1.    #1  
    Sprint is going all out right now on the Now network ad campaign. I know this isn't really anything new, but seeing A big Now Network ad on the front page of fox news right in the middle of the page was surprising. I use firefox with adblocker, and rarely see any advertisements on any sites anymore, but this one actually showed up front and center. Pretty nuts! Hopefully thats a sign that they're going to have a huge ad blitz over the next few weeks.

Last edited by schnoid; 05/18/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Sprint is going all out right now on the Now network ad campaign. I know this isn't really anything new, but seeing A big Now Network ad on the front page of fox news right in the middle of the page was surprising. I use firefox with adblocker, and rarely see any advertisements on any sites anymore, but this one actually showed up front and center. Pretty nuts! Hopefully thats a sign that they're going to have a huge ad blitz over the next few weeks.

I had to go check it out myself. I'm surprised it came through.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    3 Sprint ads all on one page! That's crazy. It was about the Now Network, Rumor and Rant.... no Pre.
    News Corp > Fox News > WSJ for news about the Pre launch!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh347 View Post
    3 Sprint ads all on one page! That's crazy. It was about the Now Network, Rumor and Rant.... no Pre.
    It's called a homepage takeover or roadblock.

Most websites offer it to inflate the value of the homepage. Most of the time it only lasts for one day as it is very expensive. (at least at my job).
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    PreCentral > News Corp > Fox News > WSJ for news about the Pre launch!
    Fixed that for 'ya.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    if you used IE8's built in ad blocking you'd get none of those ads:-)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    advertising on nascar and fox news. Hmmm... sounds familiar.