1.    #1  
    Personal Tech - Expectations for Palm Rise as Pre Smartphone Nears

Barclays Capital has raised its expectations for Palm, predicting that its Pre smartphone will launch next month with solid demand. It estimated Palm's sales could be almost $2 billion for the year.
    High expectations....
    I saw this article earlier today. Lets hope - my $PALM investment so far this year is buying me a new Pre and a kitchen remodel. What concerns me is further in the article indicating problems with other phones may erode into any sales gains.
    Wow, me too jcunwired! Thanks for the kitchen, Palm! I'm hoping we top out at at least $14.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Wow, me too jcunwired! Thanks for the kitchen, Palm! I'm hoping we top out at at least $14.
    Yes - it would be nice for Palm stock to increase in value back to 1/50th of its once peak price
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes - it would be nice for Palm stock to increase in value back to 1/50th of its once peak price
    Just wondering if you have said ONE positive thing on this forum? Just one? Ever?

BTW, no one in this thread said anything about Palm reaching its stock price of record. If these guys invested in PALM at $2-5/share, they are doing pretty darn good.

Heck, the NASDAQ is up 36% in 10 weeks! But it is still at a price only 1/3 of its all time highs (1700 vs 5100). Another example, Ford has been up over 500% from its lows of only 6 months ago, but is still only about 1/3 of its highest close in the last 5 years. 6 months ago, it was 1/15th the price. Palm has had similar results.

These guys have done a great job investing thus far. Congrats to those who have done it on Palm stock--just don't forget to sell at some point.

Cheers
    With WebOS and the supposed "line of products" that are coming for both the operating system AND Touchstone - I have a feeling this is the start of something revolutionary and huge in the smartphone market. There was something about J Rubenstein's smirk during the CES presentation that made it look as if he was saying "HA! This is just a tiny part of what I'm about to blow your minds with in the next few years and man - I'm gonna be richer than I already am now" LOL
    The Palm Pre will have EVDO, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth stereo, 8GB of storage, and a fast processor . It will have a thin, curvy 3.1-inch touchscreen; a three-megapixel camera with flash; a removable battery; and USB 2 connectivity. If the touchscreen fails, there's a vertical slider QWERTY keyboard.
    I guess the writer plans use the keyboard only after he breaks his screen!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL