Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Sprint may be sending out more email invites for other cities in the next week or so. and it appears that even some of the Sprint Store employees in major cities don't even know about the full details and locations of these parties yet. it's still early so we shall see.

what do i think Sprint should do?

send an email to ALL Sprint Premier customers inviting them to go June 5 to their local store and have a chance to buy the Pre 1 day early. maybe even have an online early reservation so you know one is there waiting for you. do i need drinks, appetizers, music, and D-List celebrities? no, i'll take my Pre and go party with my friends. but thank you, the thought is appreciated. we don't need parties everywhere - just let us go buy it early before everyone else.

also maybe have a special link online and a special hotline for Premier customers allowing them to buy ~1 week early.

this Premier "early buy" perk was promised. now they should DELIVER.

thoughts?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Anyone in Columbus or Cleveland, Ohio get an invite yet? I'm a premier customer, and I'm wondering how they were divying these invites up. I'd kill to be invited
    I'm in the Cleveland Area, I'm premier, and Have NOT received any type of invite I'm hoping I do, because I really want to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I'm in the Cleveland Area, I'm premier, and Have NOT received any type of invite I'm hoping I do, because I really want to go!
    no celebrity party in Cleveland? OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

i guess you have LeBron.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    I sure will. May call or go by tomorrow. What part of SA are you in?
    south over by Brooks...thats usually the store i go to but im thinking if they have one it might be at the Quarry. Im gonna call around and try and find out...please let me know what you find!
    The local Sprint Store hear me is a fairly large one, well designed by the group that did The Apple Store and the redesign of The Gap. The guys there are all techies and phone guys so they're up on all the latest stuff. They ALL know all about the Pre. They follow every rumor site they can find and seemed about as pumped up as we are. Nice to see in an age where the reps in any mobile store tend to be about as clueless as is humanly possible.

They are severely bummed that other stores they know have already received their single Pre for the designated rep and are on the list for Pre training. These guys near me are DYING to get into the game, but seem to have gotten in the slow lane as far as the Pre goes.

They won't have a demo unit until the actual launch date. MAYBE the night before, but for now they're looking like they've been shut out until the last possible second. They were among the first to have the BlackBerry 8350i in this area. They had a working Treo Pro about a week before anyone else around here, and they thought they were on the cutting edge. Now they're walking around like Eore without his tail!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    This is similar to my latest experience. The Pre advocate at one of my local stores definitely has the Pre, but simply cannot show it to me until the day of the release. Bummer.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Le Who? (Boston Transplant)...
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Durham NC here. I'm premier and haven't heard anythung yet. Iknow Raleigh/Durham isn't a major city in terms of population but we are certainly the technology capital of the east coast (before anyone goes crazy about this claim, research it). Anyone else in the 919 know about early release?
    OK, the June 6 release date is really bad for me since I am on vacation out of the country from the 3rd through the 10th, so i went by one of the local stores I have been dealing with to see if they could set one aside for me to pick up on the 11th. They said no problem one would be put away for me. FWIW I have bought 4 phones from them and have a bill of about $200/month (before my new Credit Union discount of 25% I will be getting soon thanks to the threads on PreCentral --thanks!) and am in there a lot, and know the manager from years back when he bartended, so they know me pretty well.

So far no big deal but then we got talking about the release date and such and here is what I was told.

This store is going to find out how many Pres they will get on the 27th. That is also when the salesperson I was talking to was told she would get her Pre. She said (we will see if she comes through) that she would let me play with it when she gets it.

Also said that the store was not closing early on the 5th (we are NOT near any of the cities that are having a pre party) rather they expected to get their Pres sometime the afternoon of the 5th and were planning to stay open until midnight and then open up early the next day. She knew of no restriction to only sell on the 5th to Premire Customers.

Anybody else heard anything like that? She was certainly telling the truth as she believed it but there is always the chance she was given the wrong info OR that is what this particular store is planning right now only to get slapped down by Sprint if they find out that is what they are planning.

UPDATE: From talking with others, going back to the Store and reading the other posts, it looks like my info was correct. The stores not doing official pre parties can, and in many cases are, going to be open late on the 5th selling the Pre. Still some conflicting info if have to be a Premiere customer, just on the web notification list or anybody.
    Last edited by midmofan; 05/21/2009 at 05:08 PM.
    I spoke with the retail manager at the Sprint corporate store near me and he told me they were going to close early but work til midnight doing set-up. If this is the information he's been given and is up to date, I don't believe this Sprint corporate will have any sort of event for Sprint Premier customers. I'll have to check with him in the first week of June for a current update. Hopefully he can give me a hold on 2 Pres. As I WILL be going in that morning. Don't know of any other stores doing holds for general public, and all I've read is that the wait lists are bullocks. I hope I have an IN like it sounds like you do
    drug that dude!!! and make him take that pre out and then take it and run!
    Didn't get to speak with the Pre Advocate at my store, but the Retail Manager said info on the phone was "hush hush" and that they couldn't turn theirs on til a certain date and that they had to keep it locked in their safe haha
    Guys and Gals this is AWESOME!!! If you live in South Florida I just got a word from my buddy Chris who is a manager at this specific store that Non preemees can also purchase the pre on the 5th at 6PM-Midnight. Message me for the store location, and info. See you June 5th!!!
    Last edited by preman2be913; 05/21/2009 at 04:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Guys and Gals this is AWESOME!!! If you live in South Florida I just got a word from my buddy Chris who is a manager at this specific store that Non preemees can also purchase the pre on the 5th at 6-12. Message me for the store location, info, and contact name. See you June 5th!!!
    Is south FL and LA, and dallas the only places getting the Pre on the 5th or what?
    Contacted one of my stores in north FL and can purchase on June 5 after 7pm. I'm so there!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Nacho how awesome is this!!!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Tried to PM you, but I need 15 posts before I can PM. Do you have aim or can you PM me please.

Guys and Gals this is AWESOME!!! If you live in South Florida I just got a word from my buddy Chris who is a manager at this specific store that Non preemees can also purchase the pre on the 5th at 6PM-Midnight. Message me for the store location, info, and contact name. See you June 5th!!!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    All of you are a bunch of cheaters.

Unless of course I can somehow get in after 6pm on Friday
    Nacho how awesome is this!!!
    Perfect news. Those that do know about the Pre and plan on purchasing it, which I'll assume isn't many, hopefully won't know they can get it the day before official launch. Don't have to worry about them being sold out now.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    my guy from one of the stores around boston, ma confirmed this too. they will be selling pres from 6pm to midnight