Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. AntDeRoche's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #1  
    Jason Hiner, the Editor in Chief, wrote an article posted today titled "iPhone: Why I may be seduced by the dark side". It's not a fanboy piece at all, there's a lot of good critiques of the iPhone on AT&T. In it he does mention several times how, even though he does like the iPhone, he might end up with the Pre.

    TechRepublic
  2. #2  
    That about sums up my thoughts of the iphone. I'd like to keep it and could even keep paying a premium but AT&T just sucks too much (or the aolphone is flawed in some way in that it drops signal).

    Whatever apps the Pre doesn't have at first, it will be more than made up for having much better 3G coverage, reliable connection, decent phone & speaker, better form factor, and especially not being a walled garden, etc.
  3. #3  
    Man thats basically it...people give sprint crap so much but man:

    Over the last five years, I have used smartphones on all four major U.S. carriers - Treo 650 on Verizon, Treo 700p on Sprint, BlackBerry Curve on T-Mobile, and iPhone on AT&T - and I’ve traveled across the U.S. with all four of them. Verizon provided the best and most consistent performance. Sprint and T-Mobile were both serviceable. AT&T was by far the worst.
    True words right there.
  4. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That about sums up my thoughts of the iphone. I'd like to keep it and could even keep paying a premium but AT&T just sucks too much (or the aolphone is flawed in some way in that it drops signal).

    Whatever apps the Pre doesn't have at first, it will be more than made up for having much better 3G coverage, reliable connection, decent phone & speaker, better form factor, and especially not being a walled garden, etc.
    My reasons for not getting an iPhone in favor of a Pre (i'm switching from Verizon):
    1) AT&T
    2) Cost (AT&T plans are $100 more month with a 5 person family plan with data)
    3) No customization without jailbreaking
    4) Only allowed apps that Apple and AT&T want you to have
    5) I *HATE* iTunes and being forced to use it to sync is ridiculous
    6) No multi-tasking
    7) Notification system sucks on iPhone
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    My reasons for not getting an iPhone in favor of a Pre (i'm switching from Verizon):
    1) AT&T
    2) Cost (AT&T plans are $100 more month with a 5 person family plan with data)
    3) No customization without jailbreaking
    4) Only allowed apps that Apple and AT&T want you to have
    5) I *HATE* iTunes and being forced to use it to sync is ridiculous
    6) No multi-tasking
    7) Notification system sucks on iPhone

    1. Agree
    2. Agree
    3. Agree to a lesser extent. I could live without it...or just jailbreak it.
    4. BIG agree. But jailbreaking does solve that
    5. HUGE AGREE. I don't even own an iPod anymore, the last thing i want is iTunes back on my computer trying to slip in an install of Safari
    6. Agree
    7. Didn't even think of that until the Pre came about...but agree.
  6. #6  
    The expensive plans are whats keeping me from the iPhone. I don't make money in my backyard.
    When I'm in class, not focusing on my teachers of course, I tend to look around and I notice that roughly 15 out of 19 of my classmates have iPhones. Personally, i don't like following what everyone else is doing, and it seems to me that everyone is brainwashed by the apple curse.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SooHeartleSSss View Post
    Personally, i don't like following what everyone else is doing, and it seems to me that everyone is brainwashed by the apple curse.
    They are called Lemmings.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SooHeartleSSss View Post
    The expensive plans are whats keeping me from the iPhone. I don't make money in my backyard.
    When I'm in class, not focusing on my teachers of course, I tend to look around and I notice that roughly 15 out of 19 of my classmates have iPhones. Personally, i don't like following what everyone else is doing, and it seems to me that everyone is brainwashed by the apple curse.
    There are plenty of benefits to having the iPhone but so many obstacles to use one (iTunes is major for me too. I used Anapod Explorer and now use MediaMonkey). iTunes is a resource hog IMO and would be nicer if it ran faster.

    I'm a college student too and I've actually seen as many Centros around campus as iPhones.

    I also work as an IT guy for who I cannot say but there was a woman I was helping who was using a Centro and she said she was thinking about going to the iPhone because it loads pages better. I explained to her the difference between ATT's 3G network and Sprint's and explained the Pre would be coming out with a browser just as good as the iPhone. She said the reason she was with Sprint was the cheap prices.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  9. #9  
    I also work in the IT industry. We have nationwide branches in most major cities. Philly, Denver, Boston, Tampa, Atlanta, Houston, SanFran, LA, St. Louis, and Chicago. Sprint offered us the best all around cell-service in every single one of our offices, while having the best data network, IMO. That is why I chose them and have not had a single complaint in 6 years. Gotta love it.

Posting Permissions