Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    guys lets be honest, its not going to be this big, or at least i hope not. For some reason i envision no lines or at least no large lines. the iphone was different. when it was first announced there were regular people, not nerds like us, who were excited for the iphone and were already anouncing they would buy it. But we are most likely a few weeks out from the launch and most people dont even know what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'd like to post a poll to see how many actually take their Pre to bed with them that first night. That is if they didn't get suckered into buying a touchstone in which case it will definitely be on their nightstand. Either way, I'm sure they'll be in bed playing with it. There'll be some game on there they won't be able to put down. They'll be streaming something soothing off of Pandora to lull themselves to sleep. Maybe they'll be running as many programs possible and following the battery meter to see how long it takes to run down. That'll hopefully mean they'll be getting to bed at sunrise.
    its a drag they will probably release it on a sunday so most of us that have jobs wont be able to play with it all night
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    its a drag they will probably release it on a sunday so most of us that have jobs wont be able to play with it all night
    Yep! I will have to spend most of the time playing with it at work and through the week!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    I used to doubt this because by having web-only software it's easy to keep everything tightly sandboxed. But if something like Classic can be sideloaded and doesn't have heavy encryption/code signing then it's a whole other story. Any native app could easily be loaded, Palm just wouldn't have a documented API. I imagine someone's going to have a lot of fun disassembling Classic to figure it out. Not my skill set though.
    Hence the word "hacker". How long did it take to get root on iPhone and jailbrake it? And that was back when there were no third party apps at all.
    True true. Tuesday is a big work day where I'll be around a bunch of iphone users. Will be pretty sweet if they have epocrates or some other decent medical software to show off to them.

One thing I'd like to see is that it just works well out of the box. If that's the case you'll have the best marketing campaign in all the new users showing it off to their friends and others they are showing it off to. I sold a few people on the Centro that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I wonder what will happen to Mr. Ski Mask...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I wonder what will happen to Mr. Ski Mask...
    Good Lord man, didn't you see that last " " video?

I thought the nice lady made it pretty clear what was going to happen to Mr. Ski Mask when he actually has a Pre...
    What about those of us who most likely will order from telesales?
    We'll be bugging Sprint for a UPS tracking number.
    Then we'll be tracking that sucker as it makes it way from Louisville to a regional hub, to the truck, out for delivery.
    Then we'll be waiting in front of our residences waiting for the big brown truck to come down the street.
    If we're stuck at work, we hope no one steals our treasure.
    Then, when we see our long-awaited Pre has arrived, we slice the packing tape, oh so carefully, not to damage that beautiful Pre box.
    Then as we open the box, we realize:
    This is IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Then we'll be tracking that sucker as it makes it way from Louisville to a regional hub, to the truck, out for delivery.
    Then we'll be waiting in front of our residences waiting for the big brown truck to come down the street.
    Then, when we see our long-awaited Pre has arrived, we slice the packing tape, oh so carefully, not to damage that beautiful Pre box.
    This is IT!
    Its the Treo Pro, lol....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    This is IT!
    Unfortunately UPS comes at 8PM to my house and they usually throw the packages over my fence so I will be going to the store for this one
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Unfortunately UPS comes at 8PM to my house and they usually throw the packages over my fence so I will be going to the store for this one
    Did you sleep with your UPS guys wife or something? LOL. My UPS guy gave me his personal phone number so I can call him for instructions should I not be home for an important delivery. And he NEVER throws stuff over the fence, he neatly wraps it in plastic and puts it in the designated spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Did you sleep with your UPS guys wife or something? LOL. My UPS guy gave me his personal phone number so I can call him for instructions should I not be home for an important delivery. And he NEVER throws stuff over the fence, he neatly wraps it in plastic and puts it in the designated spot.
    Nope, I have always had that problem with UPS. Fedex puts it right by the door and UPS throws it over. I don't get it.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    at work, the day after i get my pre, i'll be running around like navin johnson, squealing, "the new pre's here! the new pre's here!" my coworkers will look at me & go, "boy, i wish i could get that excited about nothing."
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    at work, the day after i get my pre, i'll be running around like navin johnson, squealing, "the new pre's here! the new pre's here!" my coworkers will look at me & go, "boy, i wish i could get that excited about nothing."
    And then you finally can be somebody?
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    epic

I have ppl who have iphones and G1s man this will be the ****.. I will be ordering my pre online (no activation fees, no shipping well i will get overnight shipping) so they will send it straight to my work place ;D
    It likes me. The Pre really likes me...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And then you finally can be somebody?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!
    Last edited by dtokarz; 05/18/2009 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Good Lord man, didn't you see that last " " video?

I thought the nice lady made it pretty clear what was going to happen to Mr. Ski Mask when he actually has a Pre...
    So you suggest Mr. Ski Mask to make a video...

Maybe should get everyone lining up outside a Sprint store all wear skimasks..
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Maybe should get everyone lining up outside a Sprint store all wear skimasks..
    Check your state laws, it's illegal here in Virginia to wear a mask covering your face in public.
    Sprint's 3G network utilization will climb from 3% to 5%
    $PALM will hit $14 a share.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast