Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Does wal mart offer instant rebate like BB does?
    Eh its like that at every company. I work at ESPN, I learned about 15 days ago we are releasing some iPhone apps on June 1st cause of the Verizon exclusivity ends then.

THe only reason I found out is because I was in a meeting with clients.

Big companies tell the customers first before their own workers....just how it seems to go. THe people in the company who know are usually the some what higher ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Does wal mart offer instant rebate like BB does?
    No, but they may offer layaway
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

i called up the sprint premier upgrade number since i wasnt supposed to be upgraded til july. she made a notation in my account saying they would upgrade me starting June.
    so does anyone know how this works? Can i go to best buy and get the discount there or is it only at sprint corporate stores.
    How long can a Sero user hold out? I am one and I'm slowly realizing that any remotely cool new phone is going to require a simply everything plan. So in 5 years, since I can't imagine that any new htc, android, or palm phone will work with the old SERO plans, it's going to be a hardline choice: do I want data for $60 or do I want my old SERO forever at $25?

How long can my treo 700wx keep working? How long can I keep buying one off of ebay when mine breaks? How long can I stand using the same phone just for a SERO plan? I'm thinking that it's inevitable.

Before having a cell phone was a luxury. Now it's standard. Soon data will be a necessary cost of being able to function in modern society. And so the de facto new amount that the vast majority of people will be paying is $60 a month, as opposed to $39.99 right now. So the phone companies win again. They could even drop voice plans to $25 a month for everyone and still make alot of money as we all become more and more dependent on data. $25 voice will be an option that few people are willing to choose in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I've been on my $16.99 3rd party retailer plan with the $20 data plan for ages now. I'll be bumping up to Everything Data most likely with the 450 minutes. It'll be a drop in anytime minutse for me (750 to 450) but an increase in nights and weekends (750 to unlimited). I'll also now have unlimited text instead of 50 texts per month. Will be an increase in cost but frankly I find the Pre well worth it and I'm willing to pay more, especially considering even with Everything Data being more expensive then what I'm lucky enough to be paying now its its still a good deal cheaper than the "average" cell phone deal on another company.

Pre here I come.
    I agree. I have an old Fair and Flex plan for $29.99, $5 for a text package, and $15 for unlimited data. Totals $50 plus taxes so around $55-58 every month.

I'll be upgrading to the Everything Share 1500 plan with my girlfriend which will finally qualify me for my corp discount of 15%. Total will be $110 so $55 each before taxes but we will each get an average of 750 daytime and unlimited everything else. Totally worth the $5 more in my opinion to have 2 Pre phones with more minutes that we could ever use and everything else included.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Sprint employees are idoits! Not all of them but alot of them.
    OK, I know most of us (myself included) don't worry much about spelling; but there's something almost sadly ironic in a post that calls others "idoits".
    I've called two Sprint stores and neither of them have any intel on the pricing or release date. I told them that I just got an email directly from Palm with the same info they seem to be lacking. This is frustrating - Especially since I'm sitting here reading about some of you guys calling and getting phones 'held' for you and getting the $199.99 price locked-in even though you're an existing customer.

I'd like to be able to do that too, but there's a link missing somewhere in the chain of command or something. They should already have this intel - before we the consumer gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Sprint employees are idoits! Not all of them but alot of them.
    Nice use of irony there!
    Both my wife and I have the $15 unlimited data plans on our phones. I'll be patiently waiting to hear what happens because I know it would work fine on the Pre.

Sprint is merely capitalizing on the Pre's hype to cash in with absurdly priced data plans, when it will undoubtedly work fine with a lower priced data option.

I'd rather pay full price for the phone and keep my plan intact, which it sounds like what I'll probably have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    No, but they may offer layaway
    Oh snap!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    12:57:45 PM System
    Connected to sprint-ap1.cnxchat.com
    12:57:45 PM System
    Session ID:
    12:57:50 PM System
    Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    12:57:55 PM System
    Jamie M has joined this session!
    Connected with
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is How may I assist you today?
    12:59:18 PM
    I'm only one year into my contract. I want to know how much I'll have to pay for the Palm pre when it comes out. Will i get the the new customer price?
    1:00:20 PM
    Currently there is price of the Palm Pre device. However if you provide me with the PIN or answer to your security question I will be able to tell you what discounts you qualify for.
    1:01:20 PM
    My pin is
    1:01:35 PM
    Thank you that information is correct. One moment please while I access your account and review your account notes so I can better assist you with resolving your issue today.
    1:02:25 PM
    Thank you for your patience. Currently the line only qualifies for $75 off of the original price of the device in which you would be eligible for the price on Sprint.com on 1:03:22 PM
    Can that date) be moved up by any chance?
    1:03:45 PM
    I do apologize however the date for upgrades is unable to be changed.
    1:04:20 PM
    Do you know how much it will cost retail? Without rebates?
    1:05:26 PM
    I do apologize however the pricing of the Palm Pre has not been released yet.
    1:06:43 PM
    On the Palm website, a price of $200 is given? Do you know how much more it will be, at least an approximation, without rebates?
    1:08:26 PM
    Actually I apologize, I have found it. The full price of the device will be $549.99.
    1:08:45 PM
    Thankyou for your help
    1:08:58 PM
    It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved all of your issues today?
    1:09:12 PM Yes
    1:09:23 PM
    Thank you for your patience and you have a great day.
    1:09:23 PM
    We value your business and would appreciate you taking time to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. To ensure you are able to participate, please disable all popup blockers before pressing the exit button to end the chat session. Additional feedback or comments regarding Sprint, your chat, or chat agent can be sent to : sprint.customerappreciation@connextions.com. Thank you for contracting Sprint. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

So the full price is $549
    BoyGenius made this report...I don't have access to the link right now...can someone else post it for everyone?
    i have a phone that is up for a phone upgrade but is still in contract for another year... i hope i still get the 100 MIR and the $150 instant credit...

The Touchstone charging dock and Touchstone back cover also are available separately from for $49.99 and $19.99

what do u need a different battery cover to use that touchtone charging dock?

if so why would they sell it seperatly?

whats also the sprint premier number for telesales.. i am also a member of that.. going to use that 25% discount for the touchstone
    Last edited by italiangspot; 05/19/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    There have been two other threads started about this.
    Oops too late just saw the other thread...please delete!
    I just got off the phone with a sprint rep. He told me with my 2 year upgrade, the Pre was going to cost me $150. I wonder if that is really true or if he was somehow wrong..... I guess we will see in June as to how much it really is...