1.    #1  
    Is the pre gonna have the type of microphone integration that the iphone has.... I LOVE shazaam and my guitar tuner....

Is this type of software even possible for the pre???
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    i hope so those r both great apps
    Should work fine i'd imagine.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    Is the pre gonna have the type of microphone integration that the iphone has.... I LOVE shazaam and my guitar tuner....

Is this type of software even possible for the pre???
    it looks like as of right now, Shazam is not going to make an app for the Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hazam-com.html
    I really hope it does allow developer access to the mic, I use apps that use it all the time on my Treo 680.

Plus I'd like to write apps to use it on the Pre...

I haven't heard anything either way yet though...
    Shazam would be cool, but not a big deal for me.

A tuner, however, is somewhat important. Preferably of the chromatic variety.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I missed the 2 Guitar Tuner apps I used on my TT3 when "upgrading" to the TX. I had to go out and buy a tuner and like it, but it would be nice to have a tuner with me at all times again.
    I used PhonTuner on my Treo and loved it. I wish Pre had such an application
    There is absolutely no reason why Palm won't open up the mic in the mojo API. There are too many apps that can take advantage of it.

We will just have to wait and see. An app like Shazaam is actually pretty simple you just need to capture the audio then send it up to a server for processing.

Palm knows people want something like an audio recorder that was in the original PalmOS so hopefully they will be opening the API up soon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo