Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Even when I wore acrylic nails like this, they were a fraction of the length. I had them cut back to just past the fingertip. As was mentioned above, acrylic nails are not good for your nail beds & even without getting a fungal infection, my nail beds were deteriating.

While it's a lot harder to maintain nice looking nails with my natural nails (i.e. mine tend to break, split, peel)...again they aren't allowed to be any longer than just past my fingertips.

Typing & 10-key are tons easier & more accurate with shorter nails, a necessity for me. This means I'll have no problem with the capcitative screen. So the answer to whether or not your wife will have problems with the screen, will depend on how long she keeps her nails.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbritton View Post
    As was mentioned above, acrylic nails are not good for your nail beds & even without getting a fungal infection, my nail beds were deteriating.
    I think this is why I was grossed out by them. It was so unnatural and the girls who had them always had painful issues with fungus and getting nails painfully ripped off... Regular manicured nails look fine. No need to go overboard
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    No nails. They won't register with these kinds of screens. It has been an issue with iPhones.

On a similar note, it's really surprising to me how many people on this forum mention buying two or more Pre's next month for them and other members of the family. First of all, it doesn't strike me that everyone in the family would necessarily like the Pre. Second of all, why would you buy more than one unit when you haven't used it for a few weeks. Wouldn't that be better?

I would recommend buying one Pre and seeing how it works (with or without nails) and then buying another one if desired.
    Why would this matter when Sprint gives you a 30 day trial period?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Those were cool in their day though. I had them, but went back to all natural because actually acrylic is very bad for your nails.

As for capacitive screens and nails, no go, you must use fingers. I really wish they could work around the glove thing though.
    Done. Gizmodo - iPhone Glove Battlemodo
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    I think there's a North Face store in Chicago. And they'll be back for the fall line, so says the article.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    sry,,, I keep everything trimmed
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    While they may have long nails, they still have fingers
    Uh, yeah...but how will someone with long nails touch the screen with their fingers without also touching it with their nails in a comfortable way???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Uh, yeah...but how will someone with long nails touch the screen with their fingers without also touching it with their nails in a comfortable way???
    By using the pad of your finger instead of the tip I guess. Like the area you use when you take fingerprints.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    By using the pad of your finger instead of the tip I guess. Like the area you use when you take fingerprints.
    *grin* I stress the last two words of my post, "comfortable way". That may work from time to time, but consistently that would get very annoying. The Pre is made to be touched constantly!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    *grin* I stress the last two words of my post, "comfortable way". That may work from time to time, but consistently that would get very annoying. The Pre is made to be touched constantly!
    seems like many don't understand that the nail tip tends to curve downward when it grows beyond the tip of the finger, making it difficult to touch a screen with the pad of the finger without putting the finger at an awkward angle & putting a lot of pressure on the underside of the nail. this is why i keep mine short.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    So you are saying the Pre isn't for Dolly Parton? ]

I don't get it? Are you suggesting woman with big breasts shouldn't get a Pre? :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I have nails but they aren't extremely long. I can use the pads of my finger to navigate. I don't think nails will be a problem being that there is a pull out keyboard. if your nails are really long you will have to use the side of your finger to type and navigate the touch screen but it's doable. I wear contact lenses and I have learned how to remove them without my fingernails getting in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    I have nails but they aren't extremely long. I can use the pads of my finger to navigate. I don't think nails will be a problem being that there is a pull out keyboard. if your nails are really long you will have to use the side of your finger to type and navigate the touch screen but it's doable. I wear contact lenses and I have learned how to remove them without my fingernails getting in the way.
    Just like my wife. Women adapt and improvise to get the job done.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    sry,,, I keep everything trimmed
    hahahaha. This thread cracks me up, and this comment just seals the deal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12