Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint is using the Pre in all of there NOW commercials, but you can't get the dam thing. You can't even find out the release date. This makes no sense. Isnít this completely contrary to their marketing of getting it NOW? Hello....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Not that your observation is a particularly original critique, but it misses that Sprint is marketing The Now NETWORK, not themselves as the NOW company. Do you really expect them to never market or hint about a product until you can personally buy it?
  3.    #3  
    It's not new but needed to be said again.

When a company says they are the 'Now network' i think it's fair to expect whatever they discuss in their advertisements - whether it’s a functionality or a physical product - should be readily available. They are marketing toward, now people, and I believe those type of consumers would want those products immediately.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    It's not new but needed to be said again.

When a company says they are the 'Now network' i think it's fair to expect whatever they discuss in their advertisements - whether itís a functionality or a physical product - should be readily available. They are marketing toward, now people, and I believe those type of consumers would want those products immediately.
    When have they "discussed" the Pre in an ad? It's in their current commercials for 3 seconds at the end, and goes unnamed.
    It will all change tomorrow Grasshoppers!!!
    There some other companies that used just a little hint at a new product in a commercial to get the buzz going. Notably, back in the 90s there was a Comcast commercial showing a Comcast van driving down a lonely road, and the slogan was "changes are coming". That was the first advertising for Broadband.

When Nissan launched the Infinity brand, they did the same thing, just showed the inifinty logo, but no car.
    so that means that 4G is coming soon.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    There some other companies that used just a little hint at a new product in a commercial to get the buzz going. Notably, back in the 90s there was a Comcast commercial showing a Comcast van driving down a lonely road, and the slogan was "changes are coming". That was the first advertising for Broadband.

When Nissan launched the Infinity brand, they did the same thing, just showed the inifinty logo, but no car.
    Yup, i remember seeing the infiniti commercial in one of my classes in college. It literally was just lighting storm and the infiniti logo.

Or how about the early Blackberry Storm commercials when they showed the phone for a brief second and then just a black screen with the dude saying "whoa."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    When have they "discussed" the Pre in an ad? It's in their current commercials for 3 seconds at the end, and goes unnamed.
    Putting picutres on the Pre is enough, in my opinion. again, if ur saying this is the now nwetwork, anything represented in your add should be available now. Even if it is not specificly discussed. The advertisments are misleading

Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    It will all change tomorrow Grasshoppers!!!
    YEs .... it will, it will :-)

Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Yes. 4 G is coming soon, though in limited areas of the country. And not via phone. The wiMax 4G network will be available for data via PC cards. It's availble in a few cities, i belive baltimore is one.
    da Gimp

I've thought about this too. It will be even worse if when they announce the pre tomorrow it is not available NOW.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Does anyone else on this forum think that the ad tomorrow will be a Pre ad, but not include the price or release date? I'm thinking that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Does anyone else on this forum think that the ad tomorrow will be a Pre ad, but not include the price or release date? I'm thinking that.
    I'm thinking that tomorrow will be the big day of release date, price, ads, and the unveiling of everything we ever needed to know, including but not limited to the meaning of life.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The "Now Network" is just a slogan if you will, it's just a catchy phrase. You guys take this stuff wayyy too seriously. This pending release of the Pre has you all acting like weirdos. Just relax, stop sitting here analyzing every single little thing. I mean, there's a whole thread devoted to the symbol above the "e" in Pre. You kidding me? Go out and get a life meanwhile, trust me, the phone will be here before you know it.
    In their defense, some of us always act like weirdos.

<-- like this guy.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    Yep I product tested it in Baltimore last winter. Got a free laptop out of the deal as well. I didn't keep the service after the trial ran out only because I am usually in a hotspot and can use my Touch Pro as a hotspot in a pinch. It wasn't worth me paying for another ISP at the time.

It's still a nice service and if you only use a laptop and no desktop, you can just pay for Wimax and always have access anywhere in town. As they expand the service it will be even nicer. I stream things from my house a lot so I still need a home ISP and likely won't switch over to Wimax anytime soon.

One nice thing about Sprint's 4g network is that there are no contracts and you can buy it by the day or month if you want it.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    The "Now Network" is just a slogan if you will, it's just a catchy phrase. You guys take this stuff wayyy too seriously. This pending release of the Pre has you all acting like weirdos. Just relax, stop sitting here analyzing every single little thing. I mean, there's a whole thread devoted to the symbol above the "e" in Pre. You kidding me? Go out and get a life meanwhile, trust me, the phone will be here before you know it.
    That catchy phrase is meant to create a perception of the company. A companies perception is very important to consumer, consciously and sub-consciously. There is nothing weird about discussing how a company wants you to perceive them and what that same company does to support that.

If they want to be the 'now network' and make their clients feel as if they can deliver what their clients need, right now, then they should not be including phones in advertisements that are not available. Itís misleading to the consumer and undermines their message.
    da Gimp

Putting picutres on the Pre is enough, in my opinion. again, if ur saying this is the now nwetwork, anything represented in your add should be available now. Even if it is not specificly discussed. The advertisments are misleading.
    No, they aren't, and there's not a court in the US that would hear a case for Sprint "misleading" customers based on the above.

I mean, Sprint doesn't give you the ability to split into identical multiples of yourself either...should we complain because they show people doing precisely this in their ads as well?

The Palm Pre is a phone from Sprint that they will be selling very soon. Just like the Volt is a car coming in the near future from Chevrolet that appears in some of their commercials. Just like all movies appear in advertisements before you can actually go and watch them. It's simple marketing.
    That catchy phrase is meant to create a perception of the company. A companies perception is very important to consumer, consciously and sub-consciously. There is nothing weird about discussing how a company wants you to perceive them and what that same company does to support that.

If they want to be the 'now network' and make their clients feel as if they can deliver what their clients need, right now, then they should not be including phones in advertisements that are not available. Itís misleading to the consumer and undermines their message.
    Yeah but if that's the case, whats with EVERY single carrier having "the most reliable network" or "the best network coverage"... Again, It's something to make them look good, and while it might be factual in some areas, it's not in every area. Again, something to draw customers into the door.

They say this, but do they give "the nations biggest coverage area" crap? No.. No one has 100% or even "the best" everywhere.
    3 part launch.

Switch to Sprint to save $$$ on data plans as compared to others.
    The Now Network is a great network for data.
    Use the Pre on Sprint.

The Pre is the phone to switch to Sprint for to use on the Now Network! I think this is the message Sprint is trying to get across.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No, they aren't, and there's not a court in the US that would hear a case for Sprint "misleading" customers based on the above.

I mean, Sprint doesn't give you the ability to split into identical multiples of yourself either...should we complain because they show people doing precisely this in their ads as well?

The Palm Pre is a phone from Sprint that they will be selling very soon. Just like the Volt is a car coming in the near future from Chevrolet that appears in some of their commercials. Just like all movies appear in advertisements before you can actually go and watch them. It's simple marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Yeah but if that's the case, whats with EVERY single carrier having "the most reliable network" or "the best network coverage"... Again, It's something to make them look good, and while it might be factual in some areas, it's not in every area. Again, something to draw customers into the door.

They say this, but do they give "the nations biggest coverage area" crap? No.. No one has 100% or even "the best" everywhere.
    Agree on the court part. I'm not suggesting there is a legal standpoint here. Comments like "best coveradge" are arguable and can besupported by various polls. However, comparing the avaiilablilty of a phone to the example of splitting yuorself to multiple people is not the same. The company is showing a physicla product, which cannot be purschased. It just doesn't jive w/ thier catch phrase. If the Volt was in a commerical for the Now Car company - "the company that gives you green technology now" I would be making the same argument. It's misleading. It's simple marketing, but it;s a poor job of marketing IMO
    da Gimp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast