they prove that...really sucks
    Sprint is ridiculously stupid.... there are a very tiny number of people who want the pre bad enough to fight for one opening day.... if they could go in, check it out, and get their hands on one...

But this way their gonna lose another 100,000 customers to att before they even get a shot at prospective buyers...

Does anyone think this is all a hoax????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Goes to show you even given a year early upgrade ability people will still manage to complain and want more.

Sprint sure is giving you the shaft (rolls eyes)
    I think I have a right to complain when I'm given a title in which I'm told ill get "perks" and it turns out that no one knows what's going on and I can't even get a straight answer from anyone at sprint...at this point that's all I want. And as for the upgrade...in the past 3 yrs I've bought 4 phones at full retail price yes at my own choice. I've been loyal to sprint for 7 yrs and have 5 lines and pay over 200 a month...I deserve to be given a full upgrade only a year into my contract...I'm premier lol its one of my many perks!
    Phoenix here, didn't get an invite so I emailed eCare and they said it was a random draw...I asked them for an invite and they said they couldn't get me one...so I'm in the process of going up the chain until I find someone who can get it done. I've been a customer for 11+ years.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    I think I have a right to complain when I'm given a title in which I'm told ill get "perks" and it turns out that no one knows what's going on and I can't even get a straight answer from anyone at sprint...at this point that's all I want. And as for the upgrade...in the past 3 yrs I've bought 4 phones at full retail price yes at my own choice. I've been loyal to sprint for 7 yrs and have 5 lines and pay over 200 a month...I deserve to be given a full upgrade only a year into my contract...I'm premier lol its one of my many perks!
    agreed! i want some answers, damn it!

i want the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
    so how do i sign up? i am not a premiere customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    agreed! i want some answers, damn it!

i want the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
    You can't handle the TRUTH! LOL!
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    so how do i sign up? i am not a premiere customer.
    You get to be a premiere customer by being with Sprint a certain period of time and spending enough money each month. The sign up is the one on Sprint's site to be notified of the PRe
    I wonder if it is too late to sign up to be notified when the Pre will be available?
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    I wonder if it is too late to sign up to be notified when the Pre will be available?
    You can still sign up, so you're probably still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Wooo-hoooo, looks like I finaly broke a story, LOL
    Actually I posted this yesterday, sorry!! LOL Maybe next time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyremn76 View Post
    Actually I posted this yesterday, sorry!! LOL Maybe next time!
    I posted it yesterday as well

And for me, anyway, the "news" was that instead of closing early like we had thought, the store would be open to midnight selling the Pre and not just to premeire customers since we already had the rumor that premeire customers might be able to buy early somethow. I actually doubted that when I first was told it, but it does seem to be the case. May be up to the individual managers depending on how much stock they have and how big a crowd they expect.

Given that this salesperson's info SEEMS to be correct, I am hoping they find out how many they will get on the 27th and she actually gets her PRe on the 27th like she said and will let me play
    Last edited by midmofan; 05/21/2009 at 06:35 PM.
    try to eat and drink as much as you can at the launch party. stuff some food in your pockets and take it home for later. this way, you can reduce the marginal net cost of your new PRE.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    it sucks when youve stuck around for a long time and then youre given a label that Sprint doesn't even really care about and they prove that...really sucks
    Why so angry/disappointed? You will still be able to purchase the Pre' on launch....
    I would rather have the issue your having than the SERO issue some of us will be facing (including myself)....lol
    does anyone remember how many days before instinct launch we got that email? does anyone still have it?
    I think I got that email on a Monday the week that the phone was supposed to be released. That email was your ticket to buying it early. I'm not getting my hopes up to soon, its still to early to me.. I'm going to wait till it gets closer to the time, and then that's when I'll expect to see something in my email. At least the week of the release we should see something more.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    Sprint is ridiculously stupid.... there are a very tiny number of people who want the pre bad enough to fight for one opening day.... if they could go in, check it out, and get their hands on one...

But this way their gonna lose another 100,000 customers to att before they even get a shot at prospective buyers...

Does anyone think this is all a hoax????
    If it's a hoax, it's been one since like March. There have been rumors floating around way back that initial release was only going to be like 375,000. Also, there was going to be two launch dates. Take it for what its' worth. But if it was all true, I could see the second batch not coming in until almost a month later, and that would not be good.
    Sprint has a plan, I just don't think they have made it known to everyone yet. Not even their employees.

Honestly, that's the only sure way to avoid leaks, don't let the information get into too many hands. They are keeping a really tight lid on things, and the only thing you or I can do is to wait for the email, when sprint finally decides to talk (or hasn't anyone else noticed that only Palm has been sending the emails so far).

I think that Sprint may be planning to reveal more information on May 27th, based on their sweepstakes (remember, that's the day after they contact the winners). I think that's been their plan all along.

Just my $.02 worth.
    To those who are referencing a 30,000 unit rumor - I never heard that. The rumor mentioned here and on other sites that has been repeated often is 300,000-375,000 in the first shipment. I think you missed a "0"

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    If it's a hoax, it's been one since like March. There have been rumors floating around way back that initial release was only going to be like 375,000. Also, there was going to be two launch dates. Take it for what its' worth. But if it was all true, I could see the second batch not coming in until almost a month later, and that would not be good.
    I think the 30,000 is a misplaced zero, but the shortage issue is not "a hoax." You are talking about statements by top level Palm and Sprint execs to major analysts and directly to the press and covered in the serious financial press like Bloomberg. There is a problem with supply, most likely deriving from shortages in capacitive screens.