Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Better get them quick. Dan Hesse already reporting they may not have enough. I know this was reported already but those who are thinking of waiting maybe June 5th should be your day.

Palm Pre Shortages Expected at Launch - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Sounds like the Sprint i know and love.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Sounds like the Sprint i know and love.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    i have spoken to about 5 stores in my area (San Antonio, TX)...all corporate. 3 of them told me that there is no party and they will not be selling the Pre til the 6th. 1 told me they are having a party but you must have an invitation to attend. The last one told me they are opening from 6-12 and there is no list...anyone can come.
    Looks like there is at least one redeeming quality of living in Utah... but again, in my post I mention that Sprint Store Managers have the authority to do what they will. They will absolutely close at 6pm, though.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Just seems like if this ends up being true, with that low of quantity per store, then the ifanboys & media will blow up Palm on this, and then we can watch the little bit of momentum they were building in the stock.... fall yet again. If people end up at the store, just to watch 1 or 2 people snap up all the phones, Urkel is right, they will just go get an 09 iphone.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Went to Best Buy today, and the Mobile Manager told me he was getting between 3 and 6. He gave me his card and told me come in beginning of June and he will put a phone away for me if I want one. I still am going to call telesales first, then Best Buy as a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I was just told by my local BB manager that only the top 300 stores were getting them. Not the top 1000. I was on the wait list that they started but no more. He isn't getting any of the first run.
    Well, if that's true, then there will be an average of 14 per store (if the BGR is also correct about 4250 going to BB). I bet they will weight the distribution towards the stores that sell more product.

This makes me wonder how many total Pres will be available on launch day. Assume BB and RShack both get 4250, that's 8500. Anyone know how many Sprint stores there are? At any rate, it's starting to sound like maybe that 30,000 number wasn't so far off.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Looks like there is at least one redeeming quality of living in Utah... but again, in my post I mention that Sprint Store Managers have the authority to do what they will. They will absolutely close at 6pm, though.
    what are you talking about?
    Keone,

My company is a Premier Customer and I spoke with Premier Business CSR yesterday. We are in Glendale, Az. She informed me that if a "Pre Party" was not planned withing 50 miles of us, then there would be no invites, etc. That's a bummer unless things change. Keep this thread posted with what you may find out as time goes by(regarding PHX) and I'll do the same.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Well, if that's true, then there will be an average of 14 per store (if the BGR is also correct about 4250 going to BB). I bet they will weight the distribution towards the stores that sell more product.

This makes me wonder how many total Pres will be available on launch day. Assume BB and RShack both get 4250, that's 8500. Anyone know how many Sprint stores there are? At any rate, it's starting to sound like maybe that 30,000 number wasn't so far off.
    I wanna say there are around 8,000 corporate sprint stores.

And even with the initial release being so low, according to Palm, Wal-mart is still going to get some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I wanna say there are around 8,000 corporate sprint stores.

And even with the initial release being so low, according to Palm, Wal-mart is still going to get some.
    That's right, I forgot about them. Maybe Dan Hesse was being honest.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    i have spoken to about 5 stores in my area (San Antonio, TX)...all corporate. 3 of them told me that there is no party and they will not be selling the Pre til the 6th. 1 told me they are having a party but you must have an invitation to attend. The last one told me they are opening from 6-12 and there is no list...anyone can come.
    Would you PM me the stores you called?
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    What I was trying to say was that each sprint store could be different, and your post proved that. A different story at nearly each store you called. My point was to get people to call and see if their local sprint store was going to offer the phone on the 5th.
    I highly doubt they will sell it on the 5th to everyone, they will sell it but to premier customers or if you know someone at the store to hook you up.
    I think this rumor is nuts. It would almost be better for Palm and Sprint to postpone the launch at this point then to do it with insufficient inventory.

I think there will be a decent number of handsets available, they might still run out but speculating on 4 per store and '30k' total is just silly. No one is that dumb.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Guys and Gals this is AWESOME!!! If you live in South Florida I just got a word from my buddy Chris who is a manager at this specific store that Non preemees can also purchase the pre on the 5th at 6PM-Midnight. Message me for the store location, info, and contact name. See you June 5th!!!
    Hey can you p.m. me the info please, I don't have enough post. =)
    Thank You =))
    I was in BB yesterday and the guy told me that they'll be getting between 10-15 units...so the top 300 stores theory may be close to being true.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i got a call back from the sprint store today and they said that they are doing a party at 6 o clock and will hold me 2 phones said im 99% getting them
    Thanks for the tip, I just called my store and they will be selling pres from 6-midnight on 6/5. I asked him if I could get in without an invitation and he said I should get an invitation, but when I pushed as to if they would let me in if I didn't have one he said yeah, it won't be a problem.
    Oh Boy. Let me get my sleeping bag out..... dang it...there goes my Saturday.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.