Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I wanna say there are around 8,000 corporate sprint stores.
    A lot of those have quietly become affiliates over the past couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sprint store was always going to be your best bet for a launch pick up. Telesales if you can't find one.
    I think you will be in for a rude surprise on June 6 morning when you find many of them start selling on June 5 evening to premier.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    My local Sprint store indicated that they were expected to work until Midnight on the 5th, and seemed to think that the working would mean the store would be open until Midnight. She indicated that she would hold phones for me if she could, once she found out how many units they would be getting in the store. So, we shall see.
  3. joelpalm
    My roommate works for Best Buy and goes in before opening every Saturday. So I will have one reserved for whenever I decide to wake up! HAHA!
    Yeah, I called a couple of local best buys here in Chicago. One said they have no idea. The other said her manager told her they were only going to get 3!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I really hope that Precentral and other websites post what the rundown is for the stores as we approach June 5/6.
    I generally don't have much faith in posts from new posters posting something they "got" form a sprint source.
    But I think it is very probable stores will be selling on June 5 afternoon/evening to Premier. This makes the most sense if inventory is very tight.
    Look to the Instinct release for guidance and stop ramming your heads into walls.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    FWIW - Just called my local Sprint corporate store and asked about whether they were having a Pre premiere party on June 5th. The associate said that they weren't having a party but would have extended hours the day before launch. She then said if you signed up on Sprint.com to be notified about the Pre, you will get an email from Sprint to come in and buy the Pre on June 5th, and you needed this email in hand to buy the phone on 6/5. I then asked if this was only a Premiere customer thing and she said no, it's open to everyone that signed up online. Hope this is true!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    FWIW - Just called my local Sprint corporate store and asked about whether they were having a Pre premiere party on June 5th. The associate said that they weren't having a party but would have extended hours the day before launch. She then said if you signed up on Sprint.com to be notified about the Pre, you will get an email from Sprint to come in and buy the Pre on June 5th, and you needed this email in hand to buy the phone on 6/5. I then asked if this was only a Premiere customer thing and she said no, it's open to everyone that signed up online. Hope this is true!

That sounds pretty much in line with what I heard the other day and what I picked up today. No party in my town but extended hours on the 5th for early buying.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I just called my store and they will be selling pres from 6-midnight on 6/5. I asked him if I could get in without an invitation and he said I should get an invitation, but when I pushed as to if they would let me in if I didn't have one he said yeah, it won't be a problem.
    Just called a corporate store on the north side of Chicago and they also said they would be selling Pre's on 6/5 to anyone who signed up to be notified through Sprint's website - said we should be getting an email from Sprint and we bring the email to the store in order to buy on 6/5. I verified that it was not just for Premier customers - she said it was open to anyone who signed up. I guess we'll see....
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    all I've read is that the wait lists are bullocks. I hope I have an IN like it sounds like you do
    Only time will tell if the "list" really works for me but I signed up on the store list about a month ago and when I went in this week to see if they could hold a phone for me until the 11th and that I was on "the list," the salesperson opened up a metal cabinet behind the desk and pulled out the list that had my (and others) name and phone number on it. So at least they really were keeping a list, adding to it and referring to it.
    I hope this turns out to be the case! This would make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I generally don't have much faith in posts from new posters posting something they "got" form a sprint source.
    But I think it is very probable stores will be selling on June 5 afternoon/evening to Premier. This makes the most sense if inventory is very tight.
    Exactly... best customers with lowest churn is your ideal INITIAL market.
    So, I just called my local corperate Sprint Store and he said they ARE dtaying open late on the 5th and 6th. He said he was pretty sure the 5th was by invitation, but said to sign up at Sprint.com for the notification. I've done that...so far no invitation.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    So, I just called my local corperate Sprint Store and he said they ARE dtaying open late on the 5th and 6th. He said he was pretty sure the 5th was by invitation, but said to sign up at Sprint.com for the notification. I've done that...so far no invitation.

Wooo-hoooo, looks like I finaly broke a story, LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Look to the Instinct release for guidance and stop ramming your heads into walls.
    does anyone remember how many days before instinct launch we got that email? does anyone still have it?
    Last edited by abarrera; 05/21/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    and I actually thought being a premier customer would give me an advantage to get the phone. once again, sprint makes me feel like and *****
    I went to a Sprint store today to manage some things on my account, and they said "Yes, Premiere customers can pick it up on June 5th." That was really the only thing he knew though, and even at that he sorta hesitated. He said he'd know more next week.

So I'll be there June 5th.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre

I was told the same at my local Sprint store. (Glendale, AZ) Still haven't received my email!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    and I actually thought being a premier customer would give me an advantage to get the phone. once again, sprint makes me feel like and *****
    The whole Premier thing is nonsense in my opinion.