Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Wanna know what happened?
    Palm/Sprint leaked the 5/19 WSJ rumor on purpose. Apple heard it, as we did, and spend a quarter of a million dollars printing their full page ad to try and counter the Pre's. And now Sprint just need to come along tomorrow or Thurs and have an uninterrupted shot at this paper : )
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Was it not Sprint or Palm saying there was a huge annoucement they were going to give???

IGO
    Please, like either of them have actually said anything.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    - either that or Boy Genius Report (where I believe this rumor originated) can't be trusted. - I believe they got a lot of the Best Buy rumors wrong as well... $999 simply isn't true!
    This is garbage. I just went through all of the pages and only came across the iPhone. I DO NOT WANT AN iPHONE http://online.wsj.com/documents/prin...8-20090519.pdf RAWTRRWW
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well, I found nothing....but I was at least dedicated and stayed up to get the lack of news as it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by shai126 View Post
    - either that or Boy Genius Report (where I believe this rumor originated) can't be trusted. - I believe they got a lot of the Best Buy rumors wrong as well... $999 simply isn't true!
    As a past employee there....it's just priced that way to be in the inventory system...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I had a feeling the WSJ rumor was incorrect. Looks like I may have been right.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Wanna know what happened?
    Palm/Sprint leaked the 5/19 WSJ rumor on purpose. Apple heard it, as we did, and spend a quarter of a million pounds printing their full page ad to try and counter the Pre's. And now Sprint just need to come along tomorrow or Thurs and have an uninterrupted shot at this paper : )
    hmmmmm interesting development. A GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE IF YOU WILL??

im rubbing chin in deep thought.

if it isnt, it might just be a FAIL
    Yep...and wrong again.

Palm and Sprint announcing Pre availability May 19th in the WSJ? : Boy Genius Report
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ok, time to look back at the stories saying we should expect something in the WSJ today. Anybody got the links handy? Could Palm be taking the secrecy even further by not allowing WSJ to post it online? Some of these back pages for the sections seem kind of odd...like it wasn't something I would've expected as the back of a section. Maybe it will just be in the print edition? Maybe I'm dreaming. It is the middle of the night.
    Screw this, I'm going to back to bed.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Interesting Side Note:
    There has been rumors that Walmart will be selling the Pre...and their website is down for maintenance...coincidence?
    Is the Palm Pre Release Really Launching Today May 19? » Phone Reviews

And another one...like a women at a church social...gossip....gossip....gossip!!

IGO
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Ok, time to look back at the stories saying we should expect something in the WSJ today. Anybody got the links handy? Could Palm be taking the secrecy even further by not allowing WSJ to post it online? Some of these back pages for the sections seem kind of odd...like it wasn't something I would've expected as the back of a section. Maybe it will just be in the print edition? Maybe I'm dreaming. It is the middle of the night.
    All signs point to BGR making stuff up again.

Palm and Sprint announcing Pre availability May 19th in the WSJ? : Boy Genius Report
    http://www.precentral.net/pre-releas...unced-may-19th
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-may-19th.html
    Palm Pre Announcement Scheduled for Next Week
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Is the Palm Pre Release Really Launching Today May 19? » Phone Reviews

And another one...like a women at a church social...gossip....gossip....gossip!!

IGO
    That would be awesome, but how exactly would it go down? How are they going to announce it to everyone? Did they lie about the WSJ only to put something in every other paper? I'm just not believing it.
    Sorry to hear that guys! But we do have a release date!! Sprint is counting down to June 6th launch of Palm Pre
    Palm Pre launch details revealed this week? : News : Communications - ZDNet Asia

again.......Look closely that Sprint is "working closely with Walt Mossberg"....maybe he's the one doing the announcement???

IGO
    Just wait... there will be a big Pre kinda like this one:
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks for the links. I'm still curious what might happen today. I should sleep.
    Is the size of that pic allowed here???

IGO
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast