Poor Tony,

Late to the Party
    Just call me Berd.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    LOL

Poor Tony,

Late to the Party
    I think this forum set the world record for dupe topics in this short amount of time .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I don't know about where you guys live, but rent where I live goes up every year. Yeah, if you've been living somewhere for a while, they usually give you first option to re-sign the lease at the new price, but the price doesn't usually stay the same. They cannot raise the price mid lease though without your signed approval.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So this was the famed WSJ article? Wow.
    Maybe some folks will stay on SERO and maybe Sprint will get desperate again and then they can get the PRE with their $12 plan. But I'll bet these geeks can't stay away from the PRE altar for that long. Or they can get nice Boost phone and a $50/mo plan.

But in the mean time, can the mods install an autobot to delete any thread or reply that contains the word SERO in the PRE forum. Good riddance.

Starting now...
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    Maybe some folks will stay on SERO and maybe Sprint will get desperate again and then they can get the PRE with their $12 plan. But I'll bet these geeks can't stay away from the PRE altar for that long. Or they can get nice Boost phone and a $50/mo plan.

But in the mean time, can the mods install an autobot to delete any thread or reply that contains the word SERO in the PRE forum. Good riddance.

Starting now...
    SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO SERO

I asked for this a long time ago but it is ok. Gives us something to rant about since we have the release date now!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

I was over at slickdeals and it's so much phone to go through the Pre thread that for some reason is in the hot deals section...odd. All the SERO users are all up in arms. It's quite amusing to see it all develop again.

My business rep is putting my order in as soon as the SKU hits the system.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    You also don't ask to move to a nicer apartment in the middle of your lease and expect to pay the same rent either.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    They cannot raise the price mid lease though without your signed approval.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I just made a quick visit to my local Sprint (company store), BB, Walmart, and Radio Shack. The news is not good.

The Sprint store took excellent care of me when my Treo 700p keyboard died, so I rate their service as high. Although they have people coming in every day asking about the Pre, they still know nothing. Had not heard about today's announcement. One of the agents I talked to was such a crackhead that he didn't like the Pre. Was afraid it would hurt Blackberry sales. I was astounded! I'm giving up on these guys for any Pre info or ordering.

My local Walmart is a Supercenter. They had Sprint business taken away from them about 2 years ago. My area, Vegas, apparently has no Walmart that carries Sprint, so they are out of contention. Their is a possibility that Sam's Club may carry the Pre, but seems like a long shot.

My local Radio Shack had never heard of the Pre. Thought I might be talking about the Pro. Argh, here we go again.

BB at least had heard of the Pre but had no info on sales

Given the quote from Hesse that supplies are short, I expect to see no availability at anything but Sprint, until supplies increase.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I just made a quick visit to my local Sprint (company store), BB, Walmart, and Radio Shack. The news is not good.

The Sprint store took excellent care of me when my Treo 700p keyboard died, so I rate their service as high. Although they have people coming in every day asking about the Pre, they still know nothing. Had not heard about today's announcement. One of the agents I talked to was such a crackhead that he didn't like the Pre. Was afraid it would hurt Blackberry sales. I was astounded! I'm giving up on these guys for any Pre info or ordering.

My local Walmart is a Supercenter. They had Sprint business taken away from them about 2 years ago. My area, Vegas, apparently has no Walmart that carries Sprint, so they are out of contention. Their is a possibility that Sam's Club may carry the Pre, but seems like a long shot.

My local Radio Shack had never heard of the Pre. Thought I might be talking about the Pro. Argh, here we go again.

BB at least had heard of the Pre but had no info on sales

Given the quote from Hesse that supplies are short, I expect to see no availability at anything but Sprint, until supplies increase.
    That may be your area, different stores will have different stories. I would imagine that the Sprint stores would have more Pre's than the retail stores though.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    I don't know about where you guys live, but rent where I live goes up every year. Yeah, if you've been living somewhere for a while, they usually give you first option to re-sign the lease at the new price, but the price doesn't usually stay the same. They cannot raise the price mid lease though without your signed approval.
    That is so unfair! If I were renting (sorry, I own), and someone ever tried to pull that crap on me, I'd show them a thing or two!

1. First, I'd move to someplace that charged me more and was a dumpier joint.
    2. Then I'd badmouth the old place to everyone that would listen (or read), and let them know I showed 'em by paying more for less.

Yeah, that'd teach 'em!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcrone View Post
    Could. Usually a good landlord lets a good tenant stay forever unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise;
    It's been a long time since I was in a rent home, but in every apartment I ever had, the rent went up when the lease was up.

These days, the only leas I have is for my boat slip. And, the rent goes up every year.
    As a Sprint Premier Customer I received an email invitation to a Palm Pre Launch Party on June 5. The invitation states that I would be able to purchase the Pre at the event before it hits the streets the next day. I had to RSVP for the party which kicks off @ 6pm at a Sprint Store in Los Angeles, CA. Celebs would show up between 7-9pm. Party ends at midnight. I hope I can make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bondocpre View Post
    I had to RSVP for the party which kicks off @ 6pm at a Sprint Store in Los Angeles, CA. Celebs would show up between 7-9pm. Party ends at midnight. I hope I can make it!
    Bono is coming to my party on May 3rd.. at a Sprint store in "Georgia".
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just saw this, on Palm Goon, and I'm not sure how many of these there will be or how exclusive these will be (tech blog writers, press, & local celebs only?) OR Could this be the answer to the question people have been asking about early availability for S|P members?

Palm Pre Celebrity Launch Party June 5th | Palm Goon
    Nice! Kinda makes me wish I had been using an eligible plan all these years
  18.    #238  
    Hmmm, that'd be nice, that's for sure. I'm a Premier customer but nothing like this yet.

Edit: (And by nice, I mean not the 'celebrity party' but of course buying the Pre before the rush.)
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    The guy at my Sprint store told me it comes out June 6th, but he didn't have any for display

I think it's fate that I get this phone since I really wanted a Storm, but my current AT&T contract doesn't end 'til, get this... JUNE 6th!
    As a Sprint Premier Customer I received an email invitation to a Palm Pre Launch Party on June 5. The invitation states that I would be able to purchase the Pre at the event before it hits the streets the next day. I had to RSVP for the party which kicks off @ 6pm at a Sprint Store in Los Angeles, CA. Celebs would show up between 7-9pm. Party ends at midnight. I hope I can make it!