Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    How do I get contacts and calendar from my palm Treo 755P or Outlook 2000 into Googlel? I already use a gmail email account.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...op-google.html
    Follow Me On

I first started using Gmail when it was in beta through a friend sending me an invitation. I still have one of my other email accounts but gmail fulfills all of my needs. My yahoo account has been neglected and eventually deleted thanks to gmail.

Later on I send my best friend an invite and she hasn't look back since either. She loves the service and even gtalk. My other friend however is stuck on hotmail. I love her but poor sap.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    OK, so if I end up deciding to move my bazillion folders worth of Yahoo email over to gmail, can I do it without causing duplicates and other problems? Not sure I found that answer in this thread...or I just may not have understood.

I think you can move everything without duplicating so long as you don't do the gmail "forward" option back to your old address. When i transferred, however, my folders, however did not move, everything that moved over wound up in the gmail inbox.

On thing about Gmail, it looks like I have a 7 gig limit without paying for more and my yahoo is unlimited, has that been a problem for anybody?

Lastly what is best, having Gmail "fetch" emails from yahoo or having yahoo forward them to gmail.
    I really wish GMAIL allowed real folders though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I think you can move everything without duplicating so long as you don't do the gmail "forward" option back to your old address. When i transferred, however, my folders, however did not move, everything that moved over wound up in the gmail inbox.

On thing about Gmail, it looks like I have a 7 gig limit without paying for more and my yahoo is unlimited, has that been a problem for anybody?

Lastly what is best, having Gmail "fetch" emails from yahoo or having yahoo forward them to gmail.
    Not at all. I've had Gmail for 4.5 years (exactly, as of today) and in that time accumulated 12603 messages, not deleted a single one, and have used only 1793 MB of the 7327 MB currently available.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It'd be nice to have the option, but I've really grown to love the labels concept. It's awesome to be able to file one message under multiple categories and have those categories show up in the inbox view.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You can install a Greasemonkey script that will enable hierarchy for labels.

Folders4Gmail Plus for Greasemonkey

So if you rename your labels:

Friends
    Friends/John
    Friends/Alex
    Social
    Social/Facebook
    Social/Forums
    Social/Twitter

It will show up as:

Last edited by Syphon; 05/18/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I've been using Gmail since 2005, and I'm at 10% of the 7 gig, never deleted a thing.

labels are superior to folders once you get to know how to use them. I wish more services and software would use labels, it's just so much easier.
    Is there anyway to merge gmail accounts? I already have an account (organization email account) and Im planning to start a personal one when I get my Pre. I wanted to merge them both together, so that I can keep my email address name from the org account. Is it possible? Or just to have 2 different email addresses?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Is there anyway to merge gmail accounts? I already have an account (organization email account) and Im planning to start a personal one when I get my Pre. I wanted to merge them both together, so that I can keep my email address name from the org account. Is it possible? Or just to have 2 different email addresses?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. Under the Gmail settings there is a section where you can fetch mail from another email. Just enter the login credentials for the other gmail account & follow the rest fo the steps.

And then I believe on this same screen, you can also set your outgoing email. So even though you may be logged into the main organization account, you can send email using your personal address. When people reply, Gmail will automatically fetch the message because you already set it up from the paragraph above.

I don't have access to my Gmail at work, so I'm not as accurate as I want to be. =/
    Follow Me On

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12